The Cash App car is super convenient. And with CVS on every corner, it would be perfect to be able to load your Cash App card at a local CVS store.
But can you? Can CVS load your Cash App Card? We looked into it and this is what we found…
Can I Load My Cash App Card At CVS?
It’s easy to load your cash app card at CVS Health and Pharmacy stores. Simply tell a CVS cashier that you want to add funds to your Cash App Card. The funds added this way will be in the form of your physical cash which you’ll hand to the cashier.
This article takes a look at the Cash App Card: where you can use it, where you can load it, and what are the associated fees.
What Is A Cash App Card?
The Cash App card allows users to send, receive, and store money. It is used like a Visa card and can be used anywhere a Visa card is accepted. The card is a free debit card and is connected to your personal Cash App balance.
Therefore, as long as you have funds in your Cash App account, you’ll be able to use your card.
A Cash App Card is not connected to personal debit card or bank account. You can use it both online and in store. However, users can transfer money out of Cash App to any local bank account.
The transaction limit for Cash Cards is $7,000 per transaction. The following limits also apply: $7,000 per day and $15,000 per month, depending on the type of account you have.
You can deposit pay cheques directly into the app, and you can use your card to make ATM withdrawals (with conditions).
To order a Cash App Card, simply visit Google Play (or Apple) and download the app onto any smart phone. Then:
- Tap the Cash Card tab on your Cash App home screen
- Press Get Cash Card
- Tap Continue
- Follow the steps to the end of the process
- Your card is then ready to be loaded with funds
How Do I Load A Cash App Card?
There are three ways to load your Cash App Card: by loading the card with physical cash at participating retail stores, having a friend of family member transfer funds (via phone number, email, or $cashtag) to your card, or by transferring money from another personal linked bank account.
To load your cash app card at CVS (or any other participating retailer), simply approach the cashier and make a request to load your Cash App Card.
You will then be asked for the corresponding amount of cash plus the service fee. The cashier will complete the transaction by scanning your Cash App account QR code. Note that some cashiers may ask for an ID verification.
You can only use cash for the transaction. You won’t be able to use gift cards or any kind of voucher to load funds onto the card.
Loading your cash card via personal transfer will incur a wait of 3-5 business days, or users can instantly withdraw funds with a 1.5% fee.
Users may choose to hold a verified or unverified account. Unverified accounts may only send $250 per week and to receive $1,000 per month. To verify an account, you need to submit your legal name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
Verifying your account will release new spending limits to you and completely removes the receiving limit.
How Much Does CVS Charge To Load A Cash App Card?
CVS charge a $4.95 service fee to load Cash App Cards. However, this fee can change depending on the amount of the transaction.
All associated Cash App user friendly stores charge a transaction fee to load cash to the cards, and there is no way to avoid this fee.
Which Stores Will Let Me Load My Cash App Card?
When you’re looking for an outlet to load cash to your Cash App Care, simply use the map in the Paper Money section of your Banking tab to find a deposit location near you. To do this, tap the banking tab on the Cash App home screen. Select Paper Money and find your nearest location (or use the search bar for an actual address).
- Walmart (customer service desk or money centers)
- Dollar General.
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
Should I Get A Cash App Card?
Customer feedback on the benefits of using Cash App Card is consistent on a number of benefits. These include:
- Once you’ve loaded your cash funds, the money will be available to use immediately. (Loading your card via a transfer can take a little longer)
- You can keep a Cash App Card totally separate (not linked) to any kind of bank account
- You can load Cash App Cards at retailers of convenience. In other words, large department chain stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores which have many outlets
- The card is free and easy to use and can be used instore and online
- You can use the card to withdraw cash at ATMs (3 withdrawals per month) providing you have a linked bank account and have at least $300 coming in each month. Note that you can’t deposit money at an ATM using a Cash App Card.
- The card can be customized (for a fee)
- You can pay anyone instantly
- You can use it to receive pay cheques
- You can use it to buy stocks and bitcoin
- The service uses advanced security features from verification locks to sophisticated data encryption
- The Cash App website has a Scam Help page with easy to follow processes for responding to and reporting frauds and scams.
Cash App Card users have responded to the new mobile payment service with enthusiasm. Although it may not be useful for everyone, its ease of use and the accessibility of its held funds has made it a popular digital payment choice.
If you think Cash App Card may be useful to you, visit the Cash App website and read through the service rules.
Make sure you understand all terms and conditions and every associated fee. Once you’re set up you’ll be able to use and load your card immediately at most of your local convenience stores.