McDonald’s is very famous sure, but we don’t have to delve too deep into its history to understand that even if you are all about healthy foods, you can’t deny that once in a while, there is something that McDonald’s has for you that will leave you satisfied, from their breakfasts to burgers and ice creams, there is something for everyone.
These days there are many ways to pay for your favorite meals, so if you were wondering if you can pay at McDonald’s with cash on the app, then you will find out in this article, and maybe even learn something new!
Can You Pay With Cash on the McDonald’s App?
Yes, you can actually pay in cash with the McDonald’s app, but it’s not so straightforward. In short, you should be able to just place an order on the app and a cashier will help you in-store to make the payment for your order, but a lot of the time cashiers don’t know how to handle this situation as it’s not that common.
The most important thing is that you request to pay in cash before you get the confirmation code, that way you can avoid a lot of trouble. If they charge the card and print the receipt then your plans of paying in cash won’t work.
You can pay in cash for app orders but it doesn’t help that the McDonald’s app doesn’t make it easy for customers. You might find yourself in a situation where there are a couple of misunderstandings that aren’t really worth it.
So yes you can pay with cash after making an order through the app, but, do we recommend it? No, not really. Paying with card or Apple Pay is much more straightforward.
If you want to know what payment options McDonald’s offers as well as a few other details regarding their services, then we recommend you continue reading this article!
What Payment Methods Does McDonald’s Take?
If you go to a McDonald’s you’ll be able to pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. If you prefer paying with your phone, however, you can do so by using your Apple Wallet with the McDonald’s app. If you use an Android phone you can pay with Google Pay as well.
Of course, you can also pay in cash in-store if you want.
How to Pay With Google Pay
If you want to pay with Google Pay for your McDonald’s order, you need to keep in mind that you won’t be able to pay for online orders placed on the app.
The only way you can use it is if you are in-store, or in the drive-thru, which still makes it a useful payment method to have but you will find that Apple pay will give you more options when it comes to paying for your order.
This is how you do it:
- First, unlock your phone.
- Then place the back of your phone against the contactless payment reader. This is usually attached to a machine where you would normally insert your credit card.
- Once the payment is complete, a blue check mark will appear on the phone screen.
- In some stores, you will be asked to enter your PIN when paying with a debit card or your signature when paying with a credit card.
- That’s it, enjoy your meal!
How to Pay With Apple Pay
When you are ready to pay for your order you need to use the funds in your Apple Wallet and choose one of three methods that Apple Pay offers.
Paying with Face ID
- Tap the phone’s side button to pay for your meal with the selected card.
- Confirm your identity with Face ID or by entering a passcode
- Place the phone near the NFC card reader until a checkmark appears on the screen and the display shows the confirmation “Done”.
Paying with Touch ID
- Place your finger on the phone’s Touch ID and pay with the selected card.
- Then hold the phone near the NFC reader until the screen says “Done” and a checkmark appears on the display.
Paying with Apple Watch
- First, double-click the side button of the watch to pay with the selected card.
- Bring your Apple Watch downwards to the NFC reader.
- Your watch will notify you that the payment was successful
Even though you may be able to pay in cash after ordering through the app, it might be a bit confusing due to the fact that McDonald’s isn’t really prepared for that. This makes it a situation that even cashiers don’t know how to handle most of the time.
So if you want to pay in cash we recommend you also order in-store and avoid any sort of problems, you are going to have to go anyway to make the payment right?
If you really want to use the app then you might as well go all in with contactless payment and use Google Pay or Apple Pay to complete your order and pick it up!