At 7-Eleven, you can buy groceries, your daily newspaper, and even cash checks.
All with the help of 7-Eleven’s custom-made Vcom machines, which are present in most of their stores in the United States.
Please read on to learn more about cashing checks at 7-Eleven.
Does 711 Cash Checks?
Yes. 7-Eleven cashes checks. They offer numerous financial services such as paying bills and cashing checks with their Vcom machines. However, you can only cash checks as long as you possess a special card known as the Transact Card, which works just like a MasterCard debit card.
Read on to learn more about cashing checks at 7-eleven.
What Do You Need To Cash A Check At 7-Eleven?
The most important item that enables you to cash checks with any 7-eleven Vcom machine is a Transact card. Apart from cashing checks, your transact card allows you to enjoy the financial services they offer, from paying bills to sharing money.
How do you get your 7-eleven to transact a card? To get the prepaid Transact card you have, you have to apply for it. When applying, you’ll be required to provide the following:
- Your Name
- Date Of Birth
- Or Any verifiable Government-issued ID like your Driver’s license or your passport ID.
After applying, you’ll have to wait till the activation of your account and delivery of your transact debit card. How long will it take for your 7-eleven prepaid card to deliver by mail? It takes between 7 to 10 days for the card to get to your mailbox.
How Do You Cash Checks At 711?
Now that you’ve gotten your 7-eleven (Transact) prepaid card, you can cash any checks conveniently as long as 7-eleven Vcom machines support the bank on the check. Here are instructions on how to go about the whole process:
- Insert your Transact card into the 7-eleven Vcom Machine.
- Verify your personal information
- Insert the check into the machine
- Wait for the check to be processed
- Verify the amount on the check
- Deposit the amount on the check into your Transact card
Now you’ve just funded your 7-eleven Transact with the amount on your check.
How Much Does 711 Charge To Cash Checks?
Cashing a Check at 7-eleven can usually cost you just less than 1% of the amount you wish to charge. However, this fee varies depending on the location of the machine you’re using.
For instance, if you make use of your Transact card at a 7-eleven store, the fees for cashing a check would be very low or even just 1%.
Note, if you make use of your Transact card on any other ATM, you may have to pay more for every check you cash as the fee could hit $2.50 for cashing a check. Even to just make an inquiry, you’ll be charged a fee of $0.50.
To learn more about the fees you can incur from using a Transact card, please read on.
What Are The Fees For The Transact Card?
The Transact card attracts certain fees based on how it’s used. Here they are:
- Withdrawing money from a different atm will attract a fee of $2.50. But withdrawing from a 7-eleven all-point network ATM will be free of charge.
- Replacing a stolen, lost, or damaged Transact card will attract a fee of $2.95.
- Transferring money from one bank to another with the transact card is free. But the fees for such ultimately depends on the bank as that factor could attract a fee.
- Reloading your Transact card at any 7-eleven is free.
- If your plan on the card is the pay-as-you-go plan, and you used the card as a credit card, then you’re going to get charged just $1 every time you make a purchase.
- If the card is used as a debit card, you’re going to get charged $2 for every purchase.
What Types Of Checks Will 7-Eleven Cash?
You hear that 7-eleven is a place that enables cashing checks, but what kind of checks do they deal with? Their website says that they do cash checks such as government benefits, tax refunds, insurance settlements, cashier, payroll, and even money orders.
The only type of check they can’t cash is a personal check. That can be done with any bank ATM or credit union.
Note: generally, the maximum amount of money in a check that you can cash out is $1500. However, it may be less in certain locations. This is why it’s best to contact the nearest 7-eleven store to confirm the fees and the limit their Vcom machines can cash.
What Are 7-Eleven’s Transact Card Policy/Limits?
Here are the policies and limits for using a Transact card to load, withdraw, and transfer money:
- The general limit on your transact card is $15,000. It’s also the limit you can receive in a 30-day period.
- You can’t reload your Transact card with more than $7500 from a 7-eleven store in a 24-hr period.
- If you wish to make an over-the-counter withdrawal or card purchase, your limit for the day is $5000.
- With the ATM, you can only make six withdrawals per day. However, even with those six withdrawals. The limit amount you can withdraw is $940, with a limit of $325 per withdrawal.
It means that if you manage to cumulatively withdraw $940 before exhausting your six withdrawal limit, then you’ll not be allowed to make the remaining withdrawal(s).
What Other Stores Cash Checks?
Apart from 7-Eleven, there are other stores that allow Cashing of checks. Here are the following:
Walmart is also a place where you can cash checks. Its limit per day is $1000 and comes with a fee of $6.
However, if you surpass the limit, then you’ll have to pay up to $8 as a fee. Walmart cashes about the same types of checks that 7-eleven supports.
But they also include personal checks, which have a $200 limit with a fee of $6.
Albertsons is a grocery store that also offers financial services, and its limit is $1000.
Here are other stores that can cash checks:
- Winn Dixie
Does 7-11 Offer Direct Cash Checking?
No. 7-Eleven doesn’t offer direct check cashing. You will need a Transact card to be able to cash checks at any 7-Eleven location.
Most 7-Eleven’s do offer the service, but not all.
No more stressful trips to the bank just to cash your check. Now you can cash checks conveniently at the nearest 7-Eleven store.
So go and get yourself a 7-Eleven Transact Card.