Aldi is one of the best choices for customers who want to save money on their groceries, not only do they offer very low prices for their products, but they also have more than a few deals and offers to make it even better.
Loyalty to the customers and great prices are probably the most important values of Aldi so it would make sense to ask if they also accept EBT(Electronic Benefits Transfer) through SNAP(Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
Let’s find out whether or not they take EBT and a few more important tips, that will make your next visit to Aldi even better.
Does Aldi Accept EBT?
Yes, customers can use EBT at any Aldi store for purchasing their products. Thankfully you can also use it to make online purchases since Aldi offers the services of Instacart through a partnership between the two.
However, you need to remember that you won’t be able to pay for the delivery services with EBT.
If you want to know more about using EBT at Aldi and more information about the payment methods offered then keep reading!
How To Pay With EBT At Aldi
- First, you need to have a SNAP EBT card added to your account. Then in “Payment Information” Add your EBT card to your account profile.
- Choose the SNAP benefits option at checkout. You’ll find the SNAP checkbox on the order summary screen.
- There you can choose the amount you want to use.
- Finally, enter the PIN code.
How To Pay With EBT Online
- First, you have to make sure you have an Instacart profile.
- Click on “Account Settings” and add your EBT card as a payment method.
- Then you have to add another payment method for other payments such as fees and delivery payments.
- After you enter your ZIP code, You’ll be able to see every Aldi store that accepts EBT for their online purchases.
- Once you choose the store, you can add EBT-eligible grocery items from Aldi into your shopping cart
- When you are done shopping, you can make the payment and choose if you want your order to be delivered or you prefer a curbside pickup.
Are Online Purchases More Expensive?
No, there is no need to worry about price differences if you wish to order online, Aldi promises the same low prices as well as online.
The only difference you should take into account is the Instacart delivery service. By shopping at Aldi online, you’ll also have to pay for the delivery which is roughly $10, but other than that, every Aldi product will cost the same as if you were in the store.
You May Also Be Interested In: Does Aldi Sell Alcohol?
What Can I Buy With EBT at Aldi?
EBT is a great choice to get some help with your household needs, but you need to keep in mind that you can’t go around using an EBT card for anything.
Still, while it’s limited to food, it’s still a very useful way to keep your fridge full.
These are the items you can purchase with EBT at Aldi:
- Dairy products
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
If you want to know which items you won’t be able to purchase with EBT then take a look at these items:
- Tobacco products
- Medicines and vitamins
- Pet food
- Cosmetics and Hygiene products
- Hot food
- Cleaning product
What Are Other Payment Methods Available at Aldi?
You can pay with cash, most debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), SNAP, Link cards, and other more recent payment methods such as contactless payment like Apple Pay and Google Pay.
So thankfully you have a lot of options, which is even more evidence that Aldi is all about accessibility for customers.
By being part of SNAP you will be able to enjoy the benefits of the program whenever you pay for products with EBT which is essentially funds to help people pay for their food.
Thankfully Aldi accepts EBT payment, so whenever you are at Aldi, you’ll be able to use your SNAP benefits on top of the already amazingly low prices Aldi has to offer.
You can also use SNAP benefits when making purchases online through Instacart, but keep in mind that you’ll need to pay for the delivery with another payment method since you can’t use EBT for anything other than groceries. If you wish to save the delivery payment as well you can choose for curbside pickup and you’ll be able to just go to the Aldi store near you and get all the groceries you ordered online.
Aldi is a great choice for those who are in a tight spot or just wish to save money on their purchases so go ahead and enjoy your SNAP benefits with your EBT card!