If you are getting low on gas, Costco is probably one of the best choices to get the tank filled up, whether you want regular gas or premium Kirkland Signature, you’ll get great quality gas.
However, some people love using apple pay for many things, so the question here would be if you can use Apple Pay for gas at Costco, so let’s find out!
Does Costco Gas Take Apple Pay?
Most Costco gas stations won’t take Apple Pay as payment, as many of their machines don’t have the technology. However, there are some Costco gas stations that will accept Apple Pay, even if they don’t list it as a payment method.
It all boils down to them having a contactless reader so you can use your iPhone wallet to pay for gas.
Still, you should be prepared if it’s your first time at a specific gas station to pay with credit cards which are accepted at every Costco, but we will talk more about that later.
If you want to know more about using Apple Pay at Costco and what other forms of payment are available at their gas stations, then you should keep reading!
Does Costco Stores Take Apple Pay?
You can use Apple Pay at every Costco, including clubs, online, and the food court. When it comes to Costco gas stations, you won’t find many that take Apple but it’s still a possibility.
You May Also Be Interested In: Is Sam’s Club Gas Top-Tier?
How to Use Apple Pay at Costco
Some say that using Apple Pay at Costco is even easier than in other stores because you just have to get your phone next to the NFC card reader and complete the payment process.
Do keep in mind that the process might change depending on how you are making your purchase, whether it’s in-store, online, or through the app.
If you want to make a purchase using Apple Pay at Costco Clubs, the process will also vary slightly.
Here are the steps to follow:
Using Apple Pay with iPhone Face ID:
- Double-click to use your default card
- Verify with your Face ID or passcode
- Then, hold your phone close to the reader until you see the checkmark on the screen
Using Apple Pay with iPhone Touch ID:
- Put your finger on the Touch ID
- Then, hold your phone close to the reader until you see the checkmark
Using Apple Pay via Apple Watch:
- First, double-click on your watch
- Then, hold your Apple Watch next to the reader and the display facing the reader
- You will hear a sound when the process is complete
If you want to pay online on your desktop, you need to follow these instructions:
- First, you must be sure to sign in with your Apple ID on all devices
- Remember you will need your Apple Watch or your iPhone in order to make the purchase
- Turn on Bluetooth on your laptop or desktop then, click the Apple Pay button
- Check to make sure all information is correct and when you are ready, confirm payment
- You will verify payment in the same way you do in stores, either with your Face ID, Touch ID, or your Apple Watch and issue a card reader.
Lastly, you can pay with the Costco app. If you want to do so, follow these steps:
- Select Apple Pay as your payment method and check to make sure all details are correct to make the purchase
- Then, verify your payment with Face ID, Touch ID, or Apple Watch
- If you want to pay with a different card than the default card set up with your Apple Pay account
Using Apple Pay with Apple Face ID:
- Double-tap the side button. The default card will appear, and you will have to tap to select another card.
- Then, make sure you use your Face ID, and you are ready to pay.
Using Apple Pay with Apple Touch ID:
- Place your phone next to the reader. The default card will appear, and you will have to tap if you want to select a different one.
- Then, place your finger on the Touch ID to complete the process
Using Apple Pay via Apple Watch:
- Double-tap the button on the side to display your default card.
- Tap a card to change it, and then you can finish the process.
What Forms of Payment Do Costco Gas Stations Accept?
If you want to go to a Costco gas station, you will be able to pay with Visa credit cards, debit cards, and cash.
You won’t be able to pay with Mastercard or any other credit cards including American Express and Discover, so keep this in mind if you want to fill your tank at a Costco gas station.
Also, remember that if you want to use a debit card you have to provide the PIN so it might take a little longer.
Costco is a very reliable grocery store as well as a gas station, but do keep in mind that not every single one of them takes Apple Pay, so try to have an alternative to pay for gas including cash, a Visa credit card, or debit card.
If you want to purchase anything else in the store, you will probably be able to use Apple Pay so no worries there, just remember to follow the steps correctly and you will have a great time at Costco!