MoneyGram is a quick and convenient way to send money across the globe. And with CVS on every corner, it’s only logical for us to wonder if CVS offers MoneyGram.
We looked into it and this is what we found…
Does CVS Have MoneyGram?
MoneyGram provides money transfer and other financial services around the globe through both digital platforms and retail locations: one of these retail locations is the American corporation CVS Pharmacy, which entered into a partnership with MoneyGram in 2019.
This article takes a look at CVS Pharmacy and MoneyGram financial services: how it works, why it’s useful, and how you can use it.
How Does MoneyGram Work At CVS?
Specifically, MoneyGram provides money transfers, money orders, bill payment, mobile top-up, and prepaid card reload services to those who may not have (or do not want) a bank account. What you do at CVS depends on which service you want to use.
For example, participating retailers, such as CVS, are provided with MoneyGram touchscreen kiosks in store. Customers use these to send or receive money, pay bills, load cards, and more. All MoneyGram agents can be identified by a displayed MoneyGram logo.
- Find the MoneyGram Kiosk within the store and select the desired service.
- Customers have the option of creating a four digit pin to use wherever MoneyGram services are located.
- Complete the service transaction at the kiosk
- Proceed to the CVS cashier and pay the transfer amount
- The cashier will provide a receipt with tracking number
If you are receiving money, this transaction is also begun at the MoneyGram Kiosk and finalized with the cashier. To receive money, you will need some form of identification: social security card, driver’s license, State ID. Some transaction require proof of address in order to be finalized. In this case, a billing statement, passport, or photo ID should be sufficient.
- Transferred cash is usually ready for pickup around ten minutes after the transfer has been completed. (However, it’s important to remember that timing is subject to the operating hours and laws and regulations of the destination country.)
- Present valid ID and the reference number for the transaction (this will be given to you at the kiosk first.)
If you are paying a bill, you will need cash payment for the transaction, the transfer fee, and the company name or receive code.
- Using the MoneyGram Kiosk, select the “pay bill” service
- Select the type of bill payment you wish to make
- Enter the receive code for the company bill you are paying
- If you don’t have a receive code, enter the company name in the search field. If MoneyGram accepts payments for the company, it will be listed (there are over 13 000 companies listed)
- Complete the transaction, and you will receive a MoneyGram reference number that confirms your transaction was sent
- Use the Track and Receive Tool to verify the payment
How Much Are MoneyGram Transactions?
MoneyGram transactions which are completed online attract fees from between $1.99-12.99, depending on the company and the amount you wish to pay. At an agent location such as CVS, fees typically vary depending on the service, the company to be paid, the amount paid and posting time.
You can verify the exact transaction fees after finding the company and entering the amount you want to pay. All rates and fees can be checked online.
At CVS, the purchase price per money order is $1.25 with a maximum order amount of $500.
How Much Can I Send Through MoneyGram At CVS?
MoneyGram have a range of rules in place to control the number of transactions and the amounts transferred on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
The maximum amount of money allowed through one transfer is $10000, and this amount is only allowed once every 30 calendar days. MoneyGram advise that if you ever receive a limit error when you’re trying to send money, to contact their customer care team for assistance.
At CVS, the maximum amount allowed per MoneyGram money orders is $500. To purchase more than this, multiple money orders must be ordered.
Can I Pick Up A MoneyGram Transaction Anywhere?
Cash can be picked up at any MoneyGram agent location. To find a location, simply head to the MoneyGram website “find a location” bar. Here, you can search by address, city, zip, or postal code.
Remember you’ll need some form of ID and maybe proof of address. You’ll also need the reference number for the transaction. This should be available from the sender.
If you are denied access to your MoneyGram transaction cash, the usual reasons are that
- The transaction has not yet been processed
- You did not present suitable identification
- You are not at an official MoneyGram agent location
What Are CVS MoneyGram hours?
MoneyGram services within CVS pharmacies are available while the pharmacy is open. However, individual pharmacy information often display a warning that MoneyGram services may close earlier than store. Please call ahead to ensure availability.
To find out if you can access MoneyGram services, call before you arrive. The availability of MoneyGram services depends entirely on availability of staff.
Does CVS Do Money Orders?
Customers can purchase money orders at CVS, and the international transfer company that CVS have partnered with for the issue of money orders is MoneyGram.
You’ll need to approach a CVS cashier to complete the transaction. They will ask you for some form of ID, the correct amount of cash for the money order, and a purchase fee of $1.25.
The maximum amount per money order is $500 and there is no limit to the number of money orders purchased. However, each money order costs $1.25.
You can’t use gift cards or vouchers, or credit cards to pay for the money order. The correct funds must be presented at the time of purchase.
Does CVS Have Western Union Services?
Although Western Union is the larger of the two main international transfer companies, CVS do not offer Western Union services or money orders instore.
This is because CVS pharmacies are not official agents for Western Union.
The partnership between MoneyGram and CVS Pharmacies provides a popular, secure and convenient financial service for customers.
To use MoneyGram, simply visit your local CVS store and ask for information about accessing the service.