CVS stores seem to be on every corner. This makes it very easy to just pop into a CVS at anytime and pick up any essentials without the long lines of Walmart and such.
The other day, I was in need of stamps and was wondering does CVS have stamps? We looked into it and this is what we found…
Does CVS Sell Stamps?
Even though CVS Health Corporation is primarily a health care and pharmacy chain, they do sell postage stamps. CVS state that they offer “face to face, at home and virtual care” and that the services they offer are “designed to meet customer needs at every step of the way”.
To this end, they sell postage stamps along with a range of other everyday personal care items and necessities at all of their 9000 retail outlets.
This article takes a look at the availability of stamps through CVS Health Corporation and pharmacies: where you can find them, how to buy them, and how much they cost.
Where Can You Buy Stamps At CVS?
CVS keep postage stamps at the counter. In other words, you’ll need to ask for them – you won’t find them on the shelves.
CVS purchase stamps in books and they will only sell them to customers in books. You can’t purchase stamps singly at CVS. Shoppers also recommend phoning ahead to check on stamp supplies. This is because stamps run out at any time, and your local CVS may be waiting on supplies.
It’s also important to remember that you can’t buy stamps from CVS online. Stamps are only available for purchase from CVS instore.
Remember you need to ask for the stamps: they are not placed on shelves and are not available at self-checkout systems and are always in sheets or booklets of 20 stamps
How Much Are Stamps At CVS?
A sheet of 20 stamps at CVS cost $10 per sheet or booklet. You can buy as many sheets as you want, but you won’t be able to buy them singly. To get just one or two stamps, you’ll need to visit your nearest post office.
Usually CVS don’t mark up the stamps they get from USPS. If they break a sheet up and sell just a few stamps, they need to be able to sell all the rest singly also, or they’ll be out of pocket. Therefore, they just sell them in booklets.
The USPS Forever stamps don’t lose their value, and they don’t expire. This means you’ll be able to use them later on with no problems. As Forever stamps usually cost 55c each, there is a small saving through purchasing a sheet of 20 stamps for $10.
What Type Of Stamps Can You Buy At CVS?
CVS sell the first class Forever Stamps, and they sell them in books or sheets of 20. They are usually not marked up from the original USPS prices.
The design of the stamps is always the same but with one design change around Christmas time. One Forever first class stamp is enough to post a standard 1 ounce letter.
Can I Use ExtraCare To Buy Postage Stamps At CVS?
CVS gives ExtraCare members access to exclusive, personalized offers, savings and rewards on nearly everything they buy. The programme is free to join and points can be used like cash towards almost anything in the store. However, there are some restrictions.
For example, you can’t use your reward points to buy postage stamps. Other exclusions on the use of reward points include:
- Prepaid gift cards
- CVS gift cards
- Money orders
Where Else Can I Buy Stamps Besides CVS?
There are plenty of places to purchase stamps – both online and instore and in different quantities. The list of outlets with stamps currently includes:
- You can order stamps online at Amazon
- United States Postal Service (USPS) – they sell stamps in varying denominations, and you can purchase them singly
- Pharmacy chains such as CVS, Walgreen and Rite Aid
- Banks – but only the larger and busiest branches (best to check first)
- Walmart Supercenter Stores – available in books or singly
- Gas Stations – again, not all gas stations will have stamps available all the time
- Staples – an American office retail company specializing in office supplies and other related products including stamps
- Walgreens – available in books or singly
- Costco – available in books of 100 stamps only
- UPS stores
What Else Does CVS Sell?
CVS offer a wide range of products along with their health services – and both the services and products range continue to expand. Customers can expect:
- Prescription drugs
- Over the counter drugs and medications
- Beauty products and cosmetics
- Film and photo finishing services
- Seasonal merchandise
- Greetings cards
- Convenience foods, snacks, and groceries, including Gold Emblem Abound – brand of wholesome snacks and grocery essentials free from artificial preservatives and flavors
- A broad selection of wellness products
- A range of electronic gift cards
- CVS pharmacy gift cards – for use in all CVS pharmacy stores regardless of location
- An ever increasing range of designer home health care tools and products, such as comfort grip canes, easy-fold travel walkers, and convertible shower chairs and three-in-one comfort commodes.
- Services such as counselling, drug management, pharmacy advice, diabetes care, prescription management, immunizations, telehealth visits, general health checks and advice, referrals to services, and connection with providers.
You can no longer purchase tobacco products at CVS. In 2014, CVS made the decision to stop selling tobacco as part of their pursuit of better health goals for all people. The company thus became the first major drugstore to stop selling tobacco.
In 2016, CVS also removed all sunscreens with an SPF below 15 from their shelves. They followed this move in 2017 with a further removal of oxybenzone and octinoxate from all CVS health brand sunscreens with an SPF below 50.
Want to learn more about CVS? Make sure to read these posts next to learn if you can print documents at CVS and does CVS take passport photos.
CVS Health Company and Pharmacies have expanded their health and retail services over the years to include a range of convenient necessities – including postage stamps.
You’ll find these at the CVS pharmacy front counters (you may have to ask for them) in booklets of 20 for around $10 per booklet.
You can’t buy stamps singly, and you can’t purchase them online. CVS is a useful place to go for stamps because they have so many outlets with long opening hours (including 24 hours) and they’re open every day of the week.
Leave a Reply