DoorDash Inc. is an American food ordering and delivery company based in San Francisco, California, United States. The Company operates in over 300 cities in States.
Since DoorDash company does not accept cash payments unless under special arrangements during delivery. Customers may be wondering if PayPal is among the cashless options they can use.
Reading this article will give you the correct answers to this question.
Does DoorDash Take PayPal?
Yes, DoorDash allows customers to use PayPal to pay for their orders. You can link your PayPal account to the DoorDash app and use it as a mode of payment. It works digitally and requires no exact change during food delivery time.
To learn more about DoorDash and the forms of payment they accept, keep reading…
How To Use PayPal On DoorDash
PayPal works the same way as other payment methods on DoorDash. The procedure is simple and takes the shortest time to check out. The steps vary narrowly in mobile apps and websites. While using PayPal mobile app, the following steps are necessary:
- Log into your DoorDash Account.
- Below the “Account Settings,” select “Payment.”
- Click on “PayPal” Under “Add Payment Method”
- Connect the two accounts by signing into a PayPal account.
For those using a computer to access DoorDash through its website, follow the steps below while paying for your orders.
- Log in to your DoorDash account.
- Click on the three stacked lines menu icon in the top left-hand corner of your desktop.
- Select the “Payment”
- Click on “PayPal” below the “Add New Payment Method.”
- Sign into PayPal account to link it to DoorDash.
If you have various payment methods, click on three dots next to PayPal to `Set Default` this account.
Click Here To Find Out What Happens If DoorDash Can’t Find A Dasher
How to Add a Payment Method to DoorDash App
On your DoorDash mobile app:
- Open and log in to your account.
- Select the top-left corner icon.
- Select ‘Payment Methods’
- Click on the arrow next to credit /debit card under ‘Add Payment Method.’
- Enter the card number, expiration date, and ZIP code.
- Tap ‘Add Card’ to save the information after confirmation.
- Select the three dots next to the card if you have more than one payment card, and select the default card from the list.
Other Food Delivery Stores That Accept PayPal
If you are a PayPal user, you can get food from the following store across the State.
- Just Eat
- Uber Eats
- Olive Garden
Other Payment Methods Accepted By DoorDash
The following are other payment methods that you can use at Doordash:
- Cash on delivery
- Credit or debit card
- Google or Apple Pay
- Gift card
Is It Safe To Use PayPal On DoorDash?
Yes, using PayPal on DoorDash is incredibly secure. PayPal is secure in DoorDash and all other online platforms that accept it as a mode of payment. With PayPal, you can manage the security of your payment through the following ways:
- Purchase protection system.
- Fraud Protection System.
- Encryption of the Site and Purchases.
Apart from these security measures, PayPal also keeps your personal banking information safe.
How To Use DoorDash Gift Card On PayPal
You can purchase DoorDash gifts from PayPal’s website as follows:
- Visit your PayPal account and navigate to the gift card option.
- Buy DoorDash gift cards usually $15 to $100.
- Confirm the transaction card code mailed from PayPal.
- Visit the gift card section on the DoorDash account and enter PayPal gift card PIN, then transfer money from gift card to DoorDash.
Does DoorDash Take Cash?
Yes, DoorDash accepts cash payment only if the delivery driver and the DoorDash merchant accept cash. Dashers have a right to accept or decline any cash order coming in with no penalties.
Although DoorDash on its own does not accept cash on its platform, customers can use DoorDash drive and order directly from the restaurant. You can order food on DoorDash Drive as follows:
- Start your order as normal in the DoorDash app or website.
- Select Cash on Delivery as the mode of payment.
- Confirm your cash and have it ready.
- Pay the DoorDash driver on delivery in cash.
Benefits Of PayPal As A Mode Of Payment
Using PayPal to pay for orders either online or in persons in selected stores has the following benefits:
- All your information like personal and banking is secure and encrypted on PayPal, making it more secure.
- The entire process of paying is simple and easier because DoorDash already has information in their system.
- Many places accept PayPal payment therefore, you do not have to worry while on vacation.
- It reduces time wasted in finding the wallet, typing in all credit information before placing an order.
Buying food on DoorDash has become simpler and faster, with more reliable payment modes like PayPal. Many people trust PayPal because of its advanced security measures.
They maintain the information, both banking and personal, in encrypted form, making it hard to be accessed by unauthorized users.
If you are a DoorDash customer without a PayPal account, you can use other payment methods like Google Pay, Credit and Debit cards, or Apple Pay.