Food Lion is not one of the biggest grocery stores around, but for many, it’s their favorite for a few reasons, including quick easy recipes to make at your home, very good prices, and great quality.
It’s also great that they focus a lot on helping people who can’t easily get food on their tables with Food Lion Feeds and SNAP.
However some people have only one question in their minds, does this wonderful place take apple pay? let’s find out….
Does Food Lion Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Food Lion began accepting mobile payments back in 2016, including Apple Pay, which allows its customers to do their shopping conveniently and easily. Food Lion also takes Samsung Pay and Android Pay.
On June 22, 2016, Greg Finchum, senior vice president of retail operations said:
“We’re excited to introduce mobile payment options for our customers at local Food Lion stores,
This includes all 1,107 stores across the country.
Customers asked us to make grocery shopping easier and more convenient and this new payment process is another way we are helping our customers speed through the checkout line.”
You can also check if the retailer accepts Apple Pay if you go to Apple Maps and search for the location that you are interested in, then scroll down to the “useful to know” section of the store and look for the Apple Pay logo, if there is a checkmark then you’ll know you can use Apple Pay.
Now that you know they take Apple Pay, how do you use it? let’s go over the process and a few more related things.
How Do I Use Apple Pay on Food Lion?
If you want to use Apple Pay on Food Lion, you can do so in-store and online through the app.
Follow these steps so you can use Apple Pay on your next purchase:
How to Use Apple Pay in-store
- Open your Wallet app on your phone.
- Select your payment card, which you can access by using Face ID, Touch ID, or your password.
- If you want to use a different card just tap the one you currently have as your default one to see the other cards available and chose another one.
- Put your phone near the contactless reader and wait for confirmation.
- Once it says “Done” you are good to go.
How To Use Apple Watch For In-Store Payments
You can also use your Apple Watch to pay for your purchase in Food Lion, and believe it or not, is even easier!
- First, double-click the side button on your Watch.
- Your default card should open automatically but you can choose another one if you want.
- Once you do, just hold your watch near the contactless reader until you get confirmation with a beep.
You May Also Be Interested In: Does Food Lion Take EBT?
How To Use Apple Pay Online
If you are planning on purchasing with Food Lion from your home, you can also use Apple Pay, so don’t worry about it, just follow these steps and you’ll be able to order anything you need.
- First, tap the Apple Pay button or select Apple Pay as your payment method.
- If you don’t want to pay with your default card then tap the “Next” button or the “Expand Menu” to choose another one.
- If you need to enter your details, then go ahead, thankfully you only need to do it once.
- Then confirm the payment.
- You’ll need to verify your identity with Face ID, so just Double-click the side button, then use Face ID or you can use your passcode.
How to Confirm Payment With iMac
- If you want to confirm your payment on your iMac with Touch ID, follow the steps on the Touch Bar and then place your finger on Touch ID. Make sure the Touch ID is on in order for it to work.
- If you want to confirm your payment without Touch ID then you can confirm the payment on your Bluetooth-connected iPhone or Apple Watch. Remember you have to be signed in with the same Apple ID
Once your payment is successful, you’ll see a confirmation message and a checkmark.
Can You Get Money Back When Using Apple Pay?
Yes, there is a reward program provided by Apple that will give you 1% cashback on every transaction you make, however, if you purchase something using an Apple Card you will get 2% cashback, and if you purchase an Apple product at an Apple retailer, you’ll get 3%.
Nowadays it has become more and more common to use alternative payment methods to the traditional bank transaction or cash, this includes Apple Pay, which offers a safer way to pay than cash and has more safety measures than credit cards.
This has led a lot of people to rely on Apple Pay for their purchases. Fortunately, Food Lion will gladly take Apple Pay, not just in-store but also online purchases, so feel free to use it whenever you want.