Grubhub has enabled many people to enjoy door-to-door food delivery for a long time. While ordering your meals on Grubhub, you may have to choose among the many payment options available.
For those people with Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), continue reading this article to find out if Grubhub accepts this mode of payment.
Does Grubhub Accept EBT?
No, Grubhub does not take EBT payments. Only retailers that provide uncooked food accept EBT payments. Companies offering food delivery services like Grubhub, UberEats, DoorDash, and Postmates do not accept payment using these benefits.
People on Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can receive State Agency food benefits via Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.
The federal-state loads this card with funds on either monthly or any other agreed period for families and individuals with low income to use.
Like any other debit card, you can use your EBT card to purchase specific food in authorized retail stores around the United States.
Can You Use EBT For Grocery Delivery?
You can use your EBT card for grocery delivery in selected stores. Customers can pay for online grocery orders in the US using EBT SNAP via Instacart. You can order strictly from participating stores in selected states.
Where To Use EBT/SNAP Card
You can only use EBT benefits to pay for uncooked meals in retail stores most times. Some retail stores accept EBT cards as a mode of payment for online grocery delivery. A valid EBT card can pay either in full or part of the order cost. These stores include:
- Save Mart
- Food Lion
- Price Chopper
- Safeway and Albertsons
- Market 32
- Lucky Supermarkets
- BJ’s wholesale
- Market Bistro
How To Pay With EBT Online
You can pay for your online orders as follows:
- Ensure you have an Instacart profile
- Click on Account Setting and add an EBT card as a mode of payment
- Add another mode of payment in case you want to purchase other items that are not eligible for EBT SNAP
- Add your ZIP code to see all EBT participating stores in your location
- Select EBT eligible items and put them in your shopping cart
- If you are sure with the items in the cart, proceed and make payments
- Choose if you prefer pickup or be delivered to you
What Can You Purchase Using EBT/SNAP?
You can purchase the following food for your household using SNAP benefits:
- Dairy products like soft-serve ice cream and milk
- Green vegetables and fruits
- Cereals like beans and bread
- Fish, poultry, and meats
- Non-alcoholic beverages such as bottled water.
- You can also use EBT cards while purchasing seeds and plants like tomato seeds
What You Cannot Purchase Using EBT/SNAP
You cannot use EBT/SNAP benefits to purchase the following items:
- Non-food product
- All alcoholic beverages products
- Any tobacco product
- Bodybuilding supplements such as medicines and vitamins
- Any hot or ready-to-eat foodstuff in the store.
- Any pre-prepared food or any meal that can be served in the stores unless under the SNAP/RMP program
Does Instacart Accept EBT SNAP?
Yes, Instacart accepts EBT SNAP benefits. People with low income who receive their SNAP benefits through EBT can link their cards to Instacart. They can use them in selected stores across the US.
Who Can Use EBT SNAP On Instacart?
The government of the United States began an Instacart as a pilot project through the Department of Agriculture. They linked the EBT SNAP to Instacart and used it to pay for online orders.
Today, customers in all states except Louisiana, Alaska, and Montana can use EBT on Instacart in any participating stores.
How To Check Eligible EBT SNAP On Instacart
You can check if the items are EBT SNAP-eligible on Instacart through various ways as follows:
- Allow the EBT SNAP items to display while shopping in-app by following the steps below:
- Click on the Instacart Account and log in
- Go to Account settings
- Select the SNAP EBT info
- Click on the slider and turn on EBT eligibility by item.
- While searching for items to order in the Instacart app, you can filter them and select EBT eligible items only. You can do this through the following:
- Select EBT Eligibility
- Choose Only EBT-eligible items.
If you are browsing through the homepage, click on the specific item and check if the item is EBT SNAP eligible. All EBT SNAP-eligible items will have an EBT tag on them each time you click on them.
- You can also confirm the eligibility of an item directly from your cart. Before selecting an item, you can check under its name. If it qualifies for EBT SNAP, you will see EBT below the name.
With the advancement of technology, you can comfortably order food online and receive it at your doorstep.
Although the Grubhub platform does not accept EBT payment, there are several other ways to pay for your orders.
For those people with EBT cards, this guide should also help you understand which items you can purchase using your SNAP benefits.