Home Depot has become a trusted brand for purchasing lumber. Lumber is also the most popular item customers look for when they come to Home Depot.
While people are on the lookout for wood or lumber, they do not have to look further than the trusted brand Home Depot.
Does Home Depot Deliver Lumber?
Lumber is difficult to carry to its destination if you do not have your delivery service. It becomes very convenient if the customer is provided with delivery and purchase. Considering this, customers might wonder, ‘Does Home Depot deliver lumber?’. Yes, Home Depot delivers lumber.
Home Depot delivers lumber for customers who purchase in-store or online. A variety of lumber products are available in Home Depot, and they offer to deliver services for all kinds of lumber.
The types of lumber they have been:
- Planks, Boards (Walnut, Cedar, Pine).
- Grooves, Tongue.
- 1 X 6, 1 X 4 , 1 X 3 boards.
- Ship lap.
- PVC and MDF composite boards.
- Hardwood boards, Softwood boards, weatherboards, reclaimed boards.
- Sanded plywood, MDF plywood, hardwood plywood.
- Orient Sand Board.
- Pressure treated ground contact lumber.
- Framing lumber.
- Composite decking, Wood decking.
- Composite fencing, Wood fencing, Vinyl fencing, Posts fencing, Split rail fencing.
- Wood Lattice, Vinyl Lattice.
- Engineered wood.
How Does The Delivery System Work?
For online purchases, you should follow the below steps:
- First, build a Shopping Cart.
- Then, select items for the Scheduled Delivery.
- Check for the delivery ZIP code.
- While checking out, choose a delivery date and time window from the scheduling calendar.
- Place your order.
- Your items will arrive within the selected delivery window.
Customers can also go to the Pro desk for in-store purchases to discuss the product and decide on a delivery service. Thus, a customer can arrange everything in the store, including scheduling delivery for a particular time and date.
What Are The Delivery Services Offered?
They have two types of delivery, considering where the goods will be delivered. They are:
- Standard delivery: This refers to the delivery to a place or area outside the home which is accessible to the delivery equipment.
- Threshold delivery: This refers to the delivery of the first doorway/threshold, which can be the garage, backyard, deck, or first room of the house.
What Are The Delivery Types Offered?
Considering the time of the delivery, delivery can be of two types.
- Home Depot normally offers two days of delivery for lumber.
- But if the customer wants, they can also arrange same-day delivery. In this case, customers must place an order before 10 am to be qualified for the same-day delivery for their products.
- Drivers give a call to the customer before 30 minutes of delivery.
- Home Depot advises its customers to receive their products in person. But the customer can request to have the delivery unattended. In this case, the delivery person will leave the product curbside in a dry area.
Does Home Depot Deliver Lumber For Free?
For in-store purchases, delivery varies based on the weight and size of the delivery.
The standard charge for Home Depot for delivery services is that if a customer buys above $49 from the store, they offer curbside home delivery or job site delivery. There is a $59 delivery charge for the delivery.
How Much Do You Have To Spend At Home Depot To Get Free Delivery?
Home Depot delivers for free if anyone has any purchases over $45. But there is a $59 delivery charge for lumber, as it needs special equipment like forklifts and trucks.
Before completing their purchases, customers are requested to make sure of their final delivery cost.
Can you order a same-day delivery in Home Depot for lumber?
Yes, you can order same-day delivery, but in that case, you have to place the order before 10 am on the same day.
Does Home Depot also cut lumber for you?
Yes, Home Depot offers free in-store lumber cutting service. To be eligible for this service, you have to purchase in-store.
As cuts and sizes vary and there is a limit to free cutting service, it is advisable to consult with the pro desk before completing the service.
While buying lumber, Home Depot is one of the most reliable places a customer can go to.
Customers can purchase online or in-store and have them cut and delivered at their preferred time.
So one should not think further while choosing where to go for lumber purchase and delivery other than Home Depot.