Ever since Apple Pay came out, I have been leaving my wallet at home more and more often. However, although extremely popular, Apple Pay isn’t accepted everywhere.
Before you head to the store without your credit cards, it’s best to check if the retailer accepts Apple Pay. So, is Home Depot one of those stores? Does Home Depot take Apple Pay?
Does Home Depot Accept Apple Pay?
Home Depot does not accept Apple Pay in-store or online. Home Depot used to accept Apple Pay but stopped once it partnered with PayPal in 2012. Hoem Depot does accept numerous other payment methods, such as cash, credit/debit cards, and checks
Apple Pay may be one of the most highly used technologies around, but some retailers are missing out on the opportunity to welcome Apple Pay customers.
Home Depot struggles to determine how to implement this new technology into its current business model as they have already partnered with PayPal.
Home Depot has always been a favorite resource for DIYers and homeowners but does not currently accept Apple Pay.
Customers will need to use debit or credit cards to make purchases. Find out why this large retailer is currently not accepting Apple Pay and whether to not they plan on accepting it in the future…
Why Doesn’t Home Depot Accept Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment service that allows users to make purchases by touching their phones to readers at participating stores. However, not all businesses are compatible with the service. Apple announced that Home Depot is one of the major retailers that will not accept Apple Pay.
According to a spokesperson for Home Depot, the company is not currently compatible with Apple Pay because they have already partnered with PayPal, a major competitor. This means that customers would have to use their credit cards instead.
While this may seem like a significant inconvenience for those who use Apple Pay, it’s important to remember that Home Depot is just one of many retailers that are not currently compatible.
The company may eventually get on board with the service, but for now, it’s best to stick to traditional payment methods such as cash and credit cards.
Will Home Depot Ever Accept Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a new payment system that allows users to make payments using their iPhone or Apple Watch. So far, most major retailers have either announced plans to accept Apple Pay or have already started accepting the system. However, one big retailer that has yet to announce plans to accept Apple Pay is Home Depot.
Although it’s unclear whether or not Home Depot will ever accept Apple Pay, it isn’t off the table in the future.
So far, Home Depot hasn’t made any announcements about whether or not they will be accepting Apple Pay. However, some speculate that Home Depot hasn’t announced plans to accept Apple Pay because the company has already agreed with PayPal.
What Payment Methods Does Home Depot Accept?
Home Depot stores accept various payment methods, even if you don’t have PayPal. Home Depot accepts cash, checks, and credit/debit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can also use a Home Depot gift card, which is available in-store or online.
Using Home Depot’s credit card to make purchases is also possible. Customers can take advantage of many benefits with this card, including discounts and unique financing options.
Consumer Credit Cards from Home Depot offers the following benefits:
- This card has no annual fee, so it’s free for life.
- On purchases of $299 or more, there is no interest for six months
- Depending on the amount spent, this card offers discounts of $25, $50, or $100
- The Home Depot will offer a one-year return window instead of the typical 90-day return period for consumers
- For major renovations, you can get up to $55,000 in credit.
In addition to the Home Depot Project Loan Card, there is also the Home Depot Commercial Account Card available from Home Depot. These two cards are perfect if you need more funding for a large project or exclusive benefits from Home Depot.
Has Home Depot Ever Accepted Apple Pay?
Since its inception in 2014, Apple Pay has become the go-to payment method for many consumers. However, some businesses have slowly adopted the technology, with some refusing to accept Apple Pay.
One such business is Home Depot; they have never accepted Apple Pay, neither now nor before.
Apple Pay Alternatives
Apple Pay is a popular mobile payment option that users can use on their iOS and Android devices. However, there are several other mobile payment options available that may be more suitable for specific situations.
Here are five alternatives to Apple Pay:
- Google Pay is a mobile payment option built into Google Android devices and the Chrome browser. It works with most major credit and debit cards and some wireless carriers.
- Samsung Pay is a mobile payment option built into many Samsung devices. It works with most major credit and debit cards and some wireless carriers.
- PayPal Here is an online payment service that allows users to pay with their PayPal account. It supports a variety of credit and debit cards, as well as Venmo, Square Cash, and Stripe.
- Warby Parker offers its customers the ability to pay for glasses and sunglasses using its app or through participating retailers. Customers can load funds onto their Warby Parker account using many methods, including PayPal and Venmo.
- Apple Wallet is an app that allows users to store their credit and debit cards and money in case they need it.
How Can You Pay for the Home Depot Mobile App?
You’ll need to use Pay if you want to purchase something from Home Depot’s mobile app PayPal. Thankfully, the process is relatively straightforward. Here’s how to pay using PayPal:
- Open the Home Depot mobile app and sign in.
- Tap the “Shop” tab at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Purchases.”
- Under “Payment Methods,” tap “PayPal.”
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap “Next.”
- Select your payment method and enter your payment information. You can use Touch ID or Pay cash on supported devices. If you’re using a card, enter the card number, expiration date, and security code. You’ll also need to enter your fingerprint.
- Click “Submit.” to process your purchase, and you’ll receive a confirmation message.
Are Digital Wallets Accepted at Home Depot?
If you’re looking to purchase items at Home Depot using Apple Pay, you may be out of luck.
The home improvement store does not currently accept digital wallet services except PayPal.
What Stores Accept Apple Pay Payments?
Apple Pay is quickly becoming the go-to payment method for consumers and businesses. Many stores now accept Apple Pay, making it easy and fast to make purchases.
Here are all the stores that currently accept Apple Pay:
- Apple Store
- Apple’s online store
- Barnes & Noble
- Best Buy
- Family Dollar
- Ace Hardware
- Walmart (Canada)
- Whole Foodsmily Dollar
- Best Buy
- Rite Aid
- Walmart (US)
How Does Apple Pay Differ From Home Depot’s App?
One advantage of Apple Pay is that it is faster than the My Home Depot app. The app can take up to two minutes to process a purchase, while Apple Pay takes about one second.
Another advantage of Apple Pay is that it works with more retailers than the My Home Depot app. The app can work with Walmart, Target, and many other stores, but the Apple Pay feature is unavailable in all these stores.
One disadvantage of Apple Pay is that it is not accepted at many places where the My Home Depot app is accepted. For example, you can use the app at many Starbucks locations, but Apple Pay is not accepted there.
Is Apple Pay Accepted at Home Depot Stores Near Me?
No, Apple Pay is not accepted at Home Depot stores near you. You can only use your PayPal to make payments at the register. Just open the app and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can also use other accepted forms of payment such as check, cash, or credit/debit cards.
With the increasing popularity of Apple Pay, it’s essential to know beforehand if a store accepts it or not. Why not take advantage of the convenience and security of Apple Pay? Plus, customers love the convenience and ease of use.
Unfortunately, Home Depot does not accept Apple Pay, as the company is committed to supporting the mobile payment platform PayPal.
However, we would love to see Home Depot adopt Apple Pay in the future, and It’s worth checking to see if Home Depot is willing to make shopping and checkout processes much easier for customers.