Kroger is a famous American retailer company with almost 2,800 supply shops in 35 states. On the other hand, Apple Pay is amongst the best contactless payment option, with approximately 80 million users in the United States.
Kroger is famous for offering great discounts on groceries, apparel, furniture, and gadgets. As a result, many customers at Kroger may want to know if they can make payments using Apple Pay.
This raises the question, does Kroger accept Apple Pay? Continue reading to find out the answer to this question and other payment methods you can use at Kroger outlets.
Does Kroger Accept Apple Pay?
Unfortunately, Kroger does not accept Apple Pay as a payment method. Kroger did test Apple Pay and Google Pay to assess compatibility using Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. They hoped to include Apple Pay, Google Pay, and many other payment systems. But until the present, they do not yet take Apple Pay.
This may be because of introducing their payment method Near Field Communications (NFC) related program named Kroger Pay.
To learn more about Kroger Pay and how to use it, keep reading…
What is Kroger Pay?
Kroger Pay is a contactless method of payment which conveniently integrates a client’s payment and Kroger card information to provide a quicker paying experience.
You can earn loyalty points and rewards when you link the Kroger app to your Kroger reward card.
Kroger Pay is available for Android and iOS platforms from the Apple and Google Play stores.
How to Install Kroger Pay?
The following are simple steps you can use to set up Kroger pay:
1. First, create an account on the Kroger website.
2. Install the Kroger Pay app on your iOS or Android device.
3. To authenticate yourself, enter a PIN, or you can either use face recognition or your fingerprint.
4. Make a Shopping List of the Kroger location you usually shop and navigate to the app’s main page to find your store.
5. Once your account you’re done, you can add payment methods. You can attach credit or debit cards, bank accounts, and loyalty rewards cards at this point. The app will deduct money from your chosen payment method when you check out.
When you’re ready to go shopping, you can go to the Kroger store that you pre-selected on the app, or you may switch stores at any moment, depending on your preference.
How To Use Kroger Pay?
When paying for your purchases using Kroger Pay, you can follow the steps listed below:
1. Take your phone and purchase in a self-service lane or a cashier.
2. Before you scan your items, you can scan the generated QR code on the app first. You may accomplish this by either holding the screen over the item scanner or giving it to the cashier to scan.
3. Scan your purchases after you have successfully scanned the QR code, but if you use the cashier lane, they can help you scan your purchases.
4. Input any coupons, examine your order and pay for your purchases by selecting Mobile from the app’s menu.
How Safe Is Kroger Pay?
You may be curious to know how safe Kroger Pay transactions are because you’re using an app to make your payments and not a plastic card or cash. The best part is that they are pretty safe.
The company safeguards the details you load into your wallet app on their website. Kroger does not save your account details on your phone, so nobody can leak your information when you scan your phone.
Kroger also uses a token to represent your account and its details. The scanner subsequently recognizes the token to make the payment appropriately.
What Methods Of Payment Does Kroger Accept?
Besides using Kroger Pay, they take cash, personal checks, debit and credit cards, and American Express (Visa or MasterCard).
The company offers the Scan, Bag, and Go program. Customers may use their phones to scan their items using this application.
This saves a significant amount of time and effort for both customers and corporate employees.
Although Kroger does not accept Apple Pay, iPhone users may still use Kroger Pay, which works with iOS and Android devices.
With payment at Kroger, the corporation makes sure that transactions are secure.
Using Kroger pay, customers can get great deals and privileges that the company provides through its Kroger Pay platform.