Cashing personal checks is a convenient way of getting cash for people that don’t have bank accounts. It will also come in handy if you can’t access an ATM or you need to cash a check beyond the bank’s working hours.
Like most grocery stores in the United States, Kroger stores allow its customers to cash a wide range of checks. However, before heading there to cash your check, there are crucial things you need to learn about Kroger’s cashing policy.
For instance, can the store also cash your personal check? This comprehensive article will give you all the answers you are looking for.
Does Kroger Cash Personal Checks?
No, Kroger doesn’t cash personal checks. However, it facilitates cashing of the following varieties of checks:
- Paychecks from employers: These are payments made by employers to employees for services rendered mostly as salaries or wages.
- Government checks: These include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Social security benefits, among others.
- Refund checks from IRS: There are income tax refund checks.
- Settlement checks from Insurance: These are insurance settlement checks in response to claim from an insurance company
- Business checks: These are checks issued by businesses. They may include refunds, payments for services rendered to the business, research study payments, and blood and plasma payments.
- Cashier’s checks: These are checks issued by a bank for a specified amount of what you have in your account or the amount of cash you have in hand
- Traveler’s checks: These are checks issued to travellers or tourists going on vacation. A bank issues the traveller’s check for the amount specified based on the amount in your account or the cash you have at hand.
- Money orders: You can buy these types of checks at a bank, at the post office, or other financial institutions.
It is important to note that Kroger does not cash third-party checks or starter checks.
How To Cash A Check At Kroger
You can cash any of the checks listed above at any convenient Kroger store near you. Follow the steps below to cash your check:
- Identify a Kroger shop near you
- Have an approved form of ID. This could be a driver’s license, a passport issued by the United States of America, or a Tribal national ID, among other relevant forms of IDs.
- Ensure you have a taxpayer ID number or provide a social security number
- Carry the check you need to cash
- Endorse the back of the check
- Head to the customer service counter and cash the check
Does Kroger Accept Personal Check for Payments?
Yes, Kroger accepts personal checks for in-house purchases. However, the store does not accept personal checks as payment for grocery pick up or delivery orders.
Kroger will require you to provide a state-issued ID from the state you are shopping. It also accepts a driver’s license or a non-driver photo ID.
Kroger Check Cashing Hours
One of the major benefits of caching your check at Kroger is the flexibility in their hours of operations. Kroger’s check cashing services operate seven days a week and are open every day from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm.
This way, you need not worry about being locked out late afternoon or early evening if you are committed elsewhere.
What Are The Charges For Check Cashing At Kroger?
Kroger has reasonable charges for check cashing. It charges $3.50 for checks worth $2000 and below and $6 for checks valued between $2.000.01 and $5,000.
However, if you have a Kroger shopper’s card when cashing the check, the fees charged are lower by $0.50. You may also incur local or state taxes above the cash.
Maximum Limit for Cashing Check at Kroger
Kroger stores only cash checks with a minimum value of $5,000. However, the limit may vary depending on your state. Therefore, you should confirm the limit in your state before you walk to a Kroger store to cash your check.
Want to learn more about Kroger? Check out these related posts to learn if Kroger delivers, does Kroger give cash-back and whether or not Kroger owns Publix.
You cannot cash a personal check at any Kroger store. However, Kroger accepts other types of checks that you can easily cash at a convenient store near you.
The limit and fees charged to cash a check may vary from one state to another.
You may use a Kroger’s store locator to contact your local Kroger money services to inquire about fees charged at the store you intend to visit.
Leave a Reply