Do you love trending styles, shoes, or other accessories to have that ideal look? If the answer is yes, then Nordstorm is the place to be in. When it comes to on-trend clothing, footwear, cosmetics, and more, Nordstrom can’t be beaten. Also, you may not have to shell out full price for your preferred clothing and accessories.
Let’s be clear about it that there’s no need to pay more than you have to for products like clothing, shoes, sunglasses, and so on. Many people struggle to keep their finances in order because they don’t practice “smart buying.” Nordstrom’s policy of matching competitors’ prices is one method to save money while still getting the fashionable clothes you want.
Taking advantage of Nordstrom’s price-matching policy is a simple strategy for saving money. And if you’ve ever wondered how to make the most of Nordstrom’s price-matching policy, this article will show you how.
Does Nordstrom Price Match?
Yes, Nordstrom does price match. Not only does Nordstrom price match, but it also lets you get an online price match when you shop online on their site. You need to bring proof of purchase to Nordstrom’s customer services who will price match the item if it meets the price match eligibility criteria.
Price Match Criteria
Before we dive into the price matching process, it’s important that you grasp the fundamental criterion involved. There are a few things to bear in mind while using Nordstrom’s price match policy.
Nordstrom will only price-match with a small number of retailers. You can find a comprehensive list of everything below.
Only similar items are eligible for a price match. If two items are described as “identical,” it means they are the same model, color, and size.
The item has to be in stock at both Nordstrom and the competing store.
How Price Matching At Nordstrom Works
If you want to enjoy the price matching feature of Nordstrom, there is a small process involved.
- You need to verify that your items qualify for price match. You can refer to the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
- Find out a store associate or go to customer services and let them know that you want to price match a competitor.
- You then need to show them proof of the difference in price. An advertisement or website will work.
- The associate will then verify the price match request.
- If your request is approved, you will be reduced to match the price offered by the competitor.
Nordstrom Price Adjustment Process
Well, this may sound strange, but let’s make it simple. The price matching works while you are at the store and can locate an item and price match it, thus leading to a reduced price for the item. But what do you do if you have already purchased an item and find that Nordstrom marked the price down or some other store was offering it at a lower price?
That is where Nordstrom’s price adjustment comes in. You can call it a lesser-known sibling of price match (that was for fun only).
You need to make a price adjustment request within 14 days of your purchase. Remember that the item has to meet the same eligibility criteria as that of the price match.
There are three different options you can use to request price adjustment.
- Go to Nordstrom’s online page.
- Enter your order number in the box shown on the page.
- Enter your Zip Code in the box shown below.
You can call Nordstrom at this number 1.888.282.6060.
You can also email them your request at this email id: [email protected]
Nordstrom Price Match Exclusions You Should Know About
You need to remember that not all items are eligible for price match or price adjustment. There are some exclusions that you should know about, and here they are:
Requests for price matching made by third parties or automated systems are not accepted.
Designer items that are purchased at a sale price do not qualify for price match or price adjustment.
You can avail of price adjustment on one per item.
Items sold as part of special sales such as Limited-time sales, extra savings, and daily deals, do not qualify.
The third-party sellers on marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart do not qualify.
What Stores Does Nordstrom Price Match?
Nordstrom matches and price adjusts with several of its competitors. The list is separated into two categories: retailers and vendors.
Let’s have a look at the retailers first:
- Amazon (Sold and fulfilled)
- East Dane
- Mr. Porter
- Foot Locker
- Finish Line
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Neiman Marcus
Let’s examine the vendors now.
On the vendor’s end, Nordstrom will match or adjust the prices of any vendor whose goods are sold in their stores. Included in this are, but are not limited to, the following:
- Kate Spade
- Free People
Can You Negotiate At Nordstrom?
Yes, you can. Despite what you may believe, managers at Nordstrom are open to negotiation. Here is what you need to do to get the desired discount:
- The key is price matching. Bring up the price on your smartphone if you discover a blouse or pair of shoes for less at another store. They need to hit certain numbers, and they want your business. They would rather make a smaller profit than not make a sale because the price won’t be much lower anyhow.
- Sales occur frequently. Inquire as to whether the item you’re looking for is currently on sale or will be in the near future. You can frequently get last week’s sale pricing from the store manager.
If an item you previously purchased at full price is now on sale, you can return to the store and get a refund for the price difference. Usually, they’ll abide by this.
- Remember that scratches, dents, and other flaws are excellent bargaining points.
- Take advantage of a technique known as “sticker shock.” This means that you are tremendously interested in the item up until the moment the salesperson mentions the price. When customers express genuine shock, staff members offer to check into special offers. Particularly for high-priced items like jewelry and watches, those markdowns may really add up.
- Asking for the manager is always a good idea in department stores. They have the power to grant larger discounts, and if you are really polite, they frequently like demonstrating their authority by offering you a substantial discount.
The Bottom Line…
For many of us, having enough money to go on a shopping spree is a limiting factor. There are many nice-to-haves, but your budget is limited. Making the most of the purchases we really must make in such a situation pays off (literally). The price match guarantee offered by Nordstrom is applicable in this situation.
Due to Nordstrom’s policy, shoppers can take advantage of lower prices at rival stores. You can get a discount not just at checkout but also up to 14 days after the purchase date.
That’s all, then! We sincerely hope you liked reading our article and that it will enable you, your family and your friends to make savings at Nordstrom. If you enjoyed reading it or discovered something new, please share it on social media.
Have we made a mistake or overlooked something crucial? Our team will swiftly take care of you and any questions you may have if you let us know in the comment area below.