Ross, otherwise branded as Ross Dress for Less, is a retail department corporation that has widened its reach to many department store outlets across the US.
There are many different kinds of payment methods that Ross patrons can use to pay for their items, may it be online through Ross.com or via cash in-store.
However, with the rising use of e-payments for seamless and contactless transactions, it can be confusing as to which payments are accepted and not accepted across various platforms.
Does Ross Take Apple Pay? Read on to find out…
Does Ross Take Apple Pay?
Ross takes Apple Pay (as of 2021) at all their in-store locations as well as their online website. Ross also accepts various other payment methods like debit cards, credit cards, cash, and checks.
They recently expanded to include Samsung Pay and Apple Pay, which makes sense considering they’re the most prominent smartphone market leaders globally.
How Do I Use Apple Pay On Ross?
You can use Apple Pay on Ross via different in-store and online methods. The steps below highlight the differences in the way you can use Apple Pay on Ross.
How to use Apple Pay in-store via iPhone or iPad:
- Inform the Ross employee at the counter that you wish to use Apple Pay as a form of payment.
- Open your Wallet application on your Apple Device (only iPhones and iPads).
- If you wish to switch cards, tap on your default card to select a different card. If not, skip to the next step.
- Authenticate your card.
- If your device has Face ID: Double-click the power button to activate your Face ID scanner. If that is unavailable, key in your passcode.
- If your device has Touch ID: Place your finger on the home button to scan your Touch ID. If that feature is unavailable, key in your passcode.
- Place your Apple Device on top of or near the contactless reader.
- Wait for a checkmark and a message saying “Done” before removing your device.
How to use Apple Pay in-store on Apple Watch:
- Double click the side button.
- Scroll to choose your card of choice.
- Hold your Apple Watch near the contactless reader until you feel a slight tap and a small beep.
How to use Apple Pay online:
- Tap on the button that says “Pay with Apple Pay” or choose Apple Pay as your payment method upon checking out your items.
- If you wish to switch cards, click on the “Next” button until you have reached your card of choice or the “Expand” button to see all of the cards at a glance.
- If necessary, fill in your details. Usually, Apple Pay will store that information if you have entered it prior. This includes:
- Billing information
- Shipping Information
- Contact Information
- Confirm and Authenticate the payment.
- Devices with Face ID: Double click the power button to activate your FaceId scanner. If that is unavailable, use your passcode.
- Devices with Touch ID: Place your finger on the home button to scan your Touch ID. If that feature is unavailable, key in your passcode.
- Apple Watch: Double click the side button
- CMac with Touch ID: Follow the prompts on the touch bar before scanning your Touch ID. Or else, follow the prompts for Apple Pay on screen.
- Mac without Touch ID: Follow the on-screen Apple Pay prompts. Or else, use your Bluetooth-connected Apple devices to approve the transaction. Ensure that it is the same Apple ID across all devices first before proceeding.
Where Can I Use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is supported at over 85% of retailers in America. In other words, there’s a high chance that whichever retailer you visit accepts Apple Pay. If you’re unsure, you can also ask the cashiers on duty if they accept Apple Pay.
However, if you prefer to keep social interactions to a minimum, there is a reliable way of determining whether a retailer accepts Apple Pay – via Apple Maps.
Here is a step-by-step guide on determining the locations that accept Apple Pay.
Steps to Check for Apple Pay through Maps on iPhone or iPad:
- Open Apple Maps on your device
- Search for the locations you wish to go to
- Click on the location and scroll to the “Useful to Know” section.
- Look for the Apple Pay icon on the side of the “Useful to Know” section or the checkmark that says “Accepts Apple Pay”
Steps to Check for Apple Pay through Maps on Mac:
- Open Apple Maps on your Mac
- Search for the locations you wish to go to
- Click on the location
- Click on the “i” (Information) icon next to the location
- Scroll to the “Useful to Know” section
- Look for the Apple Pay icon on the side of the section or checkmark that indicates that Apple Pay is accepted.
Apple Pay is an easy way to process your purchases quickly and easily. Ross’s choice to implement Apple Pay into their payment choices is prudent as it allows for further expansion of payment choices. This also increases the appeal for Apple users to shop at Ross rather than their competitors.
However, Ross still does not accept Google Pay. It would be a wise choice in the future to implement this payment method as well, as there are equally as many Android and Google users in America.
Leave a Reply