It can be hard to cash a check without a bank account. Luckily, some stores offer the option to cash checks.
But does Sam’s Club offer this service to their customers? We looked into it and this is what we found…
Does Sam’s Club Cash Checks?
Sam’s Club will not cash your checks in any of their centers or outlets, but they will certainly accept them as payment. They also issue checks (for members) through a convenient and quick online service called Sam’s Club Checks.
This article takes a look at your personal checks and Sam’s Club: how you can use them, where you can’t use them and how you can order them online through Sam’s Club.
Does Sam’s Club Take Personal Checks?
Sam’s Club offer a range of ways for you to pay for your purchases both online and in-store. You can pay using personal checks in store but not online:
If you’re shopping instore you can use:
- Sam’s Club credit card
- Walmart and Sam’s Club gift cards
- Debit card
- American Express
- Visa card
- Snap (EBT) payments
- Walmart credit
- Prepaid credit cards
If you’re shopping online, you can also use:
- Sam’s Club Credit Direct Account
But if you’re online, you can’t use:
- Snap (EBT) payments
What Are Sam’s Club Checks?
Sam’s Club issue personalized checks for members only. You can order these through Sam’s Club Checks. They are convenient to order, meet all bank requirements, and are priced significantly lower than current market equivalents.
You can get personal checks, business checks, and business kits, and a variety of associated stationary. Your personal checks come in a range of designs and with specific security features.
Sam’s Club maintain the security of their checks through the following features:
- Padlock Icon
- Microprint Signature Line
- Check Safe Backer
- Chemically sensitive paper
You can choose your design (prices vary per design) and then reorder quickly later on with the reorder bar. To get started, simply:
- Make sure you have a Sam’s Club membership
- Head to Sam’s Club Checks and choose your category and design
- Choose a quantity and add to cart
- Add your shipping address at checkout (must match billing address)
- Personalize the checks with your account information, personal information, and bank name and address (must match your financial institution records)
- Preview and approve your transaction
- Pay for your checks
- You should receive them within 10-12 business days
Sam’s Club are fine with checks as payment in their stores and centres (although not online).
However, while they will accept a personal check, they will not cash one. They also offer a secure and guaranteed check issuing service for Sam’s Club members.