Sam’s Club is in most cities across the U.S. and their auto department offers a lot of services for great prices.
Which naturally got us wondering, does Sam’s Club do oil changes? We looked into it and…
Does Sam’s Club Do Oil Changes?
Sam’s Club, an American warehouse retail chain, have a range of different retail departments. One of these departments is Sam’s Club Auto & Tires, and although Auto & Tires does offer a range of automobile services, they do not offer oil changes.
This article takes a look at the Sam’s Club automobile department: the services they offer and don’t offer, and where you can go to get an oil change instead of Sam’s Club.
Why Doesn’t Sam’s Club Offer Oil Changes?
Sam’s Club is a retail chain which is owned by Walmart, and Walmart already offer designated auto care centre services. These services include oil changes, tires and tire care, and general auto maintenance and are carried out in larger, more comprehensive workshops
In contrast, Sam’s Club Tires & Auto department offer a range of more basic (but equally important) everyday safety and maintenance services.
Therefore, you won’t find an oil change service at Sam’s Club, and you also won’t be able to get the following:
- No transmission flush and fill
- No brake services
- No radiator flushing services
- No tire alignment or realignment
- No shocks or suspension work
- No body/chassis work or repair
- No tire order transfers – this means that tires cannot be purchased at one club and delivered or installed at another club location.
What Services Can You Get At Sam’s Club Auto & Tires?
Sam’s Club offers a range of useful services, and you’ll find these set out on the Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Center Services webpage.
The Auto & Tires Department offer:
- Expert recommendations
- State of the art workshop equipment
- Prompt service and attention
- Certain no charge services (providing you are a Sam’s Club member)
Specific services include:
- Tire installation services – Premium, Dually/RV, NHS/Non-DOT, Trailer and Specialty, One-time balance and rotation,
- Tire pressure monitor system services – reset, sensor installation, Single wheel reset, Tire studding, Seasonal changeovers, Lug nut service, Tire recycling,
- Specific no charge services (dependant on club membership) – Road hazard protection, Wiper blade installation, TIP balance and rotation, Lifetime tire repair, Air pressure and tread depth check, 50-mile retorque, Battery installation, Battery checks
Where Can I Go To Get An Oil Change?
There are a number of convenient places you can visit for an oil change, and this list includes Walmart. You can easily Google the nearest Walmart Auto Care Centre to you.
Other nationwide auto services currently offering oil change services include:
- Jiffy Lube International
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
- Take 5 Oil Change
- Grease Monkey
- SpeeDee Oil Change and Auto Service Center
These automotive retail chains offer similar services and with much the same costs. However, they do offer different deals and discounts, and most have optional memberships with associated further savings.
How Much Should An Oil Change Cost?
The Walmart Auto Care Center webpage includes detailed costs for all of their auto care services. These costs are a useful comparison resource to use when searching for any oil change provider, especially as these webpage costs will always be current.
For example, under the oil change tab, you’ll see the current charges for a range of oils and then the service details at the bottom.
- Standard oil – $32.88
- High mileage oil – $42.88
- Semi-synthetic oil – $42.88
- Synthetic oil – $52.88
- Pit Crew – $22.88
A Pit Crew oil change is the most basic oil change package offered. It includes up to five quarts of conventional oil, a new oil filter, chassis lubrication (if applicable). The crew will also check your tire pressure and the performance level of your battery.
Note that Walmart does not inspect tires for safety. They only check and adjust tire pressure. It is also important to check all other conditions that may apply to your vehicle and automotive needs. These conditions are set out clearly on the bottom of the page.
The Walmart Auto Care Center page also includes a handy Centre locator bar.
Want to learn more about Sam’s Club? Check out our related articles to learn:
- Does Sam’s Club Take Your Picture For Membership Card?
- Does Sam’s Club Deliver?
- Can A Family Member Use My Sam’s Club Card?
Sam’s Club Automotive services do not do oil changes.
It’s a question often asked because their parent company, Walmart, does offer a range of comprehensive automotive services, including oil changes.
Sam’s Club offer instead a convenient range of tire and battery care services, which you can access at any Sam’s Club Auto & Tire centres.