Owned by Block, Inc., Afterpay is one of the largest buy-now-pay-later companies alongside Klarna, Affirm, Zip, and Sezzle. As the pandemic began, people were hesitant to shop in person and were afflicted financially. It’s no wonder that BNPL companies’ zero-interest, 6-week installment plans were so attractive.
The usage of Afterpay spread in the UK and US, with hundreds of thousands of retailers accepting it. But is StockX on that list, and if not, what are the alternatives?
Does StockX Have Afterpay?
No, StockX does not have Afterpay but they do accept other buy-now-pay-later options such as Klarna, Zip, and Affirm. Like Afterpay, they allow you to make interest-free installments over a period of time depending on the chosen plan.
What is Buy-Now-Pay-Later (BNPL) Financing?
Buy-now-pay-later (BNPL) is a financing option where users can purchase an item and then pay the remaining amount through weekly or monthly installments. While it functions virtually the same as credit cards, consumers prefer BNPL because of its lower interest rates, easier usability, and lack of credit checks.
The largest players in the short-term financing market are Afterpay, Klarna, Zip, and Affirm. They skyrocketed into multi-billion dollar companies during the coronavirus pandemic.
Employment loss, reduced disposable income, and reliance on online shopping during lockdowns meant that customers had to look for alternate ways to buy necessities without breaking the bank. Naturally, BNPL’s zero-interest financing and flexible payment schedule became the preferred option over credit cards and their hefty interest rates.
Does StockX Have Buy-Now-Pay-Later Options?
Yes! StockX accepts Klarna, Zip, and Affirm. Unfortunately, the hyped sneaker marketplace does not support Afterpay.
How to Use Klarna in StockX
Klarna will not charge you any interest for using its platform to purchase StockX products. You will make your first payment at the point of purchase before paying the remaining installments every fortnight or month, depending on your chosen plan.
Here’s how to use Klarna in StockX:
1. Download Klarna on your phone.
2. Register your free account.
3. Open the Klarna Browser page.
4. Search for StockX and add your desired items to your cart.
5. Select the pink “K Pay” button at the bottom.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your purchase.
How to Use Zip in StockX
With Zip, you pay 25% of the cost due up front, and the remaining in 3 installments over 6 weeks. Here’s how to use Zip in StockX:
1. Download Zip on your phone and create a free account.
2. Head to the “Online” tab and search for StockX.
3. Add items to the cart as usual.
4. At the checkout page, select “Pay with Zip”.
5. Ensure the amount stated matches your purchase.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and confirm your card details to complete your order.
You May Also Be Interested In: Is StockX Legit?
How to Use Affirm in StockX
As with Klarna and Zip, Affirm allows users to purchase StockX products and make 4 interest-free payments every 2 weeks.
Here’s how to use Affirm in StockX:
1. Shop on StockX as usual.
2. At checkout, select Affirm at the “Or continue with:” section below.
3. You’ll be prompted to create an Affirm account if you’re a new user.
4. Select your preferred payment plan. You can choose interest-free bi-weekly payments or monthly payments at varying interest rates.
5. Ensure your details are correct before selecting “Confirm”.
Accepted Payment Methods at StockX
Should you prefer to opt out of BNPL, you may still shop on StockX using one of their many accepted payment methods:
– All major credit cards
– Debit cards
– Gift cards
– Apple Pay
– Google Pay
Why Doesn’t StockX Accept Afterpay?
StockX does not disclose why it doesn’t accept Afterpay, which seems like a wise decision considering that it is accepted by their largest competitor, GOAT.
It’s worth noting that Afterpay charges merchants a fee of 5% per transaction, not to mention the setup and maintenance costs that follow. Considering that StockX already accepts most major BNPL services, they’re probably busy dealing with more pressing matters to accept Afterpay.
StockX does not have Afterpay but accepts alternative BNPL services such as Klarna, Zip, and Affirm.
Given StockX’s open embrace of buy-now-pay-later payment methods, it’s most likely a matter of time before they adopt Afterpay too.