Target is an American retailer with over 1900 locations across the United States. With its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the retailer has over 380 million users worldwide. The retailer is famous for its affordable prices on items like groceries, electronics, furniture, and clothing. Some customers may want to pay for their purchases using PayPal while shopping in Target stores.
This begs the question; can you pay for your purchases using PayPal at Target? To get the correct answer to this question, keep reading this article.
Does Target Take PayPal?
Yes, customers can pay using PayPal in Target stores and online. However, this does not extend to purchases from Target Plus Partners. When using PayPal in store at Target you’ll need to use NFC (contactless) payments on your smartphone.
To learn more about Target payment methods, keep reading…
Other Forms Of Payment Accepted In Target Stores
Target is among the modern stores of the century. Therefore, it accepts most current forms of payment. While shopping in Target, whether online or in-stores, you should not worry about payment methods. You can use one of the following payment modes:
- Target Red Card such as Target Credit, MasterCard, and Debit).
- Third-Party Credit Cards like MasterCard, American Express, Target PCard, Discover, Novus, Visa, and Credit cards from other foreign banks.
- Target gift cards.
- Other third-party Debit Cards powered by MasterCard or Visa.
- Banking provider gift cards such MasterCard, American Express, and Visa.
- Personal checks.
Before visiting any Target stores branch, consider contacting them first and confirm their mode of payment. Stores in different locations may have a different mode of payment.
Does Target Accept In-Store PayPal Payment?
Yes, you can use PayPal to pay for purchases in target stores through checkouts on mobile app purchases and their website or Near Field Communications.
Most Target stores allow customers to pay through the NFC payment method. You can use these three ways if you have sufficient money in your PayPal account.
- Scan the QR Code
- Use PayPal card
- Use your smartphone NFC feature
Can I Use PayPal On The Target Website?
Yes, Target customers can pay for their purchases using PayPal via the Target website provided they have sufficient money in their PayPal account.
They have to add PayPal to their wallet on the Target website. Follow the steps below to link your PayPal to Target website:
- Add items to your shopping cart.
- Confirm the items and check out.
- Under the “option of payments,” select PayPal as your mode of payment.
- Confirm the payment by logging in to your PayPal account.
- Return to Target website or app to complete the transaction process.
Why Use PayPal In Target?
PayPal is a secure mode of payment. It allows you to access and manage your financial cash flows.Using PayPal to pay for purchases either online or in Target stores has the following benefits:
- Encryption of all information like personal and banking makes it more secure.
- Adding and paying for purchases using PayPal in Target is simple.
- PayPal is used in many places, and hence almost all Target branches accept it.
- Paying of items on Target can be done with one click.
PayPal incorporates a purchase and fraud protection system that boosts the system’s safety.
Online Stores That Take PayPal Payment
Besides Target Store, you can also use your PayPal in various stores. Some of these stores include the following:
- Best Buy
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- PlayStation Store
- Starbucks (online)
How To Get Cashback When You Purchase At Target Using PayPal
Customers can get cashback when they purchase at Target using PayPal in the following ways:
- Through Ebates.com, you can receive up to $300 cashback when you purchase eligible items like electronics, baby gear, and home goods at Target stores.
- Customers can also get cashback from Target when they pay with PayPal through Snappish savings, where they can earn up to a maximum of $40 cashback on the eligible product in the same transaction.
What Can You Purchase Using PayPal In Target Stores?
There is no restriction from either Target stores or PayPal regarding product purchasing.
As long as you have enough money in your PayPal account, you can pay for any product of your choice in Target stores.
You can purchase items either online or in stores and pay using PayPal.
Target customers with PayPal do not have to worry about the payment method when shopping.
Target.com accepts this form of payment, and customers can certainly checkout anytime provided they have sufficient funds in their accounts.
They can also link other valid cards like MasterCard, Visa, bank account, or debit card.
However, there are no restrictions while shopping using PayPal in Target stores. You cannot use PayPal to purchase items from Target Plus Partners.