There are SO many payment methods out there. From Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal…. I can keep going for hours.
But what about Cash App? It’s becoming more and more popular around the world, which got us wondering, does Uber take Cash App?
Does Uber Take Cash App?
Yes, you can now use the Cash App payment service to pay for your Uber services. However, you cannot pay Uber by sending money through your Cash App account directly. This is because Uber is not currently a registered Cash App user. Rather, you will be using your Cash App Card in your Uber payment methods to make payments to Uber.
This article takes a look at Cash App: what it is, how it works, and how you can use it to pay for Uber services.
What Is Cash App?
Cash App is a mobile payment service (developed by Block, Inc. who was formerly Square, Inc) and released in 2013. It allows users to transfer money to one another using a mobile-phone app.
The service is available only in United Kingdom and the United States, and includes the following facilities:
- Peer to peer money transfer
Cash App define their product as a customizable, fee-free debit card which you can use everywhere to earn instant discounts on everyday spending. The service is similar to Apple Pay, Venmo, Zelle, Google Pay, and Alipay.
Cash App uses advanced security features from verification locks to data encryption and is a completely separate company to Uber. It is the fee-free debit card which users can add to mobile payment wallets, and which can be used to pay for Uber services.
How Do I Pay Uber With Cash App?
Before you can start using your Cash App Card with Uber, you must download the app to any smart device and register it. Make sure to install the latest version of the app, as not all platforms will support this payment method.
After that, you can use your Cash App card to make payments for a range of goods and services.
When adding a Cash App card to your digital payment wallet for Uber, click the three lines at the top left-hand corner to access a drop-down menu. There, you should find an option for payment. Simply tap “Add payment method”. You will not see Cash App on the list of options, but you can add it as a credit or debit card. It will then be listed as a payment method, and you can set it as the default payment method.
You will then be able to use your Cash App card to pay for Uber and any of their other services, including UberEats.
Cash App make Boosts (or discounts) available to users through the Cash App on a range of goods and services, including Uber and UberEats. In the Cash App, click on the “Save with Boosts” option when making your Uber selection.
Read: Do Uber Drivers See Your Destination?
How Do I Get Cash App?
Cash App is free to download for any smart device via the Google Play Store, or Apple App Store. The process requests the usual personal and security information, and you’ll need to link your debit card to your bank account.
- Download the app for iPhone or Android
- Create a Cash App account
- Connect Cash App to your bank account
- Add cash to your Cash App
When you have funds in your Cash App, you will be able to send and receive money to friends (who also have Cash App accounts), pay for stuff, buy and sell stocks, and buy and sell Bitcoin.
To create an account:
- Tap on Cash App to launch it
- Enter your phone number and an email address
- Enter the secret Cash App code sent to you via text or email
- Invite friends to sign up with Cash App to earn cash (optional)
- Enter your debit card info to link your bank account to Cash App (this is the card you will use to pay for Uber services
- Pick a $Cashtag—the unique username you’ll use to send and receive money
- Enter your zip code
- Start using Cash App!
To add cash, you’ll need to tap the bank icon in the lower left corner and open the Banking tab. Tap the Add Cash button and enter the amount of cash you want to add to Cash App. Finally tap the green Add button.
Read: Can You Pay Cash For Uber?
What Forms Of Payment Does Uber Accept?
It’s important to remember that not all Uber payment options are available in all Uber markets, and that current payment options are continually updating. This especially applies to the use of cash, now the least used form of Uber payment.
- Cash – if cash is accepted, before requesting a ride, go to the Payment section in the app and select Cash. At the end of your trip pay cash directly to your driver.
- Uber Cash – another (and more preferred) digital payment option for using Uber services. You can load money into your Uber Cash wallet in the Uber app along with gift cards, credit cards, and debit cards. You can then use the Uber Cash balance to pay for food delivery or rides instead of directly from a credit card, PayPal, Venmo, or any other payment method offered by Uber.
- Credit or debit card (including Cash App cards)
- American Express
- Uber Gift Card
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- Prepaid cards – Xapo, Tango, Satoshi, EntroPay
Once any trip is completed, your securely-stored payment method is automatically charged, and your receipt is sent to your inbox immediately. The charge for your trip will include (and show) any tip that you choose to give your driver.
Cash App is yet another mobile payment service which provides secure transfer of monies, banking and investment access, and digital cards for its users.
The Cash App digital card can be utilized for any electronic payments, including those for Uber services, by adding the card to your digital wallet.
You need to keep funds in your account, and you won’t be able to use an expired card. If you don’t have Cash App, it’s not a problem.
Uber accept a range of other payment methods including Uber Cash, credit and debit cards, American Express, PayPal, gift cards, and Google and Apple Pay.
Leave a Reply