Apple Pay is a well-loved method to pay at the cashier. It is a handy platform that allows you to integrate your debit or credit card, make payments, and track those payments all in one app.
However, Apple Pay is also notorious for not being accepted by certain retailers due to several reasons.
Does Wendy’s take Apple Pay? If not, what other ways can you pay for your meal at Wendy’s? Read on to find out!
Does Wendy’s Take Apple Pay?
Wendy’s does not take Apple Pay. The Wendy’s fast-food chain has over 6,700 stores worldwide, but sadly none of them take Apple Pay.
Nobody really knows why Wendy’s chooses not to accept Apple Pay, considering that Apple doesn’t charge Apple Pay merchants. That said, there are other things to keep in mind when going out for your next meal at Wendy’s.
What Payment Methods Does Wendy’s Accept?
Although Wendy’s does not accept Apple Pay, you can still pay for your next meal using these payment methods.
- Debit cards
- American Express cards
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- Prepaid cards
Now that we know the different ways we can pay at Wendy’s, you might wonder if there is a way to know if a restaurant accepts Apple Pay.
How To Find Out If A Restaurant Takes Apple Pay?
It’s a no-brainer that if you want to use Apple Pay, you either have an iPhone or an Apple device. Fortunately, you can find out if a restaurant takes Apple Pay on these very devices and at the comfort of your homes!
How to find out if a restaurant takes Apple Pay with an iPhone:
- Open the Apple Maps app
- Search for the shop you want to go to
- Scroll down to the Useful to Know section
- Look for the Apple Pay logo or a Checkmark next to Apple Pay
If the shop accepts Apple Pay, it will show a checkmark that looks like this.
Where Can I Download Apple Maps?
As of today, Apple Maps is only available for Apple users. For Apple users, the Apple Maps app is already preloaded onto your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Car Play, and Apple Watch.
When Will Wendy’s Accept Apple Pay?
There have been occasions where the Apple Pay terminal is used in Wendy’s when the other payment method systems are down. This could be an indicator of Apple Pay coming to Wendy’s soon.
Clearly, Wendy’s stores already have the hardware and system to accept Apple Pay. However, Wendy’s has not specified an exact date, nor did they indicate that they will integrate Apple Pay anytime soon.
While there have been rumors that Wendy’s could support Apple Pay as soon as February 2022, we suggest you take these rumors with a grain of salt.
In the meantime, you could prepare for Wendy’s (hopeful) support of Apple Pay by setting up your Apple Pay account.
How To Add Card to Apple Wallet?
If you wanted to go to Wendy’s but just found out that they don’t accept Apple Pay, you can still use Apple Pay at restaurants that take Apple Pay.
Apple Pay and Apple Wallet work hand in hand to provide a seamless paying experience. To use Apple Pay, you will need to add a credit or debit card to the Apple Wallet app. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the Apple Wallet app and tap on the “+” button.
- Select your credit or debit card.
- Follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Confirm any additional information needed with your bank or card issuer. You may have to download an app provided by your bank or card issuer.
Optional: You can add your card to an Apple Watch that’s paired with your iPhone.
Do note that you can add up to 12 cards to one Apple Wallet account. To add more cards, simply follow the steps above.
That’s it! In 4 simple steps, you have now added your credit or debit card to your Apple Wallet and can now use Apple Pay at supported stores.
How To Use Apple Pay?
You can use Apple Pay either with an iPhone or an Apple Watch. Here’s a complete step-by-step guide on setting up and using Apple Pay on your preferred Apple device.
How to use Apple Pay with your iPhone:
- Open the Apple Pay app on your iPhone.
- You will be prompted to verify your identity either via:
- Face ID by pressing the power button twice, or
- Touch ID by resting your finger on the fingerprint sensor.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the payment terminal until a “Done” or a checkmark appears.
How to use Apple Pay with your Apple Watch:
- Press the side button on your Apple Watch twice.
- The default card will be selected automatically. Additionally, you can chooseother cards by scrolling down.
- Place your Apple Watch near the payment terminal until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep.
Does Wendy’s take Apple Pay? Sadly, they don’t, but we hope to see Wendy’s accepting Apple Pay soon. For now, we can pay for our meals at Wendy’s by cash, debit card, American Express cards, and Discover cards.
Let us know what other payment methods you would like to see Wendy’s add to their restaurants in the comments below!
Leave a Reply