The food delivery industry has become popular over the past years, many of these industries are now offering deliveries options, and customers are excited about this trend. But these delivery services have also come with lots of challenges.
For example, making fast deliveries when the food is still hot, traffic, and stormy weather, and delivering perishable food.
As a Grubhub customer, you may want your food delivered hot and fresh, but sometimes this is not the case. Continue reading to discover why this could be happening and what to do in such scenarios.
Grubhub Driver Not Moving
It is the right of a customer to get their orders within the stated time; it can be annoying to find out your driver is not moving. Your Grubhub driver may not be moving due to the following reasons:
- Delay in receiving an order: Sometimes, drivers experience a delay in receiving your order. This delay could result from the eatery being busier than usual, having a large order that takes time to prepare.
- Bad weather: For Grubhub, fast deliveries are always a priority. But with bad weather, road shut-downs drivers can end up causing delays.
- Traffic: A city without any traffic is rare nowadays. From accidents, road construction, roadblocks, or diversions, it can become impossible for drivers to drive fast and may experience delays.
- Vehicle problems: Vehicle breakdowns can occur at some point during deliveries. If a breakdown happens, it can cause unnecessary delays, which the driver can’t avoid.
- Using many App: Drivers can use as many food delivery apps as possible. The problem may arise when a driver uses these apps at ago. For example, when a driver takes an order from Grubhub and DoorDash at the same, the deliveries are bound to delay since the driver can’t deliver meals at a go, especially when they stay in different towns.
What Happens When A Grubhub Driver Doesn’t Deliver?
If a Grubhub driver doesn’t deliver, you can request a refund from Grubhub manually by calling their customer support number (877-585-7878) since the company’s main objective is to provide food to customers the fastest time possible.
However, it can be challenging to reach the company representatives on short notice, but they act as fast as possible if they receive your complaint.
How Does Grubhub Assign Orders To Drivers?
Grubhub can assign tasks by available drivers from their App. After the driver has signed up as a Gruhub driver through their mobile App.
Grubhub can see the available drivers, and divers can also see the incoming orders. Grubhub provides the driver with directions to the restaurants if a driver accepts orders.
The restaurant can also provide additional information about their location if the driver can’t find their address.
The App can then give directions to the address where the food is to be delivered, but drivers also have the option to call their customers if need be.
How To Contact Grubhub Delivery Driver
You can text your driver on Grubhub through the Grubhub Drivers app.
Grubhub uses a two-way covering system so neither you nor the driver can access each other’s phone numbers.
You can download the Grubhub app to help you track your order and know the predictable time of arrival.
What To Do If Your Grubhub Driver Isn’t Moving
When your Grubhub driver is not moving or if there is a delay in receiving your order, you can take a couple of steps to follow up on your order. These steps include:
- Check if Your order Was Successful
It is essential to confirm if your order went through when making orders online.
After ordering food from Grubhub, they send your order to the restaurant that you have chosen then the delivery driver gets the order.
Grubhub usually sends confirmation emails whenever orders are successfully gone through.
- Communicate with the Restaurant
You can contact the restaurant to find out why your order is taking too long.
To communicate with the restaurant, through your Grubhub app, click on your current order, you can find the restaurant’s contact; call them to follow up on your order or withdraw your order.
- Contact the Driver
You can also contact the driver to follow up on the status of your order. Through your Grubhub app and select your present order history to find the pending charges.
You can find the driver’s contact, and you can then call them to ask why your order is delayed.
- Communicate with Grubhub Directly
You can call or chat with the Grubhub customer support team through live chat, where you can receive a quicker answer.
You can call them on 877-585-7878, which is available 24 hours and seven days a week. You can also contact Grubhub on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Grubhub tries to get food to customers quickly and provides delivery drivers with excellent earning opportunities.
But sometimes, when your order comes late, the driver can be seen as incompetent, but it can be the reason we previously discussed.
You can always check the confirmation email to see if your order was successful before contacting the Grubhub customer care team or calling a restaurant.
But these Delivery apps have their motivating programs to get drivers to take an order, even if tipping is not a must. In some cases, tipping can boost the driver’s morale if it seems no one is interested in your order.