Grubhub is a popular mobile app and online food ordering and delivery service in America. This fantastic marketplace app is geared to connecting individuals with various delectable menus from nearby restaurants.
As a leading restaurant delivery service, Grubhub offers various benefits for their drivers, for example, flexible working hours as you get to set your working hours.
But how old do you have to be to do Grubhub? Continue reading to learn about the right Grubhub driver age and other requirements you may have before applying for a Grubhub driver’s job.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Do Grubhub
The primary qualification for being a Grubhub driver is that you are of the right age. In most of the states in the US, you have to be of 19 years and above to deliver for Grubhub.
And sometimes Grubhub doesn’t require any previous experience for you to be hired as a driver.
Some exceptions apply, for example, you have to be 21 years old to become a Grubhub driver in the Chicago metropolitan region.
Requirements To Work For Grubhub
The following are the requirements you must have before applying for the Grubhub driver’s job:
- Age: For you to become a Grubhub driver, you must have a minimum of 19 years, in most United States locations. But if you are in Chicago, you can be 21+ years before working for Grubhub.
- Driving license: A valid driver’s license is crucial because it verifies your eligibility to drive a car. However, bikers do not require a legal driver’s license but may have valid government identification.
- Experience: Possessing a valid driver’s license alone may not qualify as a Grubhub driver, as they may consider experienced drivers. Having at least two years of experience can be helpful, mainly if you are competing against many candidates.
- Excellent background: Before applying for a position at Grubhub, you can ensure that you have a great background, such as no severe criminal background or a poor employment record. This is because Grubhub conducts background checks, and having a criminal record may disqualify you from being their driver.
- Vehicle: Any vehicle is acceptable at Grubhub, as long as your car can get you from point A to point B. However, Grubhub may demand that you get auto insurance to use your vehicle for delivery.
- Eligible smartphone: Having a smartphone with a data plan is essential because you can download and use the Grubhub app at your convenience. You can, for example, use an Android 5.0 or above or an iPhone with iOS 10 or higher.
- Checking account: Before applying for a Grubhub driver position, you may register for a bank account. This is for direct deposits, as Grubhub will pay you using your bank account.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Do DoorDash Compared To Grubhub?
DoorDash delivery drivers are referred to as Dashers. To become a Dasher, you may first fulfill a few primary conditions. For example, to work for this service, you can be at least 18 years old.
That makes it a good choice for people who aren’t old enough to fulfill Grubhub’s driver age restrictions, 19+ years in most places in the United States and 21+ years in Chicago.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Do Uber Eats Compared To Grubhub?
You can be at least 19 years old to be a qualified Uber Eats driver. However, in Canada, the minimum age for Uber Eats drivers is 21 years old. The sole exception is if you intend to deliver by bike.
You can be at least 18 years old to deliver packages by bike.
If you’re not old enough to meet Grubhub’s driver age criteria of 19+ years for both car and bike deliveries, this may be a suitable option for you.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Do Lyft Compared To Grubhub?
Although this job description may appear simple, there is an age minimum for a Lyft driver. You must be 21 years old or older to become a Lyft driver.
If you are 19 or older but have not yet turned 21, this age limit may appear unfair and unneeded to you.
But you can apply for delivery driver employment at Grubhub, which allows drivers aged 19 and above in the US.
To become a Grubhub driver, you can be 19 years or more except in Chicago. All requirements are uniform, similar to those for other delivery apps such as Door Dash and Uber Eats.
However, Door Dash, which requires 18 years or older, and Uber Eats, which offers an 18-year-old option for bike deliveries, allow for a lesser age requirement than Grubhub.
But Grubhub pays their drivers $20.48 per hour than Door Dash ($18.87) and Uber Eats ($14.04) per hour.