Amazon wish lists have been a welcome feature on Amazon for years now. They allow you to find the things your friends and family wish to buy so that you can effectively brainstorm gift ideas for their birthdays, holidays, or special occasions.
The feature has undergone some changes since its inception, so it can be a bit tricky finding exactly the information you want, especially if you’re accessing Amazon from different devices.
Luckily, the wish list feature is very simple to find and use, you just need to know where to click….
How To Find Someone’s Amazon Wish List
A while back, you used to be able to see public wish lists simply by searching for them. Amazon ended up removing this feature due to privacy concerns, but you can still see wish lists for people that have shared their list with you.
As long as the person has shared their list, you should be able to find it no problem. We’ll talk about how to share lists later on in this article.
To find somebody’s Amazon wish list, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in to your account
- At the top-right hand of the page, click on “Accounts & Lists”
- Click on “Your Lists”
- Near the top of the page, navigate to the “Your Friends” tab
- You will be able to see the lists that have been shared with you
As you can see, it’s fairly straightforward to find someone’s Amazon wish list when you know where to look.
However, if you’re accessing Amazon through a mobile app rather than a desktop browser, it will look a bit different.
If you want to learn more about Amazon wish lists, how they work an dhow to find your friends wish list, keep reading….
How To Find Someone’s Amazon Wish list On iPhone
The Amazon app is a convenient way to access Amazon features on your iPhone or Android device. The apps for the two different platforms are actually almost identical, so you should be able to find someone’s Amazon wish list on iPhone or Android no problem.
Just like with desktop, you need only follow a few simple steps:
- Open the app on your iPhone or Android device
- Click on the menu button in the top left (it looks like three horizontal bars)
- Tap on the “Your Lists” option
- Here you will see lists that have been shared with you just like on desktop
As you can see, it’s even easier to find the wish list you’re looking for on iPhone or Android, as long as it’s been shared with you. That being said, how do we share our Amazon wish list?
How Do I Find My Amazon Wish List URL?
In order to share your Amazon wish list with others, you will need to find your wish list’s URL. This process is fairly straightforward:
- In your desktop browser, go to Amazon.com
- Log into your account
- Mouse over the “Accounts & Lists” button at the top
- Under the “Your Lists” tab, locate the wish list you want to share
- Click on the “Invite” button next to your wish list, this will bring up a dialogue box
- You can invite people to “View and edit” your wish list, or “View only”. For now, we’ll just click on “View only”
- This will give you the option to “Copy link” or “Invite by email”
- Click on “Copy link” to copy the URL of your wish list to your clipboard
Once you’ve copied the link to your clipboard, you can send it to your friends and family in order to share your wish list by pasting it into an email or message (ctrl+v).
If you simply wish to write down the address, you can paste it into a text file to see the URL itself.
Although using Amazon’s wish list feature is designed to be a straightforward process, there are a couple details that can confuse some people. In order to clarify a few things about Amazon wish lists, let’s go over a few related concerns to try and clear up some of the specifics.
Do Items Disappear From Amazon Wish Lists When Purchased?
It wouldn’t be very convenient if everybody you knew bought the same thing from your wish list. Even though there are some things on Amazon that you might want to buy more than once, many people wonder if the things they purchase for others remain on their wish lists for other people to view.
Fortunately, in order to avoid these kinds of duplicate purchases, Amazon has made it so that items purchased from someone’s wish list do in fact disappear from the list after purchase.
But what if we want to know who bought something for us? Is there a way to see who purchased something from your wish list?
Can I See Who Purchased From My Amazon Wish List?
When someone buys you something, you typically want to thank them. However, in order to thank somebody who purchased something for you over Amazon, we will need to see who actually accessed our wish list and made a purchase.
This is also useful if you end up with duplicate gifts and need to make a return to somebody.
It’s important to note that the “Thank You List” feature is only available for custom gift registries, such as for specific birthdays, weddings, or baby showers. If you want to see who purchased something for you from your Amazon wish list, you can check the “Thank You List” page:
- Log in to Amazon.com
- Navigate to your wish list, gift registry, or baby registry
- Click on the “Thank You List & Returns” Button in the sidebar on the left hand side of the page.
- Here you can see the people that have purchased items from your registry
- However, if the user has chosen to remain anonymous, you will not be able to see their name
- If you purchased a gift from your registry yourself, you will not appear on the list
Hopefully this helps you with your gift shopping as we move into the holiday season. Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns.