Amazon’s A to Z app is a great tool that allows employees to manage their work-life. You can check your schedule, submit time off, and even quit on the app!
So, how exactly do you resign from Amazon using the A to Z app…..
How Do I Resign From Amazon A to Z
The A to Z app also lets you resign from Amazon easily. Just follow these steps to do so:
- Log in to your account on the A to Z app.
- At the home screen go to the bottom where it says “Thinking of living Amazon? We don’t want to see you go, but we can help you resign. Learn more.”
- If you click the “Learn more” link you will be taken to a page where you can fill out a form in order to complete the process of resigning from Amazon.
If you want to learn more details about exactly how to resign from Amazon in a way that won’t hurt your resume or chances of getting rehired in the future, keep reading….
Resigning From Amazon
If you’re looking to resign from Amazon, you can do so directly with your local HR office or through the Amazon A to Z app. Both ways are fairly straightforward and easy, with the HR officer you’ll just get some paperwork and be free to leave.
How To Resign From Amazon Through HR
If you are looking to resign the right way in order to avoid any legal issues that may interfere with your professional life in the future then this is how you do it:
First of all, you need to inform the management about your last day on the job and your resignation, this is called the “notice period”. The notice period is the time between your last days on the contract and the day it successfully ends.
You need to inform via letter, email, or through the Amazon website or app.
The information that you need to include is very specific, so make sure you include the following:
- To who is directed (HR or the Manager).
- A clear statement of your resignation.
- Write a few things about your last day.
- Words of appreciation and gratitude towards Amazon as a company.
- Ask any questions you have about the process.
- Add signature and name.
And of course remember, you have to give the notice period sometime ahead of your actual resignation. The time may vary depending on how long you’ve been working or the company you were with.
With Amazon, it’s often around one week, although in many other places it can be as long as two months.
If you have doubts about this, you can include it in your notice, and ask for help clearing things up.
Does Amazon Rehire After Quitting?
Yes, Amazon does rehire employees who quit, but there are a few details you must keep in mind. First, if you quit your job at Amazon, you have to wait at least 90 days in order to reapply, which is not that much.
However if you were not in charge of that decision, meaning your contract was terminated by Amazon, then you will have to wait a year in order to reapply, and you may not be able to do it depending on the location and the warehouse you worked for.
It’s safe to say that if you left on the best terms possible and by your own choice, your chances of getting rehired are much higher than coming back after leaving a bad impression and being fired.
It’s all very logical, but still, companies have different stances when it comes to rehiring, now you know where Amazon stands.
What Are The Benefits Of Voluntary Termination?
Choosing to quit a job is always going to be more beneficial for you as an employee, so it’s all about going out on the best of terms with the company, in this case, Amazon.
This will bring you a few benefits that are worth noting:
- You will get better chances to be rehired in the future if you decide you want to go back. As for how long you need to wait before applying, it mostly depends on the location but in some places, it is as soon as new open positions are available.
- If you got fired instead of leaving the job, it can take as long as 90 to 365 days before you are eligible for a position at Amazon, and it may be a bit harder for you to get chosen for a job.
- If you are fired for specific reasons such as harassment or damage of property, you will not be eligible for rehire.
- If the reason for you quitting your job was not your fault but rather health issues and such, you may be eligible to collect unemployment.
- Remember that if you get fired for a bad performance at your job, then you won’t be eligible for unemployment.
Can You Resign Without Giving A Notice Period?
Yes, you can, but we definitely wouldn’t recommend doing this, as it could result in a penalty, meaning you would have to pay Amazon and make you a bad candidate if you decide to reapply after resigning.
It’s better if you just go through all the steps, after all, it’s not something you do every day.
If you are planning on resigning from your job at Amazon, you have to remember all the steps that you need to take in order to do it the right way, this will allow you to have better recommendations and open doors for you to come back to your Amazon job.
Plan ahead of time and make all the preparations necessary, including the notice period and taking care of any unfinished business, once you are done with all of that, you can feel free to leave your post.
Also remember to have everything ready when it comes to a new job, if you are planning to leave in order to be more comfortable at the workplace, make sure you won’t regret your decision.