Millions of people worldwide enjoy shopping for products via this giant e-commerce platform known as Amazon. Amazon tracking may be one of the many reasons the platform is increasingly growing.
You may wonder how accurate is Amazon tracking when ordering products online. Ordering products on an e-commerce platform that allows you to track your packages can be satisfying, and this may increase your confidence as a shopper.
This article may help you learn more about amazon tracking if amazon tracking can be wrong and other topics related to Amazon tracking.
Is Amazon Tracking Accurate?
Amazon offers accurate product tracking services. Reports from shoppers show that tracking orders have been more precise and accessible. Each charge on Amazon has a tracking option closer to the package to help you see its delivery time and notify you of any changes either in delivery time or date.
The tracking systems of Amazon marketplaces are pretty reliable and faultless. Their projection of arrival time and destination of the package is precise.
To learn more about Amazon tracking, keep reading…
Why Is The Amazon Tracking System Accurate?
Amazon is among the top e-commerce platforms globally, and its remarkable growth lately is because of its allegiance to customer service. The e-commerce giant is reportedly investing a lot of money in its business to support its tracking technology. Amazon delivers more than a million packages every day.
This shipment calls for an accurate tracking system that is satisfying to their customers and capable of fulfilling their staffs both in the control centers and fields like delivery drivers. Strictness in the delivery quotas also makes it easier to track your product on Amazon.
Amazon delivers its packages every day throughout the week. It is accurate to track your item on the Amazon e-commerce platform because of the speed-up processes by the robotics in the fulfilment centres. Speedy deliveries by Amazon are because of this combination of staff workforce and robotic technology.
This combination helps in keeping accurate track of delivery dates and times. Shoppers can track their products by accessing the ‘track package’ feature on the Amazon app.
Does Amazon Usually Deliver On Time?
Deliveries on Amazon are always on time. Over twenty thousand employees are working for this giant e-commerce worldwide. Apart from these employees, the company also uses its AI technology well to ensure every process is up to speed. With all these in place, processing an Amazon order may take less time.
Although there are some reasons as to why your package may take a bit longer to be delivered. Some of these reasons include;
- Adverse weather conditions or natural events such as tornados and earthquakes in the area where packages are to be delivered by Amazon
- Covid-19, because Amazon has been prioritizing medical suppliers during this pandemic, this may slightly affect your package delivery.
- Third-party seller
Can Amazon Tracking Be Wrong?
A slight difference in tracking might result from using third-party delivery services like UPS.com or USPS.com. Tracking numbers in one side may show the package in its arrival stage, but the package is in transit in reality.
Every delivery agency uses its own language and signals to indicate the arrival status of the shipment.
Third-party marketplace in Amazon may luck accurate tracking systems mostly when they originate from a different country, or their shipment method is untraceable. Shoppers who purchase products directly on Amazon enjoy a precise tracking system.
Tracking Amazon Packages
It is easier to track your package on the Amazon website. Follow these steps:
- Log in Amazon website: the initial step is logging into your Amazon website account that gives you access to their dashboard. You can also sign in by entering your official email address and secret password if you don’t have an account.
- Select the package: to track your package, select ‘track package,’ which is always next to the order list that you want to track. Confirm the package delivery details well before tracking it.
- Confirm arrival time: the arrival time and date such as ‘tomorrow by 6 p.m.’ will appear at the top of the page after confirming delivery details. A tracking timeline will also be visible next to every step.
Summary Of Tabs Available On The Amazon Page
The page consists of four tabs, each with different function as follows:
- Shipment event tab: tracking of shipment from its creation to arrival is through this tab. You can monitor all sequences of your shipment at this point.
- Track package: enables you to track your package by availing all information about your shipment. Information like tracking ID, box number and carrier status are available at this point.
- Shipment content: you can find your list of shipments at the shipment content tab. You can also trace the number of items in the shipment here.
- Reconcile: identifies the difference between shipment list and delivery list. It takes 16 to 30 days to complete the process.
Benefits Of Amazon Tracking
Amazon tracking can benefit both shopper and the company as below:
- Reduce customer contact: accurate tracking numbers minimize customer contact. Instead of answering customers’ questions on their shipments, they can track them from their end.
- Tracking minimizes lost shipment costs: tracing a lost shipment might be expensive. Tracking reduces such expenses as you may find the exact point where the package went missing.
- Reduces defect rate: there is a reduction in the defection rate of products. The package can arrive on time when under tracking.
- Boosts’ feedback ratings: tracking products from ordering to arrival can make shoppers leave positive feedback. This feedbacks can make them return to Amazon again.
Amazon tracking is accurate and reliable for both customers and the company. Reports from over a million shoppers indicate that the Amazon tracking system on their items is impressively accurate.
While some factors like shopper’s geographical location and the use of other delivery agencies like USP by amazon cause some delays, Amazon tracking remains effective on most of your orders.
Therefore, it is necessary to track your order up to arrival as long as there is a tracking option next to your order.