In the past, you could only request delivery from eateries that provided their in-house delivery services, such as famous pizza joints and some Chinese food restaurants. But thanks to third-party delivery services, restaurants, bars, and even coffee shops, you can have your products delivered at the comfort of your home.
Food delivery services have exploded onto the scene one after the other in recent years.
Examples of the most popular food delivery services include Grubhub, Skip the Dishes, and Doordash, to name just a few. But Is Grubhub and Skip the Dishes the same? Read on to discover more…
Is Grubhub and Skip the Dishes the Same?
Skip The Dishes left the US market and transferred their business to Grubhub but they are not the same, especially in Canada where the two are direct competitors.
Grubhub stated on May 14, 2019, that “Skip the Dishes will cease operations in the United States, but you can order your entire Skip the Dishes favorites through Grubhub.” They both share similar objectives and motives.
Additionally, you can securely connect to all features and services available through the Skip the Dishes on Grubhub app.
Some of the cities that Skip the Dishes transitioned to Grubhub include Columbus, OH Omaha, St. Louis, OH Cleveland, NY, Cincinnati, and Buffalo.
You’re probably wondering why two businesses exist or why you should choose one over the other. To learn more, keep reading….
Does Skip Own Grubhub?
No, Skip the Dishes does not own Grubhub. During the pandemic, Skip the Dishes saw increased demand for its restaurant delivery service in Canada.
They were that one nook of the platform that, despite its small size, experienced explosive growth. The company is the latest entrant in an increasingly crowded market for grocery and other household furniture delivery.
Skip the Dishes intended to expand in Canada. For example, they recently launched Skip Express Lane under their name and purchased its inventory to deliver milk, eggs, pantry, and snacks.
This is why they decided to merge with Grubhub in their US market. Despite this, they do not own Grubhub.
Is Skip the Dishes and DoorDash the Same?
DoorDash pricing is similar to that of Skip the Dishes. Each order includes a variable delivery fee you can determine by your area and the eatery you are ordering. Some price similarities are listed below:
Cost Of Skip the Dishes
- Delivery fees range between $2 and $5, though you’ll pay more if you live outside a certain radius.
- Before sending your order, you can know the exact delivery fee.
- There is no minimum purchase amount required to use the service.
- You will be able to tip your driver if you so desire.
The Price of DoorDash
- The pricing structure of DoorDash is similar to that of the other food delivery services on this list.
- Every order will be subjected to an additional delivery fee, which varies from $2 to $5 depending on where you live, though this figure may be higher in more remote areas.
- You’ll be able to tip your driver through the app as well.
Skip the Dish and Grubhub’s Principal Similarities
The following are the comparisons between Skip the Dishes and Grubhub.
The Ordering Process
The ordering process for Skip the Dishes is as follows:
- Create a user account
- Provide your mailing address
- Choose between delivery and pickup.
- Locate restaurants in your neighborhood or conduct a specific search.
- Select menu items and proceed to checkout to provide instructions to your deliverer.
You can track your delivery using the Skip the Dishes app or the desktop version, which is less efficient.
To place an order for delivery through Grubhub, follow the guide below.
- Enter your home or work address.
- Choose between delivery and pickup.
- Discover your neighborhood’s best restaurants.
- Conduct a check and include any special instructions.
- Keep track of your order and leave a tip for the delivery driver.
Both processes are identical. Each service enables you to place an order for your preferred takeout. You can accomplish this without speaking with or seeing anyone in person.
So, how do Skip the Dishes and Grubhub differ?
Their operating formats are similar to their achievements and general principle, but they differ in popularity and user base. Skip the Dishes and Grubhub are both excellent food delivery services.
With their user-friendly apps, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for. They are even better because of their driver-friendly regulations and membership subscriptions.