Shipt makes your grocery shopping much easier. Forget about leaving the house, finding a parking spot, and walking along miles and miles of aisles with a bulky shopping cart. Simply order your groceries on the Shipt app, and your items will be delivered right to your doorstep.
That sounds great, right? But, many shoppers like yourself might be deliberating if Shipt is worth those extra bucks or if traditional brick-and-mortar store shopping is still better?
In this article, we laid out all the factors to help you decide when Shipt is worth it and when it is not.
Is Shipt Worth It?
Shipt is worth it for most consumers, but it still boils down to individual preferences. If you appreciate convenient and easy shopping, Shipt is totally worth your money. But if you prefer to see an item for yourself before purchasing, then traditional shopping may be more suitable for you.
Have you ever dreamt of someone else doing your grocery shopping while you lounge and relax at home? Well, Shipt makes that dream come true. The whole concept of Shipt is enticing in itself. It’s essentially a grocery delivery service.
All you do is select your grocery items via the Shipt app and confirm your order. The next thing you know, your groceries are delivered to your address by a Shipt shopper, and you don’t even need to leave the house.
Shipt charges $10 for a one-time pass for non-members. For members, there are special rates and perks (find out more below). So if you’re not a member and you decide to use Shipt, you can expect your total bill to be $10 more.
If you would benefit from the convenience Shipt offers, then spending the extra $10 is absolutely worth it. Especially if you are working full-time or are a busy parent, this app will save you much precious time.
Shipt: The Good & The Bad
There’s no perfect delivery service, so what are the pros and cons of Shipt? Find out below!
- Convenience – Shipt allows you to save time by shopping online and having your groceries delivered to you.
- Ease of use – Shipt’s app is user-friendly, and there is clear information provided for product categories and individual items.
- Same-day delivery – Order and receive your order on the same day. Just select your preferred delivery window.
- Diverse product selection – Product options are not limited to a certain category like dried foods. There are a variety of options from specific brands, product types, etc.
- Delivery fee can be pricey – At $10 per delivery, it is quite expensive for grocery shopping.
- Not all stores work with Shipt – While most stores are available on Shipt, there are some who do not work with them. These are likely your small local stores.
- Product quality might vary – Fresh produce like fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables can spoil quickly, so the quality might vary upon delivery.
How Does Shipt Work?
Shipt is like Uber, but for groceries. Everything is done through the app or website, from ordering, tracking, and even payment. To use Shipt, you need to create an account with them either via the app or website. Then subscribe to the delivery service. Browse through and select your items, and add them to your shopping cart.
Select a delivery time window, preferably the period when you’ll be at home. Once selected, you can proceed to payment. Shipt allows various payment methods. Shipt hires third-party contractors to shop for you and delivers your order directly to your location.
You can download the Shipt app on your phone.
Which Stores Can I Order From With Shipt?
Fun fact: Shipt is owned by Target. However, it’s not exclusively available in Target only. Shipt works with multiple stores and groceries across the country. Most stores in your local area are likely partnered with Shipt, so you can get hold of your household groceries via Shipt.
Shipt lists retail partners in their website. When ordering, you can type in your location or zip code in the app or website. A list of stores will appear and you can shop in any stores listed.
Note: You can order from one store per purchase only. E.g., you cannot order from Target and H Mart at the same time in one purchase.
Does Shipt Have Memberships?
Yes, Shipt does have a membership subscription program. Originally, only members could use the services of Shipt, but they have now opened it to non-members as well. If you are planning to use Shipt frequently in the long term, it is a good idea to consider getting a membership.
Here are the benefits of a membership:
- Free delivery for orders worth $35 and above.
- Unlimited deliveries
- $7 flat-rate delivery fee for orders under $35 ($10 for a one-time delivery pass)
There are a few membership options to choose from.
- Yearly Shipt Membership ($99 per year) with the option to cancel anytime
- Monthly Shipt Membership: ($10.99 per month) and the option to cancel anytime.
- Shipt Pass ($10) with pass bundles: 3 passes for $27; 5 passes for $40.
- One-time Pass ($10)
Whatever you choose depends on your needs. If you’d like to test the waters with Shipt membership before going all in, the Shipt pass or Monthly Shipt Membership is ideal. Remember, you can cancel the membership anytime if you don’t like it for whatever reason (except for the one-time passes and pass bundles).
Evaluate which suits you best, and give those memberships a try!
Shipt is worth it if you plan to use their grocery delivery service frequently. However, occasional use of Shipt can burden your wallet, and doing your own shopping may be more cost-efficient in the long run. Keep in mind that Shipt charges $10 per delivery for a one-time pass.
The membership subscription programs are a fair deal, with the yearly membership at $99 per year and the monthly membership at $10.99. One major perk is free delivery for any order above $35. If you are buying for an entire household, most of your purchases will exceed $35. So the membership subscription is a good investment.
Ultimately, whether Shipt is worth it depends on you. Think about your grocery spending habits, and decide if Shipt is worth using. Have you used Shipt? What do you think about it? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply