Trader Joe’s dry dog food is devoid of maize, wheat, and soya, which frequent canine allergies. It also incorporates a variety of protein sources, including fish meal, chicken meat, and eggs. There are also antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in cranberry, blueberries, carrots, sweet potatoes, and oilseed.
Did Trader Joe’s dog food got discontinued? Continue to find out more.
Is Trader Joe’s Dog Food Discontinued?
If you’ve been buying Trader Joe’s Dog for several years, you’ve probably noticed that they’re no longer on shop shelves and wonder if they’ve been discontinued. Trader Joe’s confirmed their dog food has been discontinued.
“To Our Appreciated Customers: We recognize the importance of having a consistent food regimen for our pets. Given the time and effort of introducing new foods to our four-legged friends, we hope this notification allows you to plan for the transition. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for the inconvenience.”
The following are some of the Trader Joe’s dog food that has been discontinued:
- Grain-Free Salmon Recipe Cat Food
- Grain-Free Beef Recipe Dog Food
- Turkey & Giblets Dinner Premium Cat Food
- Grain-Free Chicken Recipe Dog Food
- Ocean Fish, Salmon & Rice Dinner Premium Cat Food
- Grain-Free Turkey Recipe Cat Food
The Real Reason Trader Joe’s Stopped Selling Canned Dog Food
Trader Joe Dog Food discontinued the above items because of the possibility of Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Listeria monocytogenes-contaminated food may not appear or smell rotten, but it can still cause severe and fatal infections. If your dog has consumed any recalled items and has experienced symptoms of Listeria infection, they should seek medical attention and inform their veterinarian about the exposure to Listeria.
Vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headaches, and neck stiffness are some symptoms of Listeria infection. Listeria infections, which can mimic other ailments, require specific laboratory tests to be diagnosed.
Dog Food That Has Not Been Discontinued
When you buy a bag of dog food, you’re entrusting your dog’s health and safety to the manufacturer. You shouldn’t have to be concerned if you’ve done your homework and selected a high-quality product. Unfortunately, manufacturers make mistakes, and accidents sometimes occur, resulting in recalls sometimes. Knowing which dog food products have never been recalled can reassure, allowing you to make informed decisions.
- Annamaet Petfoods
- Blackwood Slow Cooked Pet Nutrition
- Eagle Pack
- Petcurean’s Now Fresh
- Canine Caviar
- Holistic Select
- Nature’s Logic
Top 3 Healthiest Dog foods
Dogs often give unconditional love and emotional support, and some even act as guards to pet owners. One method to show your dog how much you care is to feed them a good diet. Some of the most famous vet alternatives are listed here.
- Taste of the Wild: Taste of the Wild Roasted Bison and Venison Recipes are high protein authentic meat recipes. Premium Dry Dog Food for Adult Dogs and Puppies with Superfoods and Nutrients such as Probiotics, Vitamins, and Antioxidants. They’ve updated their recipe to incorporate ancient grains such as sorghum and millet, but the first two ingredients are buffalo and pig, which provide plenty of protein.
- Instinct RawBoost Mixers: If your dog eats dry food, you can add a topper to increase the variety of nutrients they get. Add a cooked egg, tinned sardines in water, sauteed dark leafy greens, blueberries, or pumpkin, for example, to make this at home.
- Castor & Pollux Dry Dog Food: Organic Chicken & Oatmeal Organic – Organic Chicken & Oatmeal Recipe is a portion of high-priced, high-quality dog food. This product has no contentious components, such as artificial preservatives, colours, or flavors. However, it has a somewhat high carbohydrate content compared to protein and fat, although the meat and fat quality in the cuisine are outstanding.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Why Did Taco Bell Discontinue the Taco Salad?
- Is Lululemon In Movement Discontinued?
- Is Nathan’s Mustard Discontinued?
- Is The Dunkin Brown Sugar Oat Latte Discontinued?
Sadly, Trader Joe’s dog food has been pulled from all locations because of Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
This can be harmful to your pets and even cause death.
You can replace your favorite Trader Joe’s Dog food with the healthiest option suggested above, but always consult your dog’s veterinarian before purchasing any brand for your dog.