If you’re expecting an Amazon delivery, you’re probably asking yourself when it will arrive?!
Does Amazon deliver the same time everyday? We looked into it, and this is what we found…
What Time Does Amazon Deliver Packages?
Amazon deliver packages any time from 6 o’clock in the morning to 10 o’clock at night, but if your delivery requires a signature, delivery will be between 8am and 8pm so they can hand you the package in person.
We will take a quick look at the Amazon delivery system: how it works, why it sometimes doesn’t work, and what you can do if you are concerned about a late delivery…
How Accurate Are Amazon Delivery Times?
Amazon, like most huge internet based selling companies, invest a lot of time and effort into their delivery system, and efficiency and accuracy are the yardsticks by which the system is assessed.
Therefore, when Amazon states that your delivery will arrive within 4 to 6 days, they genuinely work to make this happen.
However, the company also states that late deliveries can occur due to things unforeseen and unexpected.
When this happens the Amazon customer service page includes instructions for you to follow.
Does Amazon Deliver At The Same Time Every Day?
Amazon delivery drivers follow a planned delivery schedule each day, but the actual time of arrival of any individual package depends on where it has to go, and how many deliveries the driver has to get through that day.
Therefore, your items probably won’t arrive at exactly the same time each day.
Amazon has a paid subscription programme for customers called Amazon Prime. Members enjoy a few extra benefits, one of which includes being able to nominate a delivery time with signature on receipt. Members also enjoy free (and faster) delivery.
Does Amazon Deliver After 9pm?
Amazon deliveries are planned to arrive between 8am and 8pm, but the sheer volume of items and delivery conditions can push delivery times to later in the evening, sometimes up to 10pm.
Therefore, it is certainly possible to receive your parcels after 9 o’clock at night. However, this won’t happen if your delivery needs a signature of if you have stipulated a specific time slot for your goods.
Delivery conditions that might delay your call until later in the day include traffic and weather conditions, which can sometimes prevent delivery altogether.
Why Does Amazon Delivery Sometimes Take So Long?
There are a number of reasons for the late delivery of your package. Problems can begin during the ordering process with a simple typo in the address line!
- As well as an incorrect address added by accident, shoppers can also order something that isn’t available, or cannot be shipped to their address. This is a common problem with international deliveries. In these cases, shoppers miss the notifications and wait patiently for an order that will never arrive.
- Missing apartment, building, floor, or unit numbers can perplex delivery drivers, who are unable to simply leave a package where it might belong in the hopes that the right person will find it. In these cases, items are returned to the company.
- Severe weather conditions can cause all kinds of delays and often do. Current communication technology and tracking devices make it possible to locate your item, however, so you can at least find out how far it has come.
- International customs procedures are long and arduous and can change. The only solution here is patience, and to keep in contact with Amazon because they will always have notification of where your deliver is even though they can’t hurry it along.
- Possible lagging communication between networks can occur. For example, in Australia, Amazon uses Australia Post to dispatch the last leg of each delivery. The last year has seen Australia Post struggle under its load, which cases delays that have nothing to do with Amazon.
What Can I Do If Think My Amazon Delivery Is Taking Too Long?
Amazon have a published list of recommendations for anyone whose package is late and causing concern. Here’s what they direct you to do.
- Go to your account and find the delivery that is causing you concern. Check the delivery date and the delivery address.
- Confirm your shipping address – it is recommended that you keep this information up to date. It is common for shipments to arrive at a shopper’s previous address because they forgot to update their personal information.
- Check that the payment has been processed.
- Amazon ask that you wait 48 hours to allow for any unexpected delays or issues.
- Check the tracking to see where the item is being held.
- If you still haven’t received your package but tracking shows it as having been delivered, there is a section on the Amazon customer service page that deals with this exact issue. Such packages are often returned as undeliverable.
What Is An Undeliverable Package?
An undeliverable package is one that cannot be handed over or left for the recipient because of very specific reasons. Amazon issue full refunds on all undeliverable parcels that are returned to them. Reasons for undelivered items include:
- Damage to the item or packaging that occurred in transit
- The package is marked as signature on receipt of parcel and the receiver is not home.
- The recipient refuses the delivery. This can happen with gift items that the receiver does not recognize.
- The delivery address is wrong or incomplete or entered in a format that the Amazon system cannot recognize.
- A restricted address has been used
- The package cannot get through customs
- The packaged has a damaged label
Efficient and reliable delivery of online purchases is a vital part of the shopping experience, and the internet giant Amazon has a complex and detailed system to ensure your parcels reach you in a timely way.
By paying attention to important details when you order (such as address and payment details) you can be confident that your stuff will reach you safely. Knowing where to go and what to do when there’s a problem is also reassuring, so familiarize yourself with Amazon’s customer service pages and the process to follow to locate your delivery if it hasn’t yet arrived.