IHOP is iconic for breakfast at all hours of the day. College students have famously frequented the franchise for fresh coffee and pancakes at random times.
But many don’t know IHOP has an extensive lunch menu as well. Is their lunch menu 24/7 as well?
What Time Does IHOP Serve Lunch?
IHOP serves lunch from 11 AM to closing time at most locations. IHOP operates from 7 am to 10 pm every day of the week, with some locations operating 24 hours a day. The IHOP menu, which focuses primarily on breakfast foods, is offered all day and night for any meal and without any restrictions (except for issues with availability).
This article takes a look at the IHOP multinational pancake house restaurant chain: what they offer when they are open and what you can hope to order at any time of the day.
What Is IHOP?
IHOP is an American multinational pancake house restaurant chain specializing in American breakfast foods. It is owned by Dine Brands Global, and 99% of the outlets are run by independent franchisees. IHOP was founded in 1958.
While IHOP’s unique focus is on breakfast foods, it also offers a menu of lunch and dinner items. Menu specifics and prices vary by location, as do exact operating hours. However, the hours of 7 am to 10 pm daily are mandatory for each restaurant in the chain.
What’s On The IHOP Lunch Menu?
IHOP’s breakfast menu is often adapted for brunch, morning tea, lunches, afternoon snacks, dinners, and suppers.
This means you can order pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelets, sandwiches, burgers, and salads anytime.
IHOP’s menu features an array of dishes and snacks, all of which can be customized or combined (in-store or online) in combos to suit any taste. Diners are encouraged to design their own breakfasts (or lunches). Choices can include:
- Build Your Own Griddle Combos: with all the breakfast options, IHOP guests enjoy the choice to build their plate exactly how they want it.
- Choose from pancakes, crepes, French toast, or Belgian waffle, plus two eggs your way, two bacon strips, or pork sausage links.
- Ultimate Steakburgers and Chicken Sandwiches: choose from All-Natural 100% USDA Choice Black Angus Beef Steakburger, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Breast made with All-Natural Chicken or Seasoned Grilled Chicken Breast made with All-White Meat Chicken as the protein for a range of sandwich options.
- Big Brunch – bacon, fried egg, crispy potato pancake, American cheese & IHOP® Sauce
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes – two pumpkin pancakes made with real pumpkin and seasonal spices, crowned with creamy whipped topping. Combo tiers include:
- Egg Combo – 2 eggs your way and golden hash browns.
- Regular Combo – 2 strips of hickory-smoked bacon or 2 pork sausage links, 2 eggs your way, and golden hash browns.
- Bacon and Eggs Combo – 4 strips of hickory-smoked bacon, 2 eggs your way & golden hash browns.
- Sausage and Eggs Combo – 4 pork sausage links, 2 eggs your way & golden hash browns.
- Ham and Eggs Combo –A hearty grilled ham slice, 2 eggs your way & golden hash browns.
- Ultimate Bacon and Sausage Combo – 3 strips of hickory-smoked bacon, 3 pork sausage links, 2 eggs your way & golden hash browns.
- Various pancake and cupcake combos
- Family feast combos
- Baskets and bites
- Chicken and ribs
- Traditional roasted/fried favorites
- Salads and soups
- Special seniors and kids combos
- A huge range of beverages, including milkshakes
Many IHOP outlets offer happy hour dining to their patrons (varies by location).
IHOP is a streamlined family super breakfast house, offering an extensive menu daily and every day of the week.
Big breakfasts are the main focus, but diners can choose conventional lunch items (or both) whenever and however they want.
IHOP streamlines its menus, meaning that you can rely on any IHOP restaurant to serve your favorite items.
It’s important to remember that prices, menus, and opening hours can vary by location, and all IHOP outlets will experience supply issues from time to time.