Quinoa is a seed that originated in South America with nutritional content. It is often called a “superfood” due to its nutritional value and prolific nature. After going largely unnoticed for some time, it’s quickly becoming popular enough to rival common grains such as wheat or corn in western cuisine.
Due to its rising popularity, quinoa is being offered for sale in most major grocery stores, as well as smaller independent stores. It can usually be found in its raw form around where the stores keep their grains. However, there are also pre-cooked quinoas available and these will be kept in different aisles.
Keep reading to find details on where you can find quinoa in the grocery store, as well as information on where it is sold and where you can find it in specific stores.
What Aisle Is Quinoa In at the Grocery Store?
Quinoa is not quite a grain. It is classified as a seed botanically, but it is still cooked and eaten similarly to cereal grains. Accordingly, it can be found next to things like flour, rice, couscous, and similar items in most grocery stores.
Quinoa will most commonly be found in the rice aisle, near the alternative grains like couscous. Since quinoa is considered a “health food”, it can sometimes be found in a specialized “health foods” aisle.
As mentioned above, pre-cooked quinoa salads and mixes can also sometimes be found in refrigerated sections of the grocery store. If you have trouble finding quinoa in your local grocery store, you can always ask an employee to point you in the right direction. They will usually be happy to help you find what you’re looking for.
If the store you are in has a website, like Target or Walmart, you can use their websites to find the items you are looking for. You can also order goods online for delivery or pickup from some stores, such as Walmart.
What Stores Sell Quinoa?
Since quinoa is so popular as a health food, it is offered by most major grocery chains, as well as some smaller independent grocery stores. If you want to know whether or not a local store sells quinoa before you actually drive down to the store, you can call ahead to ask whether or not they stock it.
- Walmart: Walmart typically keeps the quinoa near the rice. It can also be found sometimes in the pasta section or the international foods section.
- Target: Dry quinoa can usually be found in the pasta aisle at Target.
- Safeway: Quinoa can be found in the pasta and grains aisle, near other grains.
- Costco: Costco keeps quinoa in a few places. It will be near other grains in the grocery section of the store, but can also be found pre-cooked or as a salad in some stores.
- Kroger: Quinoa can be found in the pantry department at Kroger. Check near other grains like rice and couscous.
- Whole Foods: Quinoa can be found in many forms at Whole Foods. Dry quinoa can most commonly be found near the rice like in most other stores.
- Trader Joe’s: Trader Joe’s usually keeps the quinoa in the pasta aisle, near other grains.
- Publix: Like most other stores, Publix keeps their quinoa around the grains, but it might also be kept in the health foods section.
Quinoa can also be found at asian markets and middle eastern markets. It will usually be found near other health foods in asian markets, and near the grains in middle eastern markets.
Where Is the Quinoa at Walmart?
Wamlart will keep quinoa near other grains such as rice. It can also be found in pre-cooked forms in refrigerated areas in the store. if you cannot find it in the pastas and grains aisle, it may be in the health foods aisle.
If you cannot find the quinoa, it’s a good idea to ask an employee to help you find what you’re looking for. You can also use the Walmart app or the Walmart website to find what aisle the quinoa is in.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Where Are Lint Rollers at Walmart?
- What Aisle Are Condoms In Walmart?
- What Aisle Are Pokemon Cards In Walmart?
- Where Are The Scales at Walmart?
- Where Are Mason Jars in Walmart?
- Where Is Pesto In The Grocery Store?
Quinoa can be used in a variety of ways. It’s great as a side dish in its own right, or it can be added to salads and other dishes to give it an extra nutritious kick.
It is typically cheap and easy to cook, making it a perfect staple if you want something nutritious to back up all your meals.
Since it is cooked and eaten like a grain, most stores will keep it near the pastas and grains such as couscous and rice. If you can’t find it there, it might be in the health foods aisle next to other superfoods.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, it’s always a good idea to ask an employee to point you in the right direction.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask away in the comments section.
Leave a Reply