Dairy Queen Blizzards are famous for their thick blended ice cream treats with various mix-ins like Oreos, cookies, or candies.
Their Blizzards have also remained famous among ice cream lovers because of their delicacy that is easy to eat while strolling down the boardwalk or simply relaxing at the restaurant with your loved ones.
It’s always the perfect refreshment on a hot day and no matter what flavor you want, you can quickly get a blizzard to fit your own taste in various Dairy Queen locations.
But, can you make your own Blizzard at Dairy Queen? Continue reading to discover the answer to this question, examples of famous Blizzard flavors and how to make your own Blizzard at home.
Can You Make Your Own Blizzard at Dairy Queen?
Yes, you can make your own Blizzards at Dairy Queen Restaurants. But how? You can order a simple vanilla blizzard and add all the toppings you want ($0.59/topping) and create your own custom blizzard.
So, the next time you can’t find what you’re looking for on the Dairy Queen menu, you can always make your own favorite Blizzard from scratch.
Examples of Dairy Queen Blizzard Flavors
Dairy Queen Blizzards comes in a unique flavor. Some flavors may include:
- Oreo Mocha Fudge: contains coffee, Oreo cookie pieces, and cocoa fudge with soft serve.
- Red Velvet Cake: contains cream cheese icing blended with soft serve, and Red velvet cake.
- Mint Brownie: containsChoco Chunks, Brownie pieces, and cool mint blended with soft serve.
- Candy Cane Chill: contains Choco chunks blended with soft vanilla serve and Crushed Peppermint candy.
- Choco Dipped Strawberry: contains Ghirardelli chocolate chunks and vanilla soft serve with strawberry topping.
- Pecan Pie: contains pecans, soft serve, and caramel topping.
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies Dough: contains Reese’s, Butter Cups peanut butter toppings, DQ soft serve, chocolaty topping, and Reese’s pieces.
- Drumsticks with peanuts: contains sundae cone pieces, chocolatey coated with waffle pieces, and chopped peanuts.
Will Dairy Queen Make Custom Blizzards For You?
Dairy Queen also allows you to customize your Blizzards by adding your favorite toppings for $0.59 each. For example, you can purchase M&M’s or Vanilla Blizzard and top it with whatever toppings you desire. Examples of toppings at Dairy Queen include:
- marshmallow crème
- pineapple topping
- peanut butter topping
- strawberry topping
- Vanilla syrup
- Oreo cookies pieces
- Brown pieces
How Can You Make Your Dairy Queen Blizzard At Home?
Luckily, you can create this decadent cold delight at home. You can make excellent homemade blizzards on your own by using either a stand mixer of, a blender or a blizzard machine. The following are steps on how you can make a Dairy Queen Blizzard at home:
- Pick the ingredients for the size of the Blizzard you need. For instance, you can take 2-3 cups of vanilla ice cream (288-432g), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a third of mix-ins or candies of your choice and a half cup of milk.
- Place half-cup full ice cream on your mixer, blend until smooth, add the flavor of your choice (vanilla ice cream) blend with the mixer for a few seconds until the ice cream gets smooth like soft serve.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk, and mix-ins to your blended ice cream and blend one more time. Use the lowest setting of your blender to mix the ingredients well and avoid your blizzards from turning into a milkshake.
- You can now serve your homemade blizzard.
What Causes Dairy Queen Blizzards To Be So Thick?
DQ’s Blizzard, a milkshake-like concoction made by combining soft serve with mix-ins such as Reese’s and Oreos, is believed to be so thick that it remains in place even when flipped upside down.
The restaurant business supposedly believes in the product so much that they have promised to serve every Blizzard upside down. Dairy Queen also promises free blizzards if your blizzard is not served upside down.
How Long Does Dairy Queen Blizzard Take To Melt?
Dairy Queen Blizzards can take three days of 50-degree weather to melt 2 to 4 inches. If the temperature changes below freezing overnight, the process can be slower.
The volume of moisture in the atmosphere can also speed up the melting process, whereas wind can take the moisture away and keep the snowpack intact.
Which Is The Most Popular Dairy Queen Blizzard?
The M&M’s is one of the best sellers on the Dairy Queen menu because it remains intact for a long time as compared to other blizzard that can crash within a short time.
It also has a unique thrilling texture and every bite is enjoyable.
Want to learn more about Dairy Queen? Read this article next to learn if Dairy Queen takes Apple Pay and does Dairy Queen have Dairy-Free Ice Cream?
Apart from Dairy Queen is specialization in serving delicious ice cream, desserts, smoothies, and fast food.
They allow their customers to make their own Blizzards at any location. This can allow you to make your favorite blizzards without being limited to their menu.
Dairy Queen also offers customized Blizzards to their customers, where you can order a different Blizzard with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply