DoorDash incorporated is a popular American fast food and takeout delivery company that specializes in delivering food right to your doorstep in a jiffy.
Due to DoorDash’s policy on contactless deliveries however, cash is not currently being accepted as a means of payment, except for peculiar cases where a prior agreement has been reached. The company instead provides various digital options by which payment can be made for their services. Famous among these digital options is Venmo.
Can You Use Venmo on DoorDash?
Yes, you can use Venmo on DoorDash. Venmo is easily one of America’s foremost digital payment platforms. In fact, the PayPal owned app is one of the most commonly used payment methods on DoorDash.
Venmo was originally created to serve as a payment option for friends and family members who decide to “go dutch”, (split bills) while paying for a meal. This option to split bills is also readily available on DoorDash for those who decide to split the cost of a meal. To use Venmo on DoorDash, all you have to do is to link your Venmo account directly to your DoorDash account to enable seamless payment using Venmo.
How do I link my Venmo Account to my DoorDash Account?
Linking your Venmo account and your DoorDash account together is fairly easy. To find out how to set Venmo as your default payment method on DoorDash, simply follow the step by step guide listed below for your convenience.
- First of all, log into your DoorDash app, or sign into your DoorDash account if you’re making use of the web version.
- Then click on “account settings”, and select “payment” under it.
- Then under payment, select “Add payment method”, and then click on Venmo.
- Then go ahead to link your Venmo and your DoorDash accounts together.
These same steps also apply if you are making use of your personal computer.
However, if you have other payment methods already registered on your DoorDash account other than the Venmo you just linked, you may have to set Venmo as your default payment method if you intend to use the payment method for all your purchases on DoorDash.
To set Venmo as your default payment method, click on the three dots in front of the listed Venmo, and select “set as default payment method”
Read: What Is DoorPass?
Does Venmo have a credit card?
Venmo provides a credit card for all its customers who request one. The Venmo credit card is a Visa credit that is issued by Synchrony bank for Venmo customers.
This credit card allows you to split your bills with your family or friends while paying for a meal or other goods and services.
In addition to the credit card, Venmo also issues a debit card to its customers as well. Both cards also provide appealing reward programs to its customers, which includes custom checkback rewards amongst others.
How to link your Venmo credit card to your DoorDash account
To link your Venmo credit card to your DoorDash account, all you have to do is follow the detailed steps stated below.
- First log into your DoorDash app or sign into your account if you’re making use of the website
- Tap on the little icon on the top left corner of your screen
- Then click on “account settings”, and select “payment” under it.
- Under the “add payment method”, click on add credit/debit card.
- Input your Venmo card details in the boxes provided. Your Venmo card details include the 16 digits number on the face of your card, the expiry date stated on the card, as well as the (Credit Verification value) “CVV number”, which refers to the three digits number written on the back of the card. Your Zip code may also be required.
- Double check the provided information to confirm its accuracy, before proceeding to click on “add card”.
By following the steps listed, you have just listed your Venmo credit card to your DoorDash account.
If you do not have any other payment method listed on the DoorDash account, then your Venmo credit card automatically becomes your default payment method.
If you however have other payment methods listed, you may have to manually set the Venmo credit card as your default payment method if you intend to use it for that purpose.
Is it safe to use Venmo as a payment method on your DoorDash account?
It is quite safe to use Venmo as a payment method on DoorDash. Venmo’s parent company, Paypal, is quite known for the strict security measures put in place to ensure customers security, as well as the protection of their personal information from intruders as well as others who may try to illegally try to gain access to such information.
Venmo is equally just as safe as Paypal, so you can rest assured that your personal information is highly secure.
Why won’t DoorDash just accept cash instead of having to pay with my Venmo Credit card?
DoorDash, like the majority of other delivery companies, took stringent preventive measures to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. DoorDash temporarily suspended any form of contact that may arise between the dasher and the customer.
This temporary suspension included ceasing the acceptance of cash by the dasher after delivery had been made. This prevents contact, even in its tiniest form.
DoorDash however, still accepts cash for a few peculiar situations. Majority of which includes a prior agreement with the dasher, before delivery that cash will be used as payment for the food delivered.
What are the advantages of using Venmo as your payment method on DoorDash?
- You can rest assured that DoorDash uses strong encryptions to protect your personal information, as well as your bank information and card details from intruders.
- Paying with Venmo is quite fast and seamlessly easy. Using Venmo is quite straightforward and can be easily used by anyone
- While using Venmo, you do not have to go through the hassle of inputting your card details each time you want to make a purchase on DoorDash. Your card details are already imputed, and all you have to do is make your purchase and select Venmo as payment method – if it’s not already set as your default payment method.
What are the other payment methods accepted by DoorDash?
Venmo is just one of the many payment methods you can use to pay for your food on DoorDash. Various other payment methods are readily available for DoorDash customers. Other payment methods accepted by DoorDash include:
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Read these articles to learn what time does DoorDash open, does DoorDash deliver to hotels, and can you use a gift card of DoorDash.
Over the years, DoorDash has become the food delivery company of choice for over 20 million Americans. DoorDash typically delivers your order in about 30 minutes or less, after your order.
The maximum time for DoorDash delivery according to a recent survey places the delivery time as being under an hour.
DoorDash is also quite easy to use, being able to pay for your food digitally with your Venmo account is an added advantage that makes DoorDash an advanced delivery company. Other than Venmo, you can also pay via other methods for your delivery.
DoorDash remains an excellent choice for your food delivery. The urgency with which dashers buy and deliver your food makes it a top choice amongst the American populace.
Leave a Reply