Are you considering working with Shipt and Instacart? If you have been doing your research on these two apps, you likely notice they’re quite similar.
So if you can’t decide, can you work for both Shipt and Instacart at the same time? We looked into it and this is what we found…
Can You Work For Shipt And Instacart?
Yes! Shoppers can work for both Instacart and Shipt at the same time. it’s actually very beneficial to work on both as you will have a higher chance of getting full-time hours and all the perks that both companies offer. As an independent contractor, you are free to work for both.
To learn more about Shipt and Instacart, keep reading…
Who Pays More, Shipt or Instacart?
Shipt shoppers may make up to about $22 per hour, while those working with Instacart make between $15-$20 on average.
However, Instacart usually pays shoppers more for orders placed during the busiest time of day. In the end, shoppers report that Shipt pays more per order and Instacart pays more per hour.
For both Shipt and Instacart, the shoppers keep 100% of the tips received. The shoppers get paid once a week through direct deposit.
Both companies provide freedom to either reject or accept the orders. Shipt may penalize the drivers if they reject too many orders. Instacart, on the other hand, does not seem to penalize drivers for rejecting orders.
Shoppers who work with Instacart are also entitled to earn referral bonuses, especially after working for 40 hours in 6 months. The referral bonuses may vary depending on the zone and the assigned task.
Which One is Better to Work For, Shipt or Instacart?
Instacart seems to be slightly more popular because it enables the drivers to earn on top of their salary and tips by allowing them to enjoy bonuses.
However, the decision to work with Shipt or Instacart depends on your preference as an individual. Still, before choosing who to work with, you can consider learning what makes both Instacart and Shipt appear at the top.
Both Shipt and Instacart offer very lucrative packages to their independent contractors. Depending on your preferences, you may choose to work with either (or both!) The initial requirements may be the only knockout for Shipt since they require you to have a car.
Here are some benefits of working with either Shipt or Instacart that can help you decide on the best employer:
Benefits Of Working With Instacart
Here are some of the benefits of working with Instacart as a Shopper:
- You can decline orders you don’t wish to take without consequences
- Recieve perks through Benefitfocus, which include subsidized auto insurance and discounted prescription plans
- Instacart is available in more cities
- You don’t need a car to work with Instacart – You have the option of fulfilling orders in store. You will be an employee and not an independent contractor, however you still have freedom to pick your schedule.
Here are some benefits of working with Instacart as a W-2 employee enjoy:
- Full-Time Employees receive medical, dental, vision, retirement, and life coverage. They also offer physical and wellness for mental health. They also offer memberships and stipends that keep your family comfortable. Instacart gives a sick pay of one hour for every 30 hours worked
- They provide a work-from-home setup that fits the needs of the employee. They provide a work stipend for their employees.
- They offer flexible time off for the employees to recharge themselves.
- They build families through their coverage for health and family planning. They offer to leave for all the parents apart from flexible working schedules.
- They provide customized leadership development programs that cater to entry-level and lead different teams.
- There is job security, and one can plan for their future without fear. They provide loans for the students and other financial needs that may arise.
- Instacart provides express membership by supporting every parent who works within the Instacart family. They entitled the members to a paid leave and enjoyed discounts for groceries. They granted all employees express membership to celebrate the diversified cultural heritage.
- The company also partners with the parents to host virtual family-building events and programs to benefit the families. They hold cooking classes, arts and crafts, and magic shows.
- They Subject parents who become parents through birth, adoption or foster care to a paid leave of 12 weeks as they acclimatize with the additional responsibilities.
- They offer 24/7 shopper support system services. You want to enquire about anything, you can reach out to them through their Facebook page and Twitter account. For official communication, you can email them through [email protected] or call them on (888)246-7822.
Benefits Of Working With Shipt
Here are some of the benefits of being a Shipt Shopper:
- You can choose the areas where you shop
- You get access to exclusive events and meetups for shoppers. This creates a community and makes the job less isolated.
- Receive Discounts through Perkspot
Here are some benefits of working with Shipt as a W-2 Employee:
- Shipt partners with different health providers to provide quality medical cover for their employees and the entire staff team. Shipt offers medical insurance as provided by Affordable Care Act (ACA) guidelines and recommendations. They also offer comprehensive annual dental visits through their dental health coverage. They cater for vision coverage, and one has to choose from various services provided by the cover. Other medical coverage services offered include the pet’s insurance and other auto insurance options.
- They partner with Tax slayer that provides a 50% discount for all the employees.
- Shipt allows you to choose where you will shop.
- They offer free membership to all Shipt employees. To enjoy the benefits of being a member, you need to sign in using the exact login details through the Shipt app linked to your Shopper Account.
- They offer regular financial support to the employees. The employees may qualify for a one-time license equal to the earnings of about two weeks.
- Shipt has a unique program that provides financial help to shoppers. They provide financial assistance for up to two weeks for those patients under quarantine or whose members they have diagnosed with COVID-19. Shipt will then continue to offer countless deliveries. The Corona Virus hardly hits. Here are the requirements for one to qualify to benefit from the COVID-19 aid fund:
- It would be best if someone infected you with COVID-19 and provided the documentation.
- You require quarantine
- They placed you under quarantine
- They provide free flu shots.
- They offer a 24/7 shopper support service, and you can reach out to them via Facebook page, Twitter account. Someone can also contact them through the email: [email protected] and their phone number: (205) 502-2500.
People who work for Shipt become more social because of those meet-up sessions. It allows you to practice your friendliness skills before other people.
If you don’t have any vehicle with you, then Instacart will be the best option for you, for it is not part of their requirements.
Working for Instacart or Shipt hugely depends on where you are located. These are two giants that have the exact nature and similar aspirations. The distinction lies in the complete judgment of the job seeker.
The flexibility that this work offers is immense. The parents are at liberty to choose some days where they leave from working on their delivery services.