Buying groceries takes a big chunk of time for most households. But nowadays, we have companies like Shipt that complete your orders for you and deliver them to your doorstep.
Shipt can save you a lot of time at the grocery store. So now, for that convenience, should you tip Shipt shoppers? Yes, it’s not required but highly encouraged to tip! The real question is, how much?
How Much To Tip Shipt Shopper
A standard tip of 15% is the norm for a Shipt Shopper. If you really enjoyed the service, you can increase that amount to reflect it. On the other hand, if something went very wrong, you can decrease it to 10%. Shipt Shoppers do rely heavily on tips so it’s highly recommended to always leave gratuity for the service.
Since the drivers depend on the tips, we recommend the tips should not drop below 10%. If a customer bought heavy items, then the shopper delivered them, the tip should not be less than 15%-20%. If they are of moderate weight, then 15% is enough.
Customer tips go completely towards the Shipt shoppers. If you are very happy with the service, it is highly recommended to leave a high tip to reflect it.
Can Shipt Shoppers See Who Tips?
Yes. The shoppers can see who tips by checking the application after finishing an order. They can also see who does not tip. The Shipt shoppers may also know and track how much every customer tips.
The limitation of this service is that they cannot access the contact details of the customers who have tipped. Shoppers cannot access the customer’s name and address after tipping.
The shoppers will use the pop method to pick the orders when they pop up since they may not have the customers’ account details.
Can You Tip A Shipt Shopper In Cash?
Yes, a customer can decide to tip in cash. There are no rules or laws restricting customers from tipping through cash model.
Cash tips are acceptable and welcomed by all Shipt Shoppers.
How To Tip On Shipt
Here are some steps on how to tip on Shipt:
- Place an order of your desired item.
- Pay for the required cost.
- Wait for the delivery of the item ordered
- Check your email account for an email to show you have received
- Check for the link in the email that you have received
- Click on the link, then tip or rate online.
- Sign in to your shipt or Instacart account and add desired items to your cart
- Head to the top righthand and check out
- Enter your shipping information, then payment for the services
- Check at the bottom for a pop up- Tip
- Choose the already fixed amount for tipping
How Much Do Shipt Shoppers Get Paid?
Shipt Shoppers make on average between $15-$17 per hour. The more orders someone gets, the more they earn on the platform. Some experienced shoppers can make up to $22 per hour.
The amount someone will get depends on where the shopper is located. There are places where the market is not dense compared to other locations.
To access payment, you can always visit your account page in the shifting app, then add your information for direct deposit to be paid.
Shoppers receive their payment through direct deposit, which happens every Friday and comprises those amounts between Saturday and Friday.
The payments for shipt are more predictable and consistent. They use a simple pay scale of $5 per order and 7.5% of the total customer pay. It is famously known this Scale as V1. They are also testing out the V2 Scale, which holds that one will receive 5 dollars plus an unspecified commission per order.
Do Shipt Shoppers Rate Customers?
No, Shipt shoppers cannot give a rating to the customers. They have endowed the customers with the power to rate the shoppers.
Shoppers view the customer’s address before claiming an order. The shoppers may not decline an order based on not tipping.
What Are The Pros Of Being A Shipt Shopper?
Here are some pros of working with Shipt:
- The shoppers enjoy the flexibility of going through the application and picking all available orders that they can deliver
- The shoppers get paid per order
- Delivery is optional, depending on the client
- Shoppers can enjoy the promotional bonuses that are offered once in a while
- There is job security since the shoppers can keep their jobs
What Requirements Do I Need To Become A Shipt Shopper?
To become a Shipt Shopper, you require meeting:
- Attain the age of 18 years
- Possess a valid driving license for the United States
- Own a reliable vehicle that is above the 1997 models
- Have enough knowledge of your selected area
- Have the physical ability to lift items of about 40 pounds
- Own a smartphone; either iPhone or android
How Long Will It Take Before I Can Begin Shopping?
The amount of time varies from one location to another. Somewhere else, it would be a few days to one week. In other places, it may take over one week. It may call for patience as the team works on the application process.
Want to learn more about Shipt? Read these next learn when Shipt Pays and if you can work for Shipt and Instacart.
From our discussion in this article, we have seen some facts about Shipt on how they satisfy the customer’s needs. We have identified some security in terms of jobs when working with Shipt. Their payments are pretty constant and predictable.
This means that as someone looking for a stable source of income, you can consider this a viable employment opportunity. Another difference is in terms of accumulative payment. Shipt makes payment per order, while Instacart makes payment per order.
Leave a Reply