Many businesses use drug and alcohol testing programs as part of their commitment to a safe working environment. This approach is useful in identifying the usage of and/or presence of intoxicants like alcohol in the workplace.
Drug testing is a standard safety practice that has been shown to help reduce workplace incidents, discourage employees from abusing substances on the job, and serve as a precautionary measure if a business sees an increase in non-negative findings following an event.
You are probably thinking of joining AutoZone because it is one of the largest automotive parts and service retailers in the world. It is also known for its excellent customer service and with good reason. The company has a long history of being an exemplary employer.
But does that mean it tests employees for drugs? AutoZone has never specifically addressed this question, but it’s something that employees and prospective employees often bring up. Keep reading to find out the answer and much more in detail.
Does AutoZone Drug Test?
AutoZone does perform random drug testing to ensure the health and well-being of its employees. There’s no information on whether or not prospective employees are subjected to drug tests at all locations.
Some employees confirm that AutoZone conducts drug testing on its employees. Urine samples are also needed for screening at the auto parts store.
If an employee is suspected of taking drugs, then an urgent drug test for that person is undertaken.
In the majority of their work locations, AutoZone does not conduct drug tests during the pre-employment screening process. However, if they deem it necessary, certain departments might subject newly hired employees to drug tests before they start working there.
Before considering you for employment within their organization, they also conduct an exhaustive background check.
You will almost certainly need to submit to a drug test if the position you are applying for places a premium on employee safety, such as a delivery driver. While administering DOT drug tests, AutoZone operates in complete compliance with all DOT guidelines as well as applicable state laws.
Following the successful completion of your DOT drug test, AutoZone may perform a background check on you. Consequently, check to see that you have your driver’s license and any other essential documents.
As mentioned, they might administer urine drug tests to the prospective employees before they hire them. Your refusal to take the drug test could result in disqualification. You can test yourself with a home-based 12-panel urine drug test kit if you are about to give a pre-employment drug test at AutoZone to determine the levels of major illicit drugs so that you can face your drug test confidently. This will allow you to pass your drug test.
What Happens If An Employee Is Found Positive For a Drug Test?
You won’t be hired, period. But, if you are already an employee at AutoZone, then you will lose your job instantly. In short, there is no good in consuming drugs if you wish to work at any company, as no company may keep an employee that may pose a risk to the safety of others.
So while this has been answered and you are certain that you will qualify for the role applying. You probably are curious to know how much you will earn at AutoZone. Let’s dig into that as well.
How Much Does AutoZone Pay You Per Hour?
Here is a glimpse of wages at the auto store:
- Retail Sales Associate: $11. 25 per hour
- Senior System Engineer: $118,758 per annum
- Manager in Training: $47,118 per annum
- Assistant Store Manager: $15. 66 per hour
- Senior Retail Sales Associate: $9. 99 per hour
- Customer Service Associate or Cashier: $9. 95 per hour
What Are The Perks Of Working At AutoZone?
Certain benefits that employees at AutoZone avail are given below:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Employee discount
- Quarterly bonus
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paternity Leave
- Performance bonus
- Bonus pay
- Stock purchase plan
- Monthly bonus
There are various other benefits given by the company about which you will know once you will start working at the company.
Requirements To Work At AutoZone
- You should be above 16 years to work at a non-commercial store and above 18 years to work at a commercial store.
- You should have a high school degree or diploma.
- An applicant should have a strong knowledge of automobile parts and accessories.
- Good communication skills and leadership qualities will be a plus factor for an application.
- A candidate must be well-disciplined, driven, civic, and responsible.
How Can You Apply At AutoZone?
The company invites applications from all the interested and skilled people. You will find different locations where positions are vacant. You can either apply for a job online or by strolling in. So, here are some basic steps to apply for an application:
- Step 1: First, you must browse ‘AutoZone- Careers’.
- Step 2: You will see the search box, asking for the field of your interest and the department you wish to work in.
- Step 3: You will find different results based on your selection, and you may select the relevant post for you.
- Step 4: You will see the job description of the selected job position. Once you agree to all the terms and conditions, you can move to the application form.
- Step 5: In the application form, you need to fill in the basic details and do attach your resume to it.
So, What’s Next?
A call from the recruiters follows the filling of a job application. The call is about setting up a phone interview or an in-person meeting. When you show up for the interview, you need to answer questions with confidence and grace.
In case you pass the interview, you have to do some basic documentation.
If the recruiters don’t contact you within a week, don’t hesitate to call them. Still, if you don’t receive a word, then you should skip the usual follow-up.
What Could Be The Possible Interview Questions?
Some common questions asked at the interview in AutoZone are given below.
You should try to answer the questions fluently to pass the interview.
- Why do you want to work at AutoZone?
- How will you handle a customer with a high temperament?
- How will you handle a difficult situation and overcome it?
- How will you handle the situation at the store if your co-worker does not show up for the shift?
- Tell us about yourself and your work experience.
- What are all tricks you use to satisfy customers?
AutoZone has carved out a niche in the American market by offering various automotive parts and accessories at competitive prices. AutoZone operates more than 6400 stores across the country in a variety of settings. AutoZone does not operate under a franchise model, as all its locations are owned directly by the company.
Joining the company may be a good idea if you have the skills, but if you are concerned about going through a drug test, keep in mind that they may ask you to ensure the safety of others around you or if your role requires so.