Dairy Queen is well known for their delicious blizzards, but they also offer a number of meal options like Turkey BLT, Cheese Grill Burgers, and even Chili Cheese Dogs.
With so many meal options, we were wondering if Dairy Queen accepts EBT cards? Or can you only use EBT at grocery store? This is what we discovered….
Does Dairy Queen Accept EBT?
Yes, Dairy Queen is among the stores taking part in the EBT program in United States, but not in all locations. You can use your EBT card at DQ’s in states like Arizona, Maryland, Rhoda Island, Illinois, California, and Michigan.
Initially, people under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) could purchase only food for preparation at home using their EBT card.
But a lot of the program beneficiaries are homeless, elderly, and disabled who may not prepare food at home or in remote kitchens.
Because of this, some states have extended the SNAP program to allow beneficiaries buy hot and already prepared meals at designated locations under Restaurant Meals Program (RMP).
What You Can Purchase Using EBT
You can purchase food for your household such as
- Fruits and vegetables
- Bread and cereals like beans
- Dairy products like soft-serve ice cream, and milk
- Meats, fish, and poultry
- Non-alcoholic beverages such as minute maid and bottled water.
- You can also use EBT cards while purchasing seeds and plants.
What Cannot Be Purchased Using EBT?
You cannot pay for the following using EBT benefits:
- Any pre-prepared food or any meal that can be served in the stores unless under the SNAP/RMP program.
- Non-food product.
- Alcoholic beverages products
- Tobacco products.
- Bodybuilding supplements like vitamins and medicines.
- Any hot foodstuff in the store.
How To Apply For EBT/SNAP
The following are steps to follow when applying for SNAP benefits:
- Gather documents necessary documents which can support your application.
- Log on or register to mybenefits.ny.gov website.
- Answer a series of questions including your full names, citizenship status, your household and address.
- Submit your application through the website.
Benefits Of Accepting SNAP Services
EBT service has the following benefits in the economy:
Empowering More Users and Merchants
With introduction of EBT/SNAP technology, many stores can take part in and benefit from the program.
The state can now spread wealth uniformly throughout the economy if beneficiaries use this card to shop in stores across the states.
Third-party deliverers also benefit from pickup and curbside services paid by EBT benefits.
Builds A Healthier Community
The EBT/SNAP program beneficiaries are guaranteed essential nutritious products and meals for their health.
People with lower incomes, disabled and elderly can now afford essential meals such as vegetables and fruits, dairy products and meat using their SNAP/ EBT card in Dairy Queen locations.
This program offers vital supplements to vulnerable people who may need nutrient-rich foodstuff for survival.
How To Check Out In Dairy Queen Using Your EBT card
Here is how you can checkout in Dairy Queen using your EBT card:
- Pick your order in the store location.
- Hand or Swipe your EBT card through the point-of-sale terminal.
- Enter your PIN, usually four numbers.
- Select ENTER key.
- Confirm the amount entered by the Dairy Queen Clerk and press OK or YES.
- Pick the printed receipt.
Checking Your EBT Balance
You can get your EBT account balance from your last transaction receipt. If you misplaced the receipt, you can visit www.ebt.ca.gov, log in and confirm your balance. You can call the customer service desk through their toll-free number 1-877-328-9677 for assistance.
You can also call this number if you have lost your card, your card isn’t working, want to change your EBT PIN, and are wrongly charged by the store for food you didn’t get or for any other problems and questions about the program.
How To Use EBT Card To Instacart
You can follow these steps to add your EBT card on instacart:
- Login your account, then select setting and add your EBT card as your payment method.
- Shop for your selected items at any authorized stores.
- Check out at pay point using your instacart.
People on Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can receive State Agency food benefits through their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.
The state loads the card on monthly inform Families and individuals with low income are the beneficiaries of this program.
Like any other debit card, you can use your EBT card to purchase specific food in authorized retail stores such as Dairy Queen.
Dairy queen accepts EBT in their locations. Although not all states offer RMP services, you can join the program by writing to the stores to request this service.