Best known for its buy now, pay later service, Afterpay Limited is a financial technology firm. You can use Afterpay to shop now and pay interest-free later.
In addition, one of the few retailers, GameStop, allows you to use Afterpay to make your purchase. Does GameStop take Afterpay like other gaming retailers?
Unfortunately, Afterpay is not accepted at GameStop. Unfortunately, Afterpay is not one of the buy now, pay later service providers listed in the list of available payment methods.
You may see all the specifics in this article. We’ll also determine whether the payment options include a “buy now, pay later” option. We advise you to read our article below if you want all the solutions to the abovementioned questions.
What is Afterpay?
Online buyers have the option to postpone making payments on goods via the digital payment network called AfterPay. Users can make weekly installments until they have paid for their purchases. No interest is charged while utilizing AfterPay, nor is a credit check required.
A “buy now, pay later” platform called Afterpay enables you to make an immediate purchase and spread the payment over eight weeks.
Does Gamestop Take Afterpay?
No, GameStop does not provide financing through Afterpay. The largest video game shop in the world, GameStop, has the best collection of new and used video game consoles, accessories, and games, both in physical and digital formats.
Gamestop, a well-known retailer of video games, has begun offering the buy now, pay later option. Although Gamestop has not embraced this alternative, Afterpay is a wonderful “buy now, pay later” service provider.
What Is Buy Now, Pay Later?
An example of an installment loan is a “buy now, pay later” (BNPL) loan. It breaks up your purchase into several equal installments, the first due at checkout. Your debit or credit card will be charged for the subsequent installments until your purchase is finished.
Even though this kind of payment plan has been around for a while, it took off during the epidemic as more people started shopping online.
Most large shops now offer purchase-pay later options, but whether you should depend on the plan and your financial circumstances.
What Businesses Provide a Buy-Now, Pay-Later Option?
Stores like Sephora, Foot Locker, and Macy’s provide the Klarna. Although there are no interest fees with its pay-in-four plan, Klarna may impose a late fee of up to $7 if you are more than 10 days past due.
At retailers including Best Buy, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond, PayPal provides a pay-in-four payment plan both online and via its mobile app. There is no interest or late fees under the arrangement.
One of the biggest BNPL companies, Afterpay, offers the simple pay-in-four concept. It collaborates with merchants like Bed Bath & Beyond, Gap, and Old Navy. As long as you make your payments on time, there are no additional costs with Afterpay. However, you’ll be assessed a maximum fee of $10 if your payment isn’t received within 10 days of the due date.
Sezzle’s pay-in-four plan carries no interest fees and is available at many stores, including Target. Despite not imposing a late fee, Sezzle deactivates your account when you miss a payment; to use Sezzle once more, you must pay a $10 reactivation fee.
Retailers, including Walmart, Amazon, and Pottery Barn, are partners with Affirm. Its interest rates differ from those of other providers, so your rate will alter depending on where you buy. While some of Affirm’s partner stores have interest-free durations of up to 48 months, others have APRs as high as 30%. There are no late fees with Affirm.
Does Gamestop Use Any Buy Now Pay Later System?
GameStop uses ZiP and Klarna, two well-known and established companies that offer pay-later services. Even if it only sells gaming-related items, it has improved its payment option by being attentive and including this service.
Passionate gamers who are less wealthy and cannot afford to purchase one game after another in a month can utilize this service and take advantage of the opportunity as it arises.
You can order more than one or two games in a month and pay for them in installments over three to four months with the assistance of the services, which only take around five minutes to pay for instead of you.
Even though these services have limitations, they can still greatly assist you if you avoid leaping to something extremely expensive and stick to your spending plan.
What Is Klarna?
A “buy now, pay later” service, Klarna was established in Sweden in 2005. Nearly 20 nations offer it, and about 90 million consumers utilize it.
Through the Klarna mobile app, you can get modest loans at the point of sale for both in-store and online purchases. It collaborates with well-known merchants like Apple, Macy’s, Etsy, Gamestop, Foot Locker, and Sephora to let you make reasonable payments on expensive purchases.
Read: Does GameStop Buy Games?
Can You Use Klarna Inside Gamestop?
Purchasing using Klarna will give you more time to pay the sum without accruing interest costs. It will provide you more time and flexibility to pay in smaller, after-two-week installments. You won’t be charged extra for added convenience by the business.
You would only be assessed late fees if you did not pay your installment on time. Paying using the Klarna App is simple, whether you’re doing it online or in a physical location.
The actions you must take to pay using Klarna are as follows:
- Install the Klarna App, then look for the GameStop brand among the available alternatives.
- Once there, proceed to shop as usual and add products to your cart. After you’ve finished shopping, start paying.
- On the checkout page, Klarna Directly will be visible.
- Adjust your spending restrictions and divide your expenses into four smaller, interest-free payments that are due every two weeks.
- Put the order in.
- You will finish paying for them all there in two months if you maintain a good relationship with this service provider. The benefit of paying with this company is that no advance payment is necessary.
- Use Klarna to pay beginning on the first due date, even if your account has no balance.
How to Use the Klarna App for Online Shopping
- Tap the online shopping option on the home screen.
- Look up an online business you want to shop at, such as Gamestop.
- The retailer might require you to log into your account.
- Press the pink Klarna button once you’ve put everything you want to buy in your cart.
- Then, Klarna will provide a safe one-time card.
- Accept the price as well as the delivery and tax information. Click “Continue.”
- Your credit score won’t be impacted if Klarna runs a soft credit check.
- Additionally, Klarna will request your consent before adding extra for shipping and tax.
- Give Klarna your information, including name, birth date, and address.
- After confirming your agreement, click “Continue.”
- You must also decide on your preferred payment schedule.
- Add your bank or credit card information for Klarna after selecting a plan and pressing continue.
- Save your card information, check your plan, and then click “confirm” to continue.
- You can then duplicate the information on your Klarna one-time card, thanks to Klarna.
- When finished, return to the shop by closing the pop-up window in the Klarna app.
- Remember that every action you take is carried out within the Klarna app.
- Add a new payment method from the retailer’s checkout screen in the Klarna app.
- Then, you can manually enter your one-time card information or choose to have Klarna paste or apply it for you.
- Regardless of your decision, select your billing address and add the card.
- Put the order in
Is Apple Pay Accepted In-Store at Gamestop?
Apple Pay is accepted at GameStop in-store, yes!
Check for the Apple Pay logo at the cash register while you are in a GameStop location. Gaming consoles, games, accessories, and many more items may all be purchased using Apple Pay as a payment method.
Simply hold your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the terminal and wait for the beep to activate Apple Pay in-store. Depending on the terminal, you might need to enter your PIN or sign a receipt.
Typically, all a user needs to do to complete a payment is to hold their iPhone in front of a contactless scanner powered by NFC, which is synchronized with their bank account information.
Payment Options at Gamestop
The following is a list of accepted payment options at GameStop.
- Apple Pay
- GameStop Gift Cards
You can choose the Klarna payment method you like directly on the checkout page because GameStop is already convenient. However, Afterpay is not a valid method of payment. We anticipate Gamestop accepting Afterpay shortly.
Each fact in this article has been marked for your reference. Gamespot does not allow Afterpay, as you are informed.