Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a retail company that mostly focuses on home improvement and hardware products. It is also one of the oldest stores in the US dating back to 1921, eventually becoming one of the biggest retailers in the world today.
With so many customers, it’s only natural that Lowes offers price matches for many retailers including Amazon, so let’s dive into that!
Does Lowe’s Price Match Amazon?
Yes, Lowe’s can price match Amazon, what this means is that if a customer finds a cheaper price for the same product while browsing through the Amazon website or app, Lowe’s will match the price whether it’s in the store or online.
However this does not include discounts or any special sales and Lowe’s won’t price match with some stores or thirty-party retailers on Amazon, and the lower price must have shipping and handling included.
Also, you’ll be able to match the price of any identical item found on Amazon after you buy your product within 30 days of purchase. By showing an item in the competitor’s current ad for a price match you will get a partial refund, which is a great way to save some money.
If you want to know more about Lowe’s price match policy and want to know more about it, keep reading!
What is Lowe’s Price Match Policy?
Lowe’s price match policy has just recently been labeled Lowe’s Price Promise which shows the commitment to keep customers coming without getting discouraged by more expensive prices than their usual online platform such as Amazon.
According to the official website:
If you find a current lower price on an identical in-stock item from another local retailer, we’ll match the price. Just bring the ad, printout, or photo and show an associate so we can validate the price on the competitor’s website or ad to complete the price match. Lowe’s Price Promise includes the price of the item(s) plus shipping or delivery cost.
What Are Lowe’s Price Match Rules?
- Lowe’s will only price match new purchasable products in stock. So you won’t be able to buy used, open box, or refurbished products with price match benefits.
- Remember how much time you have for a price match after purchase. Lowe’s will match at the moment you make your purchase, or if you decide to wait a little longer or didn’t check for a price match, you have up to 30 days.
- Lowe’s also includes shipping or delivery in its policy.
- You can’t stack promotions and price drops, you either get a discount from the store or a price match.
- Remember to have your evidence in hand to request your price match. What you need is to present the item and price on the competitor’s ad or website via a link or a picture.
- Lowe’s will limit your price match requests, although there is no specific amount, there are no unlimited amount of requests.
- You can also get price matches from the online Lowe’s store, and while it’s easy to do, you may call 1-877-465-6937 to get some help from Customer Service.
What Is The Process For Lowe’s Price Match?
Price match policies are often very similar for any store and retailer, however, the small details make it worth reading about the full process.
- First, you have to choose a product at Lowes.
- Once you choose the product, you search for the same product at a local store or online retailer (it must be the same).
- Search for a store and present what you’ve found with a photo, an ad, website, or app.
- Finally, if the item is eligible for a price match, you will get the discount right away.
What Brands Are Excluded from Lowe’s Price Match?
It’s important to know that not every single item is eligible for a price match, this happens for a few select reasons, one of them is just a choice on their part to not include some brands.
Some of the brands excluded from Lowe’s price match are:
- Weber and Kichler
Check Out: Does Home Depot Price Match Amazon?
What Items Does Lowe’s Doesn’t Accept for Price Match
According to Lowes.com, there is a clear list of things that are outside of Lowe’s Price Match Policy, these include:
- Any sort of damaged, used, refurbished, or open-box merchandise,
- Third-party marketplace sellers, auction sites, or closeout/discount sites.
- Custom products, which include configured or customized cabinets, windows, or other products
- Professional services such as labor and installation costs for any purchase.
If you want to read the full list of Lowe’s Price Promise Exclusions click here.
Is Everything on Amazon Eligible for Price Match on Lowe’s?
No, Lowe’s will only price match Amazon when dealing with products that are sold directly from Amazon, this means that it won’t include any third-party sellers on the platform which makes sense.
When you think about getting third parties involved, there’s always going to be regulations problems, so Lowe’s decides to not risk any fraud or illegal business.
So remember to check that the seller of the product you want to price match is from Amazon. Of course, they will still verify that they are not dealing with a third-party seller.
Are there More Retailers That Price Match Amazon?
Definitely, and this is a great way to avoid spending an extra buck without worrying about getting a better price elsewhere.
Some of the retailers that will price match Amazon include, Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, and more, so keep your eyes peeled for the opportunity of that magical price match.
Lowe’s has been around for a while now, however, there is nothing old about the way they manage their business, as they keep up to date with the latest apps, and business ideas such as price matching an item with Amazon for a customer on the spot.
So, whenever you’re in Lowe’s, remember to check Amazon to see if the item you want to purchase is there with a lower price, just show the link or a picture to the staff, and as simple as that you have the easiest and quickest convenient discount you could ask for.