Home Depot is one of those retailers that everyone in the world has heard of at least once, and it’s all due to the success in selling tools, and anything you may need for your home or your business.
As one of the leading retailers, it makes sense that they use every trick up their sleeve to keep their customers interested and engaged with how the retailer manages their business that’s why they offer a great price match policy that will get you lower prices as a way to keep up with their competitors, however many customers often have one question, does it price match with Amazon?
Does Home Depot Price Match Amazon?
Yes, Home Depot will price match Amazon, in both online purchases and in the store. When in the store things work a bit different however since you are dealing with the purchase in person. The manager of that specific store will accept or decline your request depending on the evidence you show for the price match and verify if it’s eligible or not.
While it only includes items that are sold directly by Amazon and not third-party sellers, you will find that a lot of items will be eligible for a price match on any Home Depot.
If you want to know more about how to get a price match or some of the exceptions that their policy may have, then don’t click away just yet and keep reading!
What Is Home Depot’s Price Match Policy?
Their policy is what they would call a “Low Price Guarantee” and just as any other price match policy, Home Depot seeks to match their competitors and keep having more and more clients with each passing day.
Unfortunately, they used to have an extra 10% discount on every in-store price match not too long ago, but that changed since last year. It used to be as it follows:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, we will match the price and beat it by 10%.
It’s as simple as finding the exact same item with a lower price in another retailer such as Amazon and requesting a price match. However, Home Depot does not include shipping prices.
What Are Home Depot’s Price Match Rules?
- Home Depot will only price match new purchasable products in stock.
- Any open box or used products are excluded from price matching.
- You are allowed to adjust the price of the product you bought after purchase. They will match at the moment you make your purchase, or if you decide to wait a little longer or didn’t check for a price match, you have up to 30 days with the Home Depot Price Adjustment Policy
- Home Depot also includes shipping or delivery in its policy.
- You can’t combine promotions coupons or price drops with a price match.
- Remember to have your evidence in hand to request your price match. What you need is to present the item and price on the competitor’s ad or website via a link or a picture.
What Is The Process Of Home Depot’s Price Match?
Let’s say you find yourself in a Home Depot and you want to price match a product you saw the other day on Amazon, in this case, you would have to speak to the manager of the store to request a price match, and he will decide based on the proof you have from the product in Amazon.
In order to validate your request, the manager has to receive evidence of the identical item from the competitor in the form of an ad, a picture, or a link to the product’s page. Any of these will work.
After that, you can simply make your purchase and you will have your discount thanks to the price match you just requested easy right?
Sometimes though, you’ll need to wait a moment before they can verify the price match, which can involve calling the competitor.
If you are buying online, the process it’s similar to when you are in the store, however, there are a few obvious differences.
You’ll need to get in contact with Customer Service, this can be done in one of two ways, a live chat on the Home Depot’s official website, or with an old-fashioned phone call to 1-800-430-3376, it’s up to you to decide.
What Items Does Home Depot Doesn’t Accept for Price Match?
Some items are excluded from Home Depot’s price match, these are some of them:
- Modified products from a competitor retailer are not eligible for Home Depot Price Match.
- Services, labor, installation cost, and assembly are not included in the price match.
- Wholesale trade quotes and discount pricing
- Any sort of Liquidation, Clearance, and On sale Prices are excluded.
- Bid and auctions site pricing such as eBay.
- Gift cards, bundles, free offers.
- Taxes, delivery, and shipping charges. Apart from this, products with extra shipping charges
- Non-specific offers or items and services furnished by Home Services
- There is no price match available for returned or damaged items.
- You cannot price match for discounted items.
- Any product by third-party sellers.
Does Home Depot Price Match on Black Friday?
Yes, they do, even though most stores won’t price match on Black Friday, Home Depot offers great values with their policy.
Don’t forget to try this out since Black Friday is just around the corner!
Is Everything On Amazon Eligible for Price Match On Home Depot?
As long as you are not dealing with a third-party seller but rather directly with Amazon, yes, mostly all of the items sold directly by Amazon will be eligible for a price match.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these related posts to find out if Lowe’s price matches Amazon, does Kohls take Amazon returns, and whether or not you should tip Amazon delivery drivers.
So there you have it, Home Depot can indeed price match Amazon as long as you have proof of the lower-priced product from the platform.
When you find yourself at a Home Depot, keep your eyes peeled and your Amazon app at hand so you don’t miss a great discount opportunity on that identical item you just saw on Amazon at a lower price!
Also, remember that Black Friday is included in Home Depot’s price match policy, so it will be a great time to go shopping and price matching.