Sam’s Club offers a lot of services in their Auto Center. It’s only natural for members to wonder what exactly is and isn’t included in their membership.
Particularly, does Sam’s Club install brakes?! We looked into it and this is what we found…
Does Sam’s Club Install Brakes?
Sam’s Club warehouse departments include an Auto & Tires department, which offers a range of services and automotive retail goods to Sam’s Club members. However, these services, although quite extensive, do not include the installation of brakes.
This article takes a look at the Sam’s Club Auto & Tires department: what they offer, what they don’t offer, and how to access the services.
What Services Does Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Not Cover?
Sam’s Club auto services don’t cover everything. They focus on the tire and battery services your car needs to keep it safe and roadworthy. They do not offer the following automotive services:
- Oil Change
- Transmission Flush and Fill
- Brake Services
- Radiator Flushing Service
- Tire Alignment/Realignment (realignment is different than balancing)
- Body/Chasis work or repair
- Tire order transfers. This means that it is not possible to purchase tires at one club and have them delivered to or installed at another club location.
What Services Can You Get At Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Center?
Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Center Services offer a range of retail products which include batteries, tires, air compressors, vehicle parts and accessories, motor oils, fluids, and degreasers, and tools. And they also offer the following services:
- Tire installation services – delivered through a range of Tire Installation Packages. These packages begin with the Premium Tire Installation Package, which has a $20 per wheel charge. This package includes demounting, mounting, balancing, and new valve stem (if applicable), emergency roadside assistance (for 3 years from time of purchase), waste tire disposal, and a number of other benefits. The Dually/RV Installation Package is also $20 per wheel. Other tire services include trailer and specialty tire install, and one-time balance & rotation, which is for members who have not purchased tires from Sam’s Club.
- Tire pressure monitor system services – services include TPMS reset, sensor installation, single wheel reset, tire studding, seasonal tire changeover, and lug nut services.
- Free services (conditions apply) – road hazard protection, wiper blade installation, TIP balance and rotation, TIP balance, lifetime tire repair, air pressure and tread depth check, 50-mile re-torque, battery installation and battery check.
These services (and the no charge services) are detailed on the Sam’s Club Website on their Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Center Services page. It’s worth reading through these, especially the terms and conditions attached to each service.
It’s also worth noting that Sam’s Club sell regular tires and specialty tires for a variety of vehicles and activities (trailer, ATV, UTV, lawn & garden, power equipment, industrial equipment, and snow/winter tires.
Who Can Use Sam’s Club Tire & Battery Services?
To access Sam’s Club Auto (and their retail warehouses) you need to be a Sam’s Club member. There are two memberships: Club and Plus.
The Club membership is the base membership and costs $45 per year. It comes with a range of perks, rewards, savings, and access to services (such as Auto and Fuel). Club membership includes curbside pickup but not free delivery – you only get this if you join Plus.
Plus membership will cost you $100 years, and includes a greater range of savings, rewards, and access to services and benefits. You’ll get free shipping, curbside pickup, pharmacy, optical, and Instant savings, access to Auto and Fuel, Sam’s Club Mastercard (with 3% cashback at Sam’s Club), complimentary and add on memberships.
Sam’s Club don’t install brakes. They don’t offer any kind of brake service at all, focusing instead on tire and battery services.
You can access a range of these – providing you hold an active Sam’s Club membership.
You’ll find information for memberships, and for the Sam’s Club Auto services on the Sam’s Club website.