Sam’s Club already offers competitive prices, but that doesn’t mean you can’t save even more money at your local store.
We looked into how you can save money at Sam’s Club so you can take full advantage of your membership and get more bang for your buck. This includes COUPONS. Does am’s Club take coupons? Let’s find out…
Does Sam’s Club Take Coupons?
Sam’s Club state that they do not accept manufacturers’ or competitors’ coupons at any of their warehouses. They advise instead that through their Sam’s Club Instant Savings programme, customers can access similar (or better) savings anyway.
Sam’s Club Instant Savings offers both Sam’s Club and Plus members savings on select items. These offers constantly change.
Members simply sign into their member account and to view their Instant Savings activity and offers. You can also view your account using the Mobile app.
Instant Savings are based upon top selling, popular brands, and to new products. New offers are constantly being added throughout the year.
All Sam’s Club members are automatically enrolled in this programme (you can opt out), but it is not available to international members.
This article takes a look at Sam’s Club memberships: what they are, what they offer, and how you can get the most out of your type of membership, especially now knowing that they don’t accept coupons.
How Do I Use Coupons From Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club does not issue coupons. What you are able to do instead (providing you are a club member) is to redeem instant savings.
Instant savings are redeemed at the time of purchase instore at Sam’s Club Warehouses and online (if the product is available).
Once your item has been scanned at the checkout, the discount will be deducted immediately and automatically from the total. Thus, savings are instant rather than relying on the presentation of a coupon.
Any redeemed instant savings are listed with the amount on your receipt, and your membership will constantly be updated with Instant Savings offers. Your instant savings are loaded directly onto your membership card (and applied when purchasing during promo dates).
How Do I Save At Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club is an American “chain of membership-only retail warehouse clubs owned and operated by Walmart”. They offer wholesale prices on top brands, and two classes of membership.
Consumers can save money, earn points, and win discounts through the rules and conditions of their chosen club membership.
What Type Of Membership Can I Get At Sam’s Club?
Sam’s Club offer two memberships: Club Membership and Plus Membership, both with an annual fee. Customers can join either one, and memberships can be made and renewed online, by mail, or an any Sam’s Club service desk or membership kiosk.
Sam’s Club membership is the “basic” membership and costs $45 per year. You need this to be able to shop at any of the Sam’s Club warehouses.
With a Club membership, you’ll get:
- Curbside Pickup for a $4 fee: order online, pay, and park for pickup when your order is ready. Sam’s Club staff will also load your car.
- Instant Savings: these are extra offers on top of already low members-only prices (terms apply).
- Sam’s Club Mastercard: members can earn Sam’s Cash on Sam’s Club purchases, plus 5% cash back on gas, 3% cash back on dining, and 1% cash back on other purchases (conditions apply).
- Member’s Only Fuel Savings: members pay less at the pump with member-exclusive prices at select locations.
- Tire and Battery Centre: members can access free flat tire repair, battery testing and wiper blade installation (terms apply).
- Complimentary Membership: members can share a free membership with someone in their household.
- Add on Memberships: members can save on extra club memberships with a discounted annual price of $40.
Sam’s Plus Membership is the best value membership and has the most perks. The cost is $100 per year.
With a Plus membership, you’ll get:
- Sam’s Cash for Plus: a loyalty rewards programme where members get 2% back on qualifying purchases – up to $500 per year.
- Free shipping: exclusions apply
- Curbside Pickup: free (no $4 fee).
- Pharmacy Savings: with over 600 generic items to choose from (starting at just $4).
- Optical Savings: members receive 20% off a complete pair of eyeglasses and free shipping on contact lenses.
- Instant Savings: extra savings offers
- Sam’s Club Mastercard: 3% cash back on purchases Sam’s Club (instead of 1% as with Club Membership).
- Members Only Fuel Savings: members save at the pump at select locations
- Tire and Battery Centre: access to free flat tire repair, battery testing and wiper blade installation (terms apply).
- Complimentary Membership: share a membership with household members
- Add on Memberships: savings on extra club memberships
How do I get $45 Off Sam’s Club Membership?
Sam’s Club is currently offering $45 off your first Club purchases when you join up through the Club membership category (which costs $45 per year). The $45 savings is instant, but you’ll need to make your first purchase within 60 days of joining up.
Simply head to the Sam’s Club Membership page to join up and read through all the terms and conditions regarding the offer. The instant savings will be loaded into your new account within 72 hours and the offer is valid for 60 days.
When Is The Next Instant Savings At Sam’s Club?
Instant Savings are available to all club members and in all club warehouses (although item availability may fluctuate). Members are alerted via their email/online account of new offers.
The Sam’s Club Savings book can be found online on the Sam’s Club website, or members can request a print copy (or access to a downloadable copy). Sam’s Club advise that it is more efficient to view or download a digital copy of the savings book.
Does Sam’s Club Have Instant Savings Every Month?
New Instant Savings are loaded to your Membership continuously but at varying intervals. You can view all Instant Savings information using your online account.
Sam’s Club also has a handy FAQ page which covers a list of questions concerning best use of the Instant Savings Programme.
Want to learn more about Sam’s Club? Check out our related articles to learn:
- Does Sam’s Club Take Your Picture For Membership Card?
- Does Sam’s Club Deliver?
- Can A Family Member Use My Sam’s Club Card?
Sam’s Club offer a range of ways to save money shopping everyday items in their warehouses and departments.
Savings are chiefly made through membership programmes: Club or Plus, and savings increase depending on how often you shop and how much you buy.
Savings are available on a range of products, including automotive and fuel purchases.