One of the best ways to save some money is through cash back, however, not every retailer and food chain offers cash back to their customers.
Starbucks is not known for being cheap or having a lot of special offers (even though they do have some rewards programs such as stars which you collect by purchasing Starbucks products), that is why you may be wondering if there is any way you can get cashback on Starbucks.
If you are interested in knowing about cashback in Starbucks and more information related to cards and rewards then you’ve come to the right place!
Does Starbucks Do Cash Back?
Starbucks does not offer cash back on debit card at any of their locations. However, their Starbucks Rewards Credit Card does offer 4% cash-back on all dining, entertainment, and streaming services, 3% on grocery stores, and 1% on all other purchases.
On top of this, you may also find another answer for “cash back” at Starbucks, which is to redeem the cash value of your gift card, an option that is only available to customers of California and Oregon.
To file your cashback request with Starbucks, follow the steps below:
- First, you have to go to the Starbucks Gift Card Cash Redemption Program
- Then click on Gift Card Cash Redemption
- There you will enter your Gift Card Number and PIN
- Select your state and enter your ZIP Code
- Tap on “Continue”
- Enter your customer details
- Press Submit
If you want to know more about Starbucks rewards and how cashback works for Starbucks then keep reading!
Does Starbucks Do Cash Back on Debit Cards?
No, you can pay with a debit card but you won’t be able to get cashback at Starbucks.
Only those who have the Starbucks credit card get cash back applied to their monthly statements, not a direct withdrawal like you’d get from grocery stores or ATM’s.
Can You Get Cash Back From Starbucks Card?
Yes, a Starbucks credit card will give you cash back on all your dining purchases.
One unfortunate con of the Starbucks credit card however, is it’d $95 annual fee. However, if you spend more than $2,375 annually on dining or entertainment, the cash back benefits will compensate for the fee.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting A Starbucks Card?
There are a lot of benefits if you get a Starbucks card as a member, including cashback, so let’s go over some of them.
- You can get a free drink or food from the Starbucks menu every year on your birthday.
- As a cardholder, you will have access to a coupon for a complimentary handcrafted beverage that doesn’t cost more than $10, once every month.
- One of the best things about being a Starbucks Rewards Visa cardholder, is that you’ll earn more Stars and they will never expire, which means that, unlike regular customers, you can keep saving stars to claim a big reward instead of having them expire within 6 months.
- You will be able to get extended warranty protection which extends the period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by a whole year, on eligible warranties of three years or less
- You will also get purchase protection, which means it will cover your purchases for 120 days against any type of damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account
- You can get travel and emergency assistance services, which include legal and medical referrals or other travel and emergency assistance.
Everyone likes to save money or get some of it back, so even if it’s a bit limited, Starbucks will allow its customers to enjoy the benefits of cashback.
Just remember that the only way to get cashback is by downloading the Starbucks app and becoming a member, as it only works for Starbucks Rewards Visa cardholders.