You can cancel your DashPass subscription by simply using the DoorDash app or website. While doing this, ensure you unsubscribe at least a day before the next scheduled subscription renewal date, as it might prevent you from being debited for the next subscription period.
After you unsubscribe, your DashPass benefits may only be valid until the end of the current subscription period. This article may help you know the steps to follow while canceling a DashPass.
How To Cancel A DashPass
You can cancel the DashPass service using several ways. You may unsubscribe within the DoorDash application or utilize the DoorDash web page.
Using a Smartphone Application:
- First, open the DoorDash app and make sure you’re signed in.
- Go to the top left corner of the program and select the Account button.
- Select Manage DashPass from the drop-down menu.
- On the following display, select End Subscription.
- Select End Subscription once more to complete the cancellation.
Using a Web Page:
- Go to doordash.com in your browser.
- Select Log in and input your login information. You can skip this step if you’re already signed in.
- Select the hamburger button at the top left corner once you’ve checked in.
- Select Manage DashPass from the drop-down menu.
- Click End Subscription and accept it on the next display to end the service.
- You may receive a confirmation notification in the App, and through email once DoorDash has validated your cancellation.
What Is The DoorDash Refund Policy?
Refund Policy for DoorDash Food Deliveries
Before the eatery prepares your food, you may cancel your order on DoorDash. You might need to go to the order status site to do so. If you cancel your order before it is too late, your money might get a refund.
Fees for finished and delivered services are, in theory, irrevocable and non-refundable. Even though DoorDash is under no obligation to offer reimbursements or credit for completed and delivered services, they might do so in exceptional situations and at their discretion.
Refunds for DoorDash Subscriptions
If you pay $9.99 monthly for DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service, you might get free delivery on all orders of $15 or more.
It might reach a point where you choose to unsubscribe from these services and would like to know if you can get any refunds. The following are excerpts from DoorDash’s Terms of Service:
- If you signed up for DashPass as part of a free trial or a promotional service term, you may end it within the first 48 hours and get a full refund of your monthly charge.
- DoorDash might refund your money if you discontinue your DashPass subscription service during the first 48 hours and haven’t placed a DashPass-eligible order during that period.
- DoorDash may refund your yearly subscription fee if you cancel your DashPass annual subscription within 30 days of making your first DashPass-eligible delivery.
- If you disagree with the changes made to your existing DashPass subscription terms of service, you may cancel it and get a reimbursement. The company might compute this pro-rata from the end of the month in which you unsubscribe from your service.
Is It Easy To Cancel DashPass?
Canceling a DashPass is easy, and you can do it at any time. You might not be debited if you unsubscribe before the end of your free trial. If you want to keep the service but want to cancel it, you may do so by 11:59 p.m. the night before your service renews for the cancellation to take effect promptly.
If you unsubscribe before completing the monthly cycle, your DashPass might be accessible for use until the end of the payment period. Your service might be terminated, and you might not be billed afterward.
Only before the eatery begins preparing your meal may you cancel your order on DoorDash. You may first log on to the order status site to do so. If you cancel your order before it is too late, your money might be returned. You cannot cancel your order while it is being delivered.
How To Cancel DashPass Without Logging In
It is possible to effect your DashPass cancellation by just using a phone call. You can always contact DoorDash to end your subscription by calling (855) 973-1040 to request a cancellation from a representative.
You might unsubscribe immediately after speaking with the agent. Please be aware that if there is an unusually excessive amount of client inquiries, DoorDash may temporarily discontinue phone customer support.
Alternatively, you may use the live chat feature in this case.
Want to learn more about DoorDash? Read these articles to learn what time does DoorDash open, does DoorDash deliver to hotels, and can you use a gift card of DoorDash.
If you request large items, you might get the most out of the service because the delivery charge rises with the quantity of the order. It might not be worth it if you only order for yourself a handful of times a month, particularly if you order from eateries that don’t offer DashPass.
Because they give a free month, it’s always worth trying the service. You can get a good idea of how many times you would use the service on average and whether you would save money by paying for it.
Nonetheless, if you only use DoorDash for emergencies or in rare situations, it might not be worth it.
Leave a Reply