Making a purchase on Amazon is usually a very easy process, but sometimes you may find a few bumps along the road, thankfully most of them have easy solutions, including problems with your payment method.
If you find yourself in a situation where you can’t proceed with your payment due to some error with your payment method, don’t panic, there is a way to revise your information even after you made your purchase, and here is how you do it!
How to Change Payment Method on Amazon After Purchase
If you need to change some information on Amazon after you purchase an item, you can do it.
According to Amazon, there are two scenarios in which you can do this, one of them is unavoidable which is when your payment is unsuccessful and your order is pending, if this happens Amazon lets you revise your payment in order to update, change or correct any details in on your payment method by following these steps.
- Go to Your Orders.
- Find your product or your order and then click on “Retry Payment Method”.
- Select the payment method that you want and select Continue.
The other scenario is, despite everything going perfectly with your order, you have a reason to change your payment method information, and you can, as long as your order hasn’t entered the shipping process.
Here is how you do it:
- Go to Your orders.
- Select the Order Details link to make the modifications you need.
- Then click “Change” to edit one of your Amazon orders, including shipping address and payment method.
- Finally, follow the instructions to change the information.
Can You Remove Payment Method on Amazon After Purchase?
You can’t remove your payment method on Amazon for active orders, the only way you could do this for active orders would be to cancel the order and then delete the payment method that was associated with that order.
Aside from that scenario, you can manage your payment methods whenever you want, this is what you have to do:
- Go to your account and click on “Your Payments”.
- There you can decide what you want to do, between adding payment methods, edit, delete or any other details.
- Follow the steps as they are described and that’s it
What Are The Accepted Payment Methods for Amazon?
Amazon accepts many options when it comes to payment while also offering their customers the possibility of splitting the payment between a credit or debit card and a gift card, which allows for variety and flexibility during purchases.
Here are the payment options available for Amazon customers:
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Credit Builder
- Mastercard / EuroCard
- Discover Network
- American express
- EBT Snap
- Diner’s Club (US billing addresses only)
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Gift cards or prepaid cards Visa, Mastercard or American Express
What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay is a service provided by Amazon that allows its customers to use the payment methods that are associated with their Amazon account to make purchases and donations on third-party retailers.
If you wish to sign up, it’s very easy, you just need to have an Amazon account and go through Amazon’s Conditions of Use before making purchases on a site that allows you to use Amazon Pay.
How Do I Unregister Amazon Pay Later?
It’s not exactly unregistering as that would mean deleting your amazon account, is more like canceling your payment authorizations, and according to pay.amazon.com, this is how you do it:
- First, you go to Amazon Pay and sign in so you can check your orders
- You use your Amazon Credentials
- Then you select “Merchant Agreements” for details on your applicable payment authorization
- There you can click Cancel Agreement
- You are done with Amazon Pay.
According to pay.amazon.com:
After you cancel a payment authorization, future attempts to charge your means of payment using the payment authorization will fail. Past payments made using the payment authorization are not canceled. If you want to request a refund for past charges, please contact the beneficiary of the payment.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn what Is Amazon Flex, what does Amazon delivered to safe place mean, and does Amazon ship to Hawaii.
If you want to change your payment after you make an amazon purchase you can, you just have to keep in mind that you cannot do it after your order has already entered the shipping process.
Also, if there was an issue with your payment method details then that is another scenario where you can change it because if you don’t they’ll just cancel your order.
Whether you want to change your order details or remove your payment method after your purchase, just remember that it has to be before shipping, other than that you are free to make any modifications to your information whenever you think is necessary.
Leave a Reply