We all know about all those steps needed for creating accounts, signing in to sites, and how sometimes you would just wish to skip a lot of those steps and verifications, well you can skip some.
When creating your Amazon account, one of the steps “needed” is that you use your phone number, but can you create an account without it?
How To Create An Amazon Account Without A Phone Number
According to Amazon, providing your phone number is completely optional so you can go ahead and make an account without it and have no problems when browsing and purchasing products on the website.
If you want a more “in-depth” explanation then this is what you would need to do to create aan amazon account without a phone number:
- Go to Amazon.com and sign up
- There you will be asked to fill a registration form that includes your name, email address, and password for your new account
- When you are done you create your Amazon account and that’s it.
So yes, you can create an Amazon account without a phone number, however, your phone number will be required if you do wish to use Amazon and all its benefits, for example when adding a shipping address.
Can I Add a Shipping Address Without A Phone Number?
When you are adding a new shipping address you have to go through these steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Go to “Accounts & Lists” and then go to your account.
- On “Your addresses” you will be able to add a new one, and you will be asked to fill in your information including, country, your name, street address, location, and zip code, and finally, you will be asked to include your phone number.
- Then you just have to click on “Add your address” and that’s it!
As you can see, your phone number is a part of the process when you are adding a new shipping address, however, it’s not that necessary.
When you think about the whole delivery process, it makes sense to add your phone, since it can help you avoid all sorts of misunderstandings and make everything easier, but it’s not a requirement.
What Can I Do If I Provide My Mobile Phone Number?
If you provide your phone number, you will have access to a few more things on your Amazon account, including delivery status updates and text messages with important information.
There is also an account verification that can be done through 2 step verification option or in some cases where some of your shipping information doesn’t match with the one from your wireless service provider.
There are a few alternatives to this verification:
- Receive Verification Code
- Text Message Verification
- Voice Call Verification
Each one of these options is very self-explanatory, so if you wish to have that extra layer of security, you can do it.
If you don’t or if you tried it and don’t want it anymore, you can skip this extra step.
How Do I Skip Amazon Phone Verification?
This is optional and you can disable it by following these steps:
- First, you have to go to the Amazon site on your PC or your app and then go to your account.
- Click “Login & security”.
- Then you’ll see the “Edit” option, right next to Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings.
- There you can easily disable the Two-Step Verification on your account.
- You are gonna have to enter your “Amazon Security Code” from the backup method of your choice on the next page so you can disable Two-Step Verification.
- And you are done. You will get a notification after you successfully enter your provided code.
Can You Have Two Amazon Accounts With the Same Phone Number?
Unfortunately, you can’t, you can only have one account per number, however, if you want to log in to another account using your old mobile phone number, here are some solutions to that problem.
- You can just unregister your number from Amazon in “Your Content and Devices”.
- If you have another number, just use that one on your second account.
- If you can’t use your number and you don’t have any other Amazon account, contact Customer Service so that they can help you with your problem.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn what Is Amazon Flex, what does Amazon delivered to safe place mean, and does Amazon ship to Hawaii.
You can easily create an Amazon account without having to provide your phone number, but keep in mind that when you add your shipping address, it will be better for you if you add your number, since the best way to keep your experience with Amazon without trouble is to have a clear line of communication.
If you do decide to link your phone number with your account you will be able to improve your security and receive notifications on your orders, so why not give it a go? even if you don’t need to.
Leave a Reply