When shopping in Amazon, you start adding items to your shopping cart, which will then give you the total price and you’ll proceed to checkout when you are ready to make your purchase, but what if you want to share that list of items before buying?
There may be a few reasons why you want to do this, so it’s a valid question, maybe you want a second opinion on something, or someone else will be buying it while you are doing the favor of using your Amazon account.
Either way, if you want to know how to share your Amazon cart, then you’ve come to the right place.
Before you learn how to share your Amazon shopping cart, you need to know a few important things first.
There is a difference between sharing your shopping cart and sharing your wishlist, the main big one is that you can’t actually share your cart directly through Amazon, however, you can share your wishlist.
But of course, you came to know how to share your cart, and you can, with some extra steps which involve downloading an extension.
One of the most popular extensions for this is Shopping Cart Share, which will allow you to share your shopping cart with anyone you want.
The process is quite simple:
- Download Shopping Cart Share
- Go to the Amazon site and open your active shopping cart
- Click Share on the Amazon page
- Send the link of your shopping cart to anyone you want
This will allow you to share any carts including Amazon Fresh purchases so feel free to share with just one click!
There are probably a few questions on your mind so why don’t you stick around and learn a bit more about sharing your Amazon cart and wishlists.
Having a wish list is a very useful tool on amazon that can help you gather all those items you found interesting and you may purchase.
The good thing about wish lists is also that they are a lot easier to share than shopping carts, so you can share them through social media, mail, and more.
This is how you share your wish lists:
- First, go to Amazon and go to Accounts & Lists.
- Then you select the wish list you want to share.
- Click on “invite”.
- Now you get to choose how much can the other person do after having access to your list.
- There you can choose between“View only” and “View and edit”. It’s completely up to you and it’s safe to do it.
- Lastly, you can use the link to share it with whoever you want.
You May Also Like: Does Amazon Have 24/7 Customer Support?
The same extensions available for sharing your Amazon shopping carts on pc are available on the app store, so you should be able to do it without any issues.
However, if you want to send your cart and transfer control then that is a bit different.
If you are looking to share your Amazon cart on your iPhone or Android through the Amazon app, then these are the steps that you should follow
- Sign in to your Amazon account on the app.
- Add products to your shopping cart and then tap to view cart & checkout. There you can see the details.
- Click “Transfer control of the cart” and a page will come up so that you can enter the email address of the person you want to share it with.
- Click Send.
That’s it, although you also may want to know how to share your wish lists.
Here is how you share your wish lists on the Amazon app:
- First open the Amazon app and tap on the 3 lines on the bottom right, which will open the menu.
- Tap on “Your Wish List”.
- Choose the one you want and tap on “Invite” to share.
- Choose between “View only” and “View and edit”.
- Finally, you get the link so that you can share it via email, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc.
Can You Make Separate Carts on Amazon?
You can’t exactly make separate shopping carts, what you can do is create different lists of items that you will purchase later.
Here is how you do it:
- First, you have to go to “Account & Lists” and click on “Your Lists”.
- Click on “Create a List” so you can name it accordingly.
- Get to the menu by selecting the three dots, and in “Manage List” you’ll update your shipping address and other important details.
- Save Changes.
You can do this as many times as you want, which half-answers the question to “making separate carts on Amazon”.
You need to keep in mind a few things when doing this, however.
- Only the list owner can make any changes to them
- There are a few exceptions to these lists, these are out of print books, out-of-stock products, items without release dates or quantity restrictions, and cell phones that have service plans.
- You can update the lists at any moment.
It’s very easy, you just have to open the wish list that you want to move and click move to cart.
That’s it, it’s that easy, as the extension automatically detects the list and it links directly with the Amazon interface.
If you ever want a second opinion on your purchases or want a friend or family member to take over your shopping cart, then you can easily do it thanks to an extension or an app, however, keep in mind that the faster, easier way to share the items that you want to buy is via the wish list.
If you want to share a wish list, you won’t need anything more than an amazon account, so it makes everything a bit more simple.
Still, if you do want to share your cart check out these extensions for free: