As part of a guest-obsessed and collaborative team, Target employees help create experiences that leave consumers falling in love with them. When you work at Target, your sole purpose is to help families discover the joy laced in every life activity.
At Target, employees get to work alongside a dedicated, enthusiastic team that puts pride and passion in everything they do. Shoppers love visiting Target for “Insta-worthy” looks that they get at quite affordable prices.
Among the many people in Target’s employment are style consultants. What do they do, and how do you become one? Read on to discover more.
What Is a Style Consultant at Target?
A style consultant is a professional passionate about accessories and apparel. They bring to life the energy of style with the use of compelling in-store presentations that enable fast and straightforward self-discovery. Style consultants come in handy when it comes to meeting the needs of Target’s many guests on the sales floor.
You may also need their help in the fitting rooms. These individuals possess resources to assist with accessorizing, outfitting, and building the basket to shoot up top-line sales.
What Does A Style Consultant At Target Do?
Target is an organization that believes in its members having experiences that will help them develop skills for their careers. Here is how style consultants contribute to the growth of this retail giant:
- They perform personalized shopping techniques, selling tactics, and gust styling consultation. All these helps build guests’ baskets.
- Style consultants are involved in retail business fundamentals such as inventory management, department sales trends, pricing and promotions, guest shopping patterns, and basic visual merchandizing.
- Style consultant play a central part in industry trends, including fit, style, brand differentiation, and Fabric.
Is Being a Style Consultant at Target Hard?
Generally, you will find your job as a style consultant at Target enjoyable, provided you have excellent organization skills and are time conscious.
Also, once you have joined the organization, you will undergo a rigorous training process where you will learn everything about handling your job.
Learning about the job tools, rules and regulations will make your work even easier.
How Much Do Style Consultants Make At Target?
Typically Target style consultants in the United States make $18 hourly. Target tech salaries usually range from $14-$26 per hour. The amount is roughly 28% more than the national average.
A Day In The Life Of A Target Style Consultant
A Target style consultant’s typical day involves using store tools and learning about the business’s sales goals, inventory levels, top departments, guest traffic, peak hours, and shortage categories, among other things.
How To Be A Style Enthusiast
You can become an enthusiast for style by:
- Inspiring visitors to design ensembles through personal contact, appealing visual displays, and mannequin moments.
- Creating a welcoming shopping experience by staying up-to-date with trends and brand guidelines. You can also achieve this by adhering to visual merchandizing guidelines and esthetic standards.
- Encouraging customers to do a survey of all accessory and apparel areas by organizing, signing, and promoting products to match the prevailing fashion trends
- Verifying that items are available for purchase by assessing and recharging backroom and sales floor stocks.
- Enhancing your business skills to beat over clearance products and promotional deals. This way, you can assure your customers of a pleasant shopping experience.
- Re-merchandizing new items and do an update of brand spaces. By doing so, you can rally for product changes and keep your visitors inspired year-in-year-out.
How To Sell Actively
You can be an active seller by:
- Greeting visitors and introducing yourself as the department’s consultant as you juggle current tasks
- Inquiring open-ended inquiries to discover visitors’ desires and requirements and informing them of features and their benefits
- Actively promoting and introducing new brands to shoppers to establish brand loyalty.
- Engaging visitors on the sales floor and extending the same in fitting rooms by suggesting styles and accessories that they might like and constantly checking in on them
- Creating an order in-store using myCheckout to let the guest know about any unavailable choices and sizes
- Thanking shoppers for buying from Target and reminding them they shouldn’t hesitate to reach out to you for help in the future
- Focusing on the clothing and accessories fitting room and floor pad as you balance activities
- Providing personalized services and shopping experiences
- Always leading by example
- Carrying out any other duties the company assigns to you
What Does It Take To Be A Target Style Consultant?
If you are looking to become a style consultant at Target, it may help to know that the company considers the following people a good fit for the job:
- People that enjoy tea work in a dynamic environment
- Individuals committed to helping consumers fall in love with Target
- People that do not want desk jobs as you will be on your feet most of the time
- Someone that wants to sell things at Target
What Skills Do You Require To Be A Style Consultant?
Before Target considers you for a position of style consultant, they will look out for these basic skills:
- Undying interest in understanding anything to do with clothes and accessories
- Hospitality and assistance attitude towards fellow team members and guests
- Acquainting yourself with and adapting to modern-day technological requirements
- Effective communication abilities
- Ability to work alone and as a team member
- Ability to rapidly solve guest inquiries on the spot
What Is The Working Environment Like?
As a Target style consultant, your job requires you to handle cash register transactions accurately. Also, part of your job involves ascending and descending ladders, scanning, handling, and moving things safely and efficiently.
In addition, this job offers you flexible working hours. This way, you could opt to work only when it is convenient for you.
Target Employee Benefits
Working at Target has its perks. Some of them include:
- Health: Dental benefits, medical and pharmacy benefits, critical illness insurance, and vision eyewear coverage.
- Financial: TGT 401 (k) plans, family leave, life insurance, protection from identity theft, accessing your paycheck before payday, Target Credit Union, and disability insurance, among others.
- Career: mentoring and coaching, leadership development programs, and growth through free education assistance.
- Education: Debt-free education programs at renowned schools, free coaching, tuition assistance, and high school completion.
Want to learn more about Target? Check out these posts to learn what a super target is, how to delete purchase history on the Target app, and when does Target restock.
If you want to be a style consultant at Target, we hope this article provides some insight into the job. A style consultant has to have excellent communication and organization skills. They also need to be hospitable and come up with answers to their guests’ inquiries on the spot.
Leave a Reply